First Time I Ever Felt That WDW Wasn't Worth The Time and Money

I am here right now; in fact we arrived this morning. Fifth trip in five years with my five year old. And this will likely be the last for a looooong time. Every ride my kid has been looking forward to has been broken today. Pirates down all day. Splash mountain down for referb. Both haunted mansion and barnstormer broke while we were in line. Little mermaid stalled 7 times while we were on it. Even the people mover broke down just as my son said he wanted to go on it. He was a good sport about it all until the people mover and he started crying and I'm angry. We spend so much money on this and it's been so much less than magical. The only thing that got his mood up was tomorrow land speedway - go carts that I could have paid $20 for at home. Heartbroken and bank broken.

Ugh, I'm sorry! I hope things look up.

Thank you. They did look up. We had dinner at the Crystal Palace wiyh Pooh, which never gets old dor my boy, Pirates got back on track shortly thereafter, and we managed to get on Peter Pan in less than thirty minutes after a massive thunderstorm cleared the park out. Still irritated, but I paid to much to hold grudges lol.

I am here right now; in fact we arrived this morning. Fifth trip in five years with my five year old. And this will likely be the last for a looooong time. Every ride my kid has been looking forward to has been broken today. Pirates down all day. Splash mountain down for referb. Both haunted mansion and barnstormer broke while we were in line. Little mermaid stalled 7 times while we were on it. Even the people mover broke down just as my son said he wanted to go on it. He was a good sport about it all until the people mover and he started crying and I'm angry. We spend so much money on this and it's been so much less than magical. The only thing that got his mood up was tomorrow land speedway - go carts that I could have paid $20 for at home. Heartbroken and bank broken.

That was our experience last November. We didn't go one day without some ride breaking down, usually multiple rides in one day. And, the monorail was down as well. Strangely enough, on our Feb/Mar 2016 trip, nothing broke down.

We had FPs for Winnie the Pooh, but the ride was down. The next time we were able to go by there was outside of our FP window. The CM told me "tell me a good story why I should let you ride." I was a little taken aback by his attitude and told him "your ride was broken when we came by to use our Fast Passes." He didn't say another word.

For what we pay for tickets, it isn't too much to ask that the rides be reliable.

That was our experience last November. We didn't go one day without some ride breaking down, usually multiple rides in one day. And, the monorail was down as well. Strangely enough, on our Feb/Mar 2016 trip, nothing broke down.

We had FPs for Winnie the Pooh, but the ride was down. The next time we were able to go by there was outside of our FP window. The CM told me "tell me a good story why I should let you ride." I was a little taken aback by his attitude and told him "your ride was broken when we came by to use our Fast Passes." He didn't say another word.

For what we pay for tickets, it isn't too much to ask that the rides be reliable.
if a ride is down during your FP+ window, they will change it to a multi experience FP+ with no time stamp if you ask. Sometimes it just happens on it's own if the ride is down for an extended period of time.

Sorry you did not have a magical time. I guess it stays magical for us because of the time between trips. I am the one who ends up paying for the trips and it can take 2 to 2.5 years to save since we stay for 10 to 12 days each trip. And as much as I would like to see the Halloween stuff the horror stories I have read here keep me from going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!