Flight itnerary

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
Do you bring a physical printed copy of your flight itinerary with you to the airport? Or do you just depend on your online check in, apps and/or passport verification?

I just bring my booking confirmation on my phone. Everything is paperless nowadays.

Normally print where possible at home but this time around (coming off a cruise and not wanting to jump through too many hoops) for our return I checked us all in online and only had on my phone the boarding passes. This was a little bit of a pain checking luggage and at the gate, scan, swipe, scan, swipe, scan, swipe, scan swipe, scan. The TSA personnel checking id/boarding cards when coming back was totally peeved about all the boarding passes being all on my phone and not everyone having their own copy. I'd have to scan one and they'd call the person up (essentially treated as 5 separate parties even though travelling as a family).

Do you bring a physical printed copy of your flight itinerary with you to the airport? Or do you just depend on your online check in, apps and/or passport verification?
There's no need to have a copy with you but you might want to have your confirmation number handy if you need to look up something. We always print out our boarding passes & luggage tags once we get to the airport and need to have that number to do those things. I check-in online at the 24 hour mark and if we will have checked bags I'll pay for it at that point in time as well (both WestJet & AC have that option). No-one will ask to see your itinerary

ETA -- I'm referring to Pearson & Vancouver for the printing out in the airport, at Orlando I've done the online check in and baggage payment and then let the check-in staff do the print outs that are needed

We always print out our boarding passes & luggage tags once we get to the airport and need to have that number to do those things. I check-in online at the 24 hour mark and if we will have checked bags I'll pay for it at that point in time as well.

I would ditto this - if I am travelling by myself, I just go with the app on my phone but as a pp mentioned, it is a bit of a hassle when you are travelling with family...so much easier (in my opinion) to just print them out so that everyone has their own going through security, customs, and at the gate.

I print everything out when travelling as a family just to be safe. But like pp if it’s just me the phone suffices.

At the home end I print out everyones' boarding pass. In Orlando I do check in and print the boarding passes once we get to the airport. It seems the last few times I wasn't allowed (by the airline) to print the out anywhere but at the airport. I bit the bullet and paid for seats on the return flight so I don't need to rush to check in at the 24 hour mark.

IDK but one of the things my fiance and I have done is to share her boarding pass after I have added them to my wallet. So when we are going through she has her own boarding pass and we both go with our own boarding pass and passport. We also done the same with concert, movie and event tickets. We have never had a problem.

At the home end I print out everyones' boarding pass. In Orlando I do check in and print the boarding passes once we get to the airport. It seems the last few times I wasn't allowed (by the airline) to print the out anywhere but at the airport. I bit the bullet and paid for seats on the return flight so I don't need to rush to check in at the 24 hour mark.

I’ve had the same problem too the last few times. Couldn’t complete online check in, and said I had to complete check in and get boarding pass at the airport. I don’t know what’s changed but it’s been a pain, because bags check at wdw resort is unable to take my bags and I have to take them on DME myself, lug thru airport and check in. :sad2:
Very odd. I’ll see what happens this time. I’m not flying into Vancouver, flying from US airport across the border.

I have both - I print a copy but it's not really necessary - I only do this in case I lose my phone or it breaks - what I do though is send all my emails with airline/hotel/rental car confirmations to my gmail account - which means I can access that info on any of our devices so that makes the print even more redundant. When flying in Canada I never print a thing - I just like to have everything in order in case we get questioned heading through customs.

Our next trip though - I doubt if I will bother to print anything - this trip all four of us had their boarding passes on their phones and it worked great.

I have both - I print a copy but it's not really necessary - I only do this in case I lose my phone or it breaks - what I do though is send all my emails with airline/hotel/rental car confirmations to my gmail account - which means I can access that info on any of our devices so that makes the print even more redundant. When flying in Canada I never print a thing - I just like to have everything in order in case we get questioned heading through customs.

Our next trip though - I doubt if I will bother to print anything - this trip all four of us had their boarding passes on their phones and it worked great.
Question for you though ... last trip we saw one person who seemed to have one job, wandering up and down and thru the Customs Hall at Pearson snapping at anyone who had a phone out & turned on "Turn that off or it will be confiscated" Did you have trouble showing your phone to the customs agent? Genuinely curious since they were telling everyone to make sure they had their boarding pass inserted into their passport at the photo page to speed things up.

Question for you though ... last trip we saw one person who seemed to have one job, wandering up and down and thru the Customs Hall at Pearson snapping at anyone who had a phone out & turned on "Turn that off or it will be confiscated" Did you have trouble showing your phone to the customs agent? Genuinely curious since they were telling everyone to make sure they had their boarding pass inserted into their passport at the photo page to speed things up.

We flew out of Calgary going to Disneyland - so I am not sure if Customs is different in Toronto. We did not even give our boarding passes to the customs agent - we only presented our boarding passes when going through security, then we went through the kiosk where we inserted our passports and answered all the questions and had a print out provided for each member of our family. That and our passports is what we presented to the customs officer and it was a very speedy process. However, there was no line - for security or customs - so that might be the difference in our experiences.

I'm also curious about this. Logic would dictate that, if you have your pass on your phone, you have to show it to CBP. But I suppose that it is something separate from doing stuff with your phone while in line. Which is something that has been lightly enforced since I think the Motorola Flip Phone days.

Also, if you give your phone to CBP, does that constitute approval for them to look through your phone? I doubt that they would without explicit permission, but you never know.

I always print my boarding passes at the kiosk at the airport. I like having a paper ticket but don't like dealing with a bunch of 8.5x11 printouts from home.

We frequently do boarding passes on our phones, and the agents almost always ask us to put the phone face down on the scanner when the scanner is reachable. At the actual security line with the X-rays, they usually take the phone briefly to scan the boarding pass, but have never asked us to open other screens or looked elsewhere. They're usually too busy to do more than scan and return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter