First Visit and Honeymoon Dining Review 1/8/07

mistybuchanan

1st time to WDW & Our Honeymoon 1/6/07
January 8th, 2007- AK and Epcot

Animal Kingdom

Lunch: Flame Tree Barbeque

This was our first attempt at a counter service except the food court at our resort Pop Century. Overall I would eat here again. You really get a TON of food for a counter service meal. We found a nice little place to sit behind the building down by the water. Very serene environment that is away from the feel of a theme park.

Main Entree:

My DH and I both had the ½ slab of St. Louis Ribs which came with beans and corn. The ribs were very good and tender, but you had to use the BBQ sauce that was provided for an even better taste. The corn was good, but really needed butter as it was a little dry. The beans seemed like a mix of chili beans with baked beans, very good but a little cold….price $8.49 each

Dessert:

My DH had the chocolate cake. He said that he didn’t care for it too much as it tasted like a frozen cake. It was rather cold too….price $3.59

For dessert I had the Frozen Lemonade. It was okay. By the time I was able to eat it it was already melted so I only took a few bites…..price $2.99

Dinner: Epcot- L’Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante

I am a suck for Italian food and this place is now on the top of my list. The atmosphere although a little noisy was beautiful. The murals on the walls are absolutely geourgous. Our server was straight from Italy had still had a very strong accent. She was very attentive to our needs and explained to us the menu and her opinions. Since it was our honeymoon the table was decorated with mickey confetti in a heart shape.

Appetizer:

So many to choose from here. DH chose Mozzarella alla Caprese. He is such a cheese lover but not with this plate. He said it was okay but wasn’t too fond of the mozzrella cheese…..price $8.50

I had the Famous Ceasear Salad. Let me tell you there is a reason why it is famous. It was the best tasting ceasar salad I have ever had. Their thin homemade croutons was the icing on the cake…..price $6.95

Entrée:

My DH chose their famous Fettuccine Alferdo. I had to try it since I was battling between chosing this and another dish. It was the best I have ever had. Very cheesy tasing, which is one thing that we both love. I wish that I could make it the same way here at home….price $18.50

My entrée choice was the Trittico di Pasta. I chose this dish because my DH ordered the Fettuccine and I knew that I could have some of his. I almost didn’t order this dish because one of the pastas had imported black truffles and I had never had them before….but I was ready to try something new. This entrée came with three different parts: Lasagna, Ziti with fresh plum tomato sauce and pasta dumplings filled with imported black truffles , mushrooms and cheese. I ate every single thing on this plate. The dumplings were surprisingly very good. Not something I would eat all of the time, but I would definitely eat them again. The Ziti was my favorite on the plate. Very tasty and cheesy. The Lasagna was very sauce and flavorfull. Overall I was very satisfied…..price $22.95

Dessert:

Before our dessert came the servers came with a cake for us and sang us a song. It was very cute but did make me blush.

I had my absolute favorite dessert at an Italian restaurant: Tiramisu….very very good. Probably the best and creamest Tiramisu I have ever had…definitely beats Olive Garden…..price about $6.00

My Dh had the chocolate cake….sensing a theme here with him??? It was wonderful. Very soft, moist, and flavorfull….price about $6.00
For snack today on the DDP we both had a bottle of coke at $2.00 each

Total cost for food today: $96.46

Savings on the DDP: $19.46

Congrats and thanks for the great reviews! Looking forward to more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter