Fish Extender-PCC 5.0/Nov. 30, 2014-closed for new additions

mdvlprof

DIS Veteran
FE list is closed for new additions.
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=56EB1A498B957587&id=56EB1A498B957587!112

Make sure I have your name correct, and your cabin number correct. Esp since there have been some cabin changes by folks taking advantage of various discounts.

Let me know if you need to change cabin number, if a name is misspelled, if notes need to be added, if someone needs to be removed from list, etc.

I'm going to put some sort of message board or notepaper on my door [6647] for folks that have last minute changes [depends on what there is at dollar store :)]

I'll also check this thread up until the morning of the cruise, tho' most folks will print off their FE list well before then.
I've split the list into ‘group A’ and ‘group B’, separated by a row of red..

The split is entirely optional. Those who want to leave a FE gift for everyone on the list, fine. Those who just want to leave FE gift for those in smaller group, that'll be fine, too.

I'll try to make this 'as clear as mud'

Many folks that have commented about it, want to do gifts for both ‘groups’ on the list. That’s fine. In fact, that’s what I am doing.

However, some folks are overwhelmed by the number of folks participating, and feel comfortable with having smaller ‘groups’. And they will just give to their group. That’s okay, too.

So, if you’re doing gifts for the whole list, understand that there will be some folks who aren’t, and you won’t get gift from them, unless you’re in their group.

The link to the list [and other stuff] is also in my signature.

Some participants like to know the gender of the children as well. Thanks for starting this thread!

Since I don't see where anyone has started a list, yet.... I can keep FE list. DIS name first name ages & gender of children cabin # Are you booked thru DU/PCC? FE for PCC folks only, or PCC & non-DU, or non-DU allergies, etc... What did I forget?

Since you posted this link in our cruise meet thread I will give our info here but we are not DU for important reasons to us so please note we are not PCC.

ALMinVA
John,Amanda, Madison (13), Avery (13), Grayson(7 boy)
Cabin 8530

Thanks for organizing.

Batgirl67
Lisa, Janice and James (celeb 50th anniv)
Cabin 2092
DU/PCC YES
PCC only as this is our first time doing a FE

Cheers!

Ndsmorrison
Natasha, Josh & Zoey
Zoey is DD & will be 5 at the time of cruise
cabin # ??? (not sure yet)
Booked thru DU
(FE for PCC folks only, or PCC & non-DU, or non-DU) -- Not sure the difference?!?
Tree nut allergies

(FE for PCC folks only, or PCC & non-DU, or non-DU) -- Not sure the difference?!?
The effective difference ends up being how many FE you give [and get]. Many people find that doing both PCC & non-DU gets hard to manage if there are lots of people doing FE.

So excited for the FE. Can't wait to go on the PCC cruise.:yay: So the following people that are interested in the FE from my family are

DIS name NYC MM & Tardis1029
first name Micki & John
cabin # 7538
Are you booked thru DU/PCC? YES

FE for just PCC folks,

first name Lori & Jay
cabin #7510

FE for just PCC folks,

Jaci

allergies, etc... Shelfish & Milk

DIS name Fabulous Tinkerbell
first name Jaclyn, JJ & Andrew
ages & gender of children 11 M & 6 M
cabin #7539

FE for just PCC folks,

first name Sean & Kerry
cabin #7508

FE for just PCC folks,

We're in.

wdwscout & grmpytggr
Linda & John
Cabin 6566
DU/PCC- yes

PCC only please.
no allergies or other concerns.

We are in for fish extenders but have no idea what a pod cast cruise is. Does this affect the actual cruise, should we consider changing dates? First ever cruise. Celebrating our 30 th wedding anniversary.

Is there a good explanation posted on how FEs work? We've never done it and it's just my wife and I on the podcast cruise 5.0. Is it only for kids?

Is there a good explanation posted on how FEs work? We've never done it and it's just my wife and I on the podcast cruise 5.0. Is it only for kids?

I added a DCL info link to my signature.

In short. FE is a pocketed hanger you hang on the fish by your door. Everyone participating in FE, leaves a little momento [candy, chocolates, pencils, magnets, etc.] for others participating.

And, NO, you don't have to be a child to participate.

Here is a detailed explanation of the Fish Extender activity, including photos of fish extenders and gifts.

Absolutely- adults can (and should!) participate in the exchange! I would say the vast majority of those participating on a Podcast Cruise are adults.

Once everyone has signed up- you will have a list of those participating and cabin numbers. Then you will know how many gifts you need. You only have to deliver one time during the cruise. Of course, you can break up your deliveries into a few days if the rooms are spread out all over the ship. But one gift per cabin is all you need. Some people do one per person- but that will depend on the gift you choose.

As has been said- we get candy, mints, pens & pencils, CDs (homemade Disney or seasonal variety) "toys," lip balm, photo albums, photo frames, trinkets from where people are from, key chains, air fresheners, magnets and so much more!! Be creative!!

Finally- you can simply Google "fish extender gifts" and "fish extenders" and find countless ideas and examples to spark your creativity!!
If you have more questions- this is the place to ask!!

We'd like to join the Fish Extender Exchange :)

DIS name: Mary Jo
first names: Mary Jo, Kelly, & Nick
all adults, though Nick & Kelly are my kids :teeth:
cabin # 6134
Are you booked thru DU/PCC? Yes

FE for just PCC folks, or FE for both PCC & non-DU, or FE for just non-DU
All groups if there is one list for all groups

allergies, etc... No allergies :)

Ndsmorrison
Natasha, Josh & Zoey
Zoey is DD & will be 5 at the time of cruise
cabin # ??? (not sure yet)
Booked thru DU
Tree nut allergies

Some people are on the DIS but did not book through Dreams Unlimited Travel, and are not part of the Official Podcast cruise. Even though they are not part of the Podcast cruise, they also want to participate in the Fish Extender Exchange. The question asks if you only want to exchange gifts with
* the members of the Podcast Cruise only
* the cruisers who are not part of the Podcast Cruise only
* both groups -- PCC participants and non PCC participants

I've edited post #1. Having PCC and non-PCC on same list was confusing some people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!