First timer help please

Disneylover21

Earning My Ears
Hi, hubby, myself and our nearly 4 yr old will be visiting DL from the 7th of may for 4 days. We are from the UK and we have never been to Tokyo and we're so excited.
I was wondering if it's best to buy our tickets in line now via the Disney land site or if you can get them cheaper anywhere else?
Also how does the parent swap work? Can we que together or will it take a long time for each or us to que up whilst the other waits? I've read there are only a few fast pass rides.

Are you arriving on May 7th? It's the last day of the Golden Week holidays. The airport and other public transits may be crowded.

If you are staying at one of the Disney hotels or official hotels, you have guaranteed admission to the parks, so you can buy the tickets after you get there. Even if you don't have the guaranteed admission, I think you don't have to worry about it since the Golden Week is over.
The ticket price should be the same. Sometimes they have limited time specials, but those are usually for the people living in Tokyo area or the member of the fan club.

You can check the official site and see the height requirements and which ride offers FastPass. I have never used the rider swap, but they say to ask the CM at the attraction entrance.

Have a magical trip!

We did child swap for Journey to the Center of the Earth at DisneySea. I think they use the term child "switch" instead of swap at TDR. We just showed the CM at the entrance our 4 year old DD and said "child switch?" (I tried to say it slower and enunciate). We were given a paper pass. DH and DD went off to do something else while DS and I went to ride. DS and I had Fastpasses for the ride, so the line didn't take long. When DH used the child switch pass it was pretty quick too, I think he went through the Fastpass line.

Are you arriving on May 7th? It's the last day of the Golden Week holidays. The airport and other public transits may be crowded.

If you are staying at one of the Disney hotels or official hotels, you have guaranteed admission to the parks, so you can buy the tickets after you get there. Even if you don't have the guaranteed admission, I think you don't have to worry about it since the Golden Week is over.
The ticket price should be the same. Sometimes they have limited time specials, but those are usually for the people living in Tokyo area or the member of the fan club.

You can check the official site and see the height requirements and which ride offers FastPass. I have never used the rider swap, but they say to ask the CM at the attraction entrance.

Have a magical trip!

Hi, we arrive in Tokyo on the morning of the 2nd and we're spending the first 5 days sight seeing. I have no idea what golden week is like but we had to book these dates as the flight prices were just so low we couldn't resist :)

Golden Week: http://tdrexplorer.com/golden-week/

Fast Passes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Disney's_Fastpass_equipped_attractions#Tokyo_Disney_Resort

Unless you're staying on site, I would consider buying tickets in advance online just to ensure that you get tickets. You could also buy them when you arrive in Tokyo from a Disney Store. I don't think there is anywhere to get them "cheaper". I think TDR Explorer has a code for Klook, but it's only for one or two day tickets from memory.

The article from the above link explains golden week well! It's a good idea that you are not hitting the parks till 7th.
But any other touristy places you go to during that week can be crowed. Good luck and hope you will have a great trip!

We had troubles buying tickets online, not sure why, probably something with the credit card company thinking it was fraud?

We bought our tickets in Tokyo a week before Disney at the Disneystore!

We will be there for four days from the 8th, we might bump into each other

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter