First time visiting parks..need some help plz:)

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
When we travel to Florida we only go to Disney, but my kids are getting older and asking for Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.. We have our next Disney trip planned for 2019 but it's so hard fitting in two extra days to our Disney schedule. Every summer we go to Hilton Head Island and for next year I'm thinking about surprising the kids and driving to Orlando for two days during our HHI vacation. Do you think we can get both parks done in two days in early-mid August? Also, I don't know much about these two parks. I have only been to US as a kid. Are there fast passes and how do they work? I was told in a different post I need park to park tix? I'm confused about what those are exactly....Thanks for any info!

Getting both IOA and USO done in two days? That can be done. I'd usually suggest 3 days to explore the parks, but 2 days is surely better than the 1 day some people try to squeeze in.

You shouldn't have an issue doing both parks in two days during August. You need to check out the website and see where everything is located so you can get a feel for the parks. Express Passes are available to purchase...the cost varies based on the date and expected crowd. You might want to consider staying onsite to get unlimited Express access for two days...not sure of your budget or arrangements. You might also consider Volcano Bay too...that will take a day. Park to park tickets will let you go between both parks as much as you want...also it will allow you to ride the Hogwarts Express from one park to the other. Feel free to ask plenty of questions.

I've been looking at tickets on Undercover tourist. There's so many options. So as long as it says 2 day park to park, that means we can get into both parks using the express as often as we want during the days two days?

You should look into staying at an on-site hotel. Three hotels offer express passes free for guests. Could save you a lot of money.

Park2park tickets are definitely a must. It makes everything more flexible, so more things can be done.

It also means that you can ride the Hogwarts express, one of the best rides at the parks.

2 days is enough to do most things at the parks.

I've been looking at tickets on Undercover tourist. There's so many options. So as long as it says 2 day park to park, that means we can get into both parks using the express as often as we want during the days two days?

let's just clear some terms up

a park to park (= you can visit both USO and IOA on the same day) will allow you to ride the Hogwarts Express which is a themed train ride (differenrt experience each way) that runs between both parks.
if you don't have a park to park ticket, you can't ride that ride and you can only visit one park per day

there is another use of the term "Express" at universal, it's the Universal name for Fastpass (so to speak)

you can pay for them, either for a single visit per ride each day, or for unlimited visits to each ride each day

The 2 day 2 parks tickets you mention are park to park tickets (change parks during the day and ride Hogwarts Express) but do not include Express passes (fastpass)

you can also get unilimited express passes (fastpass aka front of the line passes) by staying at one of the 3 deluxe hotels (Royal Pacific, Hard Rock Hotel, or Portofino Bay) those passes are included in the price of the room, but you still need tickets.

You can use Hogwarts express. But it won't have Universal Express (fastpass) included as it costs extra.

I'd absolutely stay on site if you can.

Also, if it fits in your budget, staying just one night at one the "deluxe" hotels (Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, or Portifino Bay) will give you free unlimited express passes for 2 days (the day you check in and the next day when you check out.)

You should look into staying at an on-site hotel. Three hotels offer express passes free for guests. Could save you a lot of money.

Park2park tickets are definitely a must. It makes everything more flexible, so more things can be done.

It also means that you can ride the Hogwarts express, one of the best rides at the parks.

2 days is enough to do most things at the parks.
Do they have villas on site? Or a suite that will allow 7 of us to stay in one room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter