~*~First Trip Together PTR~*~

PalmettoPrincess

DIS Veteran
Hello all! My name is Lauren and I'm currently planning my first trip to WDW in FOUR YEARS! It's been way too long for me! I've been to Disney three times in the past (1992, 1994, 2005)... that isn't a lot, but I try to supplement my inexperience with constantly researching the resort! HA!

My wonderful boyfriend and I have been dating for 11 months and he knows that I LOVE DISNEY! So in April '09 he called me early in the morning and told me that he was going to take me to the happiest place on earth! But he left all the planning to me, besides picking the hotel and certain restaurants which we did together. This is (for all intensive purposes) his first trip to WDW and I like planning, so I don't really mind.

Okay, so here's my plan so far:::

GROUP: Two. DBF (23) and me (21)

WHERE: All-Star Movies. We knew that we were limited to Value Resorts and we both liked the theme of ASMo...... I smell photo-ops galore! :]

WHEN: August 16 - 22 2009. We'll be taking advantage of the Free Dining Promotion!! YES! Also the 18th is my birthday, and what better way is there than to celebrate my birthday in WDW?! Since I don't need the Free Ticket, I can't decide if I should get the Birthday Fastpass or the GiftCard... any suggestions?

CELEBRATIONS: My birthday and DBF's first trip! Can't wait to get my birthday button!!!!

HOW: Driving from South Carolina. We should hopefully arrive at noon-ish on the 16th, we should give us an opportunity to get in some Disney fun the first day!

ITINERARY:

Sunday, Aug. 16:: arrive at noon; check-in to hotel; wander around the various hotels; ADR for Boma (5:45 pm); mini-golf at Winter Summerland

Monday, Aug. 17:: Animal Kingdom! ADR for Rainforest Cafe AK (6:00 pm)

Tuesday, Aug. 18:: Magic Kingdom and MY BIRTHDAY! :] ADR for CRT (8:10 pm)

Wednesday, Aug. 19:: Disney Hollywood Studios! ADR for Sci-Fi (5:55 pm).... we won't be able to see Fantasmic! as it's not being shown.... I've never seen it, but that's just another reason for me to make another trip! :]

Thursday, Aug. 20:: Epcot! ADR for Coral Reef (5:50 pm)

Friday, Aug. 21:: Magic Kingdom! ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern (6:20 pm).... I'm upset this isn't a character dining experience anymore, but at least they'll still have that yummy food!

Saturday, Aug. 21:: Downtown Disney! Leave at noon-ish to head for home :[

---------------------------
There's about 2.5 months left and I'm SUPER SUPER excited! EK! Thanks for stopping by! :]

Sounds FUN!

I celebrated my 21st birthday at WDW! I "legally" had my 1st alcoholic beverage at 9 in the morning at the Disney Stuidos. :rotfl2: I was just soooooo excited to show my ID and purchase that 1st drink.

Now I'm 30 and depessed out of my mind when people don't ID me anymore. Not that I drink much. But I have so many memories of that birthday, it was great.

Hope you have a memorable birthday on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter