First week in Nov 2018??

bam117

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first trip to Disney as a family (me, husband, in-laws, 2 kids ages 5 and 2) for November. Right now we are renting DVC points for Nov 5-10. However, the more I'm finding out about this week, the more it sounds like it's actually busy given Veterans Day, Election Day, Jersey Week, and the end of Food and Wine festival. As much as I was hoping to go to the F&W festival, I'd gladly skip it for lesser crowds. I think the person I'm renting from can change the reservation, so would we be better off going the following week? Or would it not make that much of a difference?? Thanks!

I’m from New Jersey so I pretty much always go this week, including this past year- it’s not unbearable if you go this week and if you plan well the crowds shouldn’t hinder you too much, but if you can postpone a week you’ll experience lower crowds and that’s always a good thing.

Thanks for your input! I get the feeling there were various factors that made it worse the past 2 years. Looks like Veterans Day observed will be the following Monday this year so maybe that wont make the week quite as appealing to others (outside NJ).

We have gone the third week in November and it is the absolute Best! Time to go. Crowds have either already been there for Veterans Day or are planning to go following week for Thanksgiving. Christmas decorations are up, weather is perfect (80's/60's)

We went the 2nd week of November 2017 and it was great. We never waited more than 20 minutes for anything, with a good touring plan and FP. We only did rides my 3yo could do, so no mountains or big rides. Had a great trip!

I wouldn't worry about crowds. You will be surprised at how many people you see with maps in their hands, no idea what to do first. If you take the time to prepare for your trip you'll have no problems. I love when we are checking in for a dining reservation and someone walks up and expects to be seated "now". They have a group of ten people and didn't know reservations were needed?? Those days are long gone. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts