First trip and ADR.

Punkin472

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! My husband and I are taking our 5 year old for a quick first time trip to WDW 5/31-6/2/10.

I have made the following ADR's.

5/31 8:30 am Rainforest Cafe (doing Animal kingdom first..could NOT get an ADR for Donald's safari bfast) should I do boma instead?

Afternoon in the MK

7:50 CP dinner with Pooh and Friends

6/1 8:40 am Hollywood and Vine with Playhouse disney characters (going to DHT for am)

Back to MK for afternoon

7:45pm Narcoosees (is this too early a booking to watch wishes?)

6/2 9:20 am 1900 Park Fare w/mary poppins (leaving that afternoon..last sit down meal)

We are staying at the Caribbean beach resort. Are my breakfast times too early to get there on time? Any other advice on other options would be GREAT!

Don't give up on Donald's Breakfastsauri. Keep trying online or calling dining. People cancel all the time and you may be able to get a time. :thumbsup2

If you can't get Donald's breakfast, then in my opinion, yes go to Boma instead of Rainforest Cafe.

Your dinner at Narcoosee's could last a while, so I can imagine your still being at least in the area for 10pm Wishes, if not still eating at your table. If you end up finishing, they have the music on speakers both inside and outside the restaurant.

I think you will be fine at Narcoose's for wishes. Plus any later might not be good for your 5 year old to truly enjoy. Plus if you finish dinner right before wishes you can go outside and there are benches and other areas you can view Wishes from next to the restaurant.

Hi everyone! My husband and I are taking our 5 year old for a quick first time trip to WDW 5/31-6/2/10.

I have made the following ADR's.

5/31 8:30 am Rainforest Cafe (doing Animal kingdom first..could NOT get an ADR for Donald's safari bfast) should I do boma instead?

Afternoon in the MK

7:50 CP dinner with Pooh and Friends

6/1 8:40 am Hollywood and Vine with Playhouse disney characters (going to DHT for am)

Back to MK for afternoon

7:45pm Narcoosees (is this too early a booking to watch wishes?)

6/2 9:20 am 1900 Park Fare w/mary poppins (leaving that afternoon..last sit down meal)

We are staying at the Caribbean beach resort. Are my breakfast times too early to get there on time? Any other advice on other options would be GREAT!
I don't know if you are on the Disney Dining Plan, but I wanted to mention that Rainforest Cafe does not accept the DDP.

I did NOT know Rainforest didnt accept the dining plan. Thanks so much!

Well we ended up going 6/1-6/3 instead of 5/31-6/3 and got a later flight 6/3 so we can be in the parks until 4pm or so instead of having to leave early in the morning. so THREE full days in the parks YAY!

Of course I had to change all my ADRS. Here's what I have now

6/1 Boma for Bfast, Fulton's Crabhouse for dinner

6/2 Supercalafragilistic bfast at 1900 Park Fare, Narcoossees for dinner (is this WORTH 2 credits?) I tried to get a 7 or 8 at California Grille or Ohana but can't seem to.

6/3 hollywood and Vine for playhouse disney bfast.

Still hoping to get Donalds Safari bfast 6/1.

Thanks for all your input! Can't wait to go!

I did NOT know Rainforest didnt accept the dining plan. Thanks so much!

Well we ended up going 6/1-6/3 instead of 5/31-6/3 and got a later flight 6/3 so we can be in the parks until 4pm or so instead of having to leave early in the morning. so THREE full days in the parks YAY!

Of course I had to change all my ADRS. Here's what I have now

6/1 Boma for Bfast, Fulton's Crabhouse for dinner

6/2 Supercalafragilistic bfast at 1900 Park Fare, Narcoossees for dinner (is this WORTH 2 credits?) I tried to get a 7 or 8 at California Grille or Ohana but can't seem to.

6/3 hollywood and Vine for playhouse disney bfast.

Still hoping to get Donalds Safari bfast 6/1.

Thanks for all your input! Can't wait to go!
Sorry, I hate to tell you, but Fulton's Crab House isn't on the DDP either and neither is T-Rex.

seriously? How can I get a list of the restaurants that DO accept the dining plan?
All of the Restaurants inside of the parks and resorts are included. We like to eat at Wolfgank Puck's and Planet Hollywood at DTD and I also heard that Raglin Road is good.

You can download the WDW Dining brochure off the WDW site and it lists all participating restaurants and which restaurants are 2 credits.

Thank you so much! Got into the California Grille 6/1 for dinner instead of Fultons.

Still trying for Donald's Safari Bfast 6/1. or Cafe Mickey ANY time we are there..lol.

Thank you so much! Got into the California Grille 6/1 for dinner instead of Fultons.

Still trying for Donald's Safari Bfast 6/1. or Cafe Mickey ANY time we are there..lol.
I know California Grille is 2 credits, but it's good.

As for Donald's and Chef Mickey's, you'll just have to check the dining reservations daily. You might get an opening at Donald's, but Chef Mickey's is one of, if not the most popular Character Dining experience. It often books up right at the 180 day booking window.

If you're struggling with dining reservations, the Dining Board here on the DIS is the place to be.

Jumping in late here, but Boma was really good and the Animal Kingdom resort is nice to walk around in. Switch to it if you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter