First Trip Report for a Longtime Disney Fanatic

Clare Voince

In Spiritual Repose
I've decided to do my first pre-trip report for my 17th trip to Disney to give my poor father a break from my constant planning chatter! First some background. I'm a single, 39 year old woman, and I live with my widowed father, age 77. It's been nearly 3 years since my last trip to the world, and I'm in serious withdrawal, so I'm dragging dear old Dad to the World in February 2011.

We'll be going for 5 or 6 days, and will be staying at the Beach Club for the first time... at least that's the plan. I went temporarily insane over the weekend when I looked at the 'Special Offers' on the Disney website. I couldn't believe how super cheap the rates were for our dates! I was ready to throw the BC out the window and book the Grand Floridian Theme Park View because it could be had for a mere $371 per night!!! :woohoo: But, I came to my senses and remembered I had very good reasons for choosing the Beach Club this trip. Besides, the deals are just as good at BC! But, I haven't actually booked it yet, and I have a very indecisive nature (hmm.. BWI instead?), so I might just go bonkers again. :crazy2:

I have two main reasons for choosing BC this trip. First, We are HUGE hockey fans, and since we'll be travelling during the hockey season, proximity to ESPN Zone is a definite plus. The other reason was access to the World Showcase, where I hope to schedule some ADRs. Trekking all the way across Future World just for dinner is probably too much for my Dad. Plus, it looks like a great resort, and I've never stayed there!

Despite my inability to commit, I have made one final decision for the trip. Shocking, I know! It is the all-important, crucial "What bag do I bring to Disney?" decision. After reading the Post pics of your bag you carry into park thread on the DIS for well, months, I found a bag on Zappos that I think will be perfect. I almost got the Baggallini messenger that so many on that thread love, but I had concerns about the way the strap attached, as I was looking for more of a cross-body bag than a sling. It's the Bed:Stu Chevron. It's really a man's bag, but it had EVERYTHING I was looking for. It has a deep main compartment for my giant wallet (I'm a where's georger, so a big wallet is a must), and large camera. It had a front zip pocket for my tickets and fast passes, and I could use either the back pocket or the front snap pocket for park maps. It also lacks the flaps that a lot of messenger bags have. I find them annoying and always in the way. Although I found it on Zappos, it was about $39 cheaper on Amazon, and Dad has Amazon Prime, so discount + free 2 day shipping = sorry Zappos!

Now I am eagerly awaiting the bag, and mulling over the other million decisions I have ahead of me. I hope you'll enjoy following me on my journey as much as I've enjoyed your trip reports!

Clare

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter