First Time Cruiser - Question about timing of flight home

HeyIt'sMe

Nothin' to see here folks
DH, DD (20) and I are taking our first Disney cruise on the Dream in February. We have never been on a cruise and are SO excited!

We plan on flying home the same day the ship arrives back at Port Canaveral. I know the ship is scheduled to arrive back at port at 7:30am but I don't know how long we should give ourselves to get back to the airport. Is a 12:50pm flight too early? Would a 3:10pm flight be better?

TIA!
Debbie

DH, DD (20) and I are taking our first Disney cruise on the Dream in February. We have never been on a cruise and are SO excited!

We plan on flying home the same day the ship arrives back at Port Canaveral. I know the ship is scheduled to arrive back at port at 7:30am but I don't know how long we should give ourselves to get back to the airport. Is a 12:50pm flight too early? Would a 3:10pm flight be better?

TIA!
Debbie
As DCL recommends flights after 11:30, a 12:50 flight would be just fine. Or a 3:10, if you just want to allow yourself more time at the airport. There's plenty to see there.

Take the 12:50. The 3:10 will leave you bored senseless for hours at the airport.
Not everyone gets "bored senseless" when people watching. It actually can be a less traumatic transition to the "real world" to not have to stress about "How long is the security line?" "Are there traffic issues (accidents/road construction) between port and airport?" "Can I grab something to eat before flying?" etc.

I might be on the same cruise...is it the Feb 19? We are headed to universal right after docking, hope we can ge get there quickly. Last cruise we stayed on the ship as long as possible.

I might be on the same cruise...is it the Feb 19? We are headed to universal right after docking, hope we can ge get there quickly. Last cruise we stayed on the ship as long as possible.

Will you be renting a car? Looking for flights for a different cruise, but trying to figure out what to do with our luggage if we fly out later.

Will you be renting a car? Looking for flights for a different cruise, but trying to figure out what to do with our luggage if we fly out later.
Not sure if we will rent a car or just use a car service to and from universal. We are going there just for one day and then to the airport the day after. Don't want to waste time renting a car and navigating.

Take the 12:50. The 3:10 will leave you bored senseless for hours at the airport.
This! I've had layovers at airports around the world and not once have I ever thought, "I am so glad I got to spend a few extra hours at this airport!" :-)

How long can you stay on the boat and is there breakfast options available that morning?

They want (and need) you off ASAP. Most by 9 - they will start gently sweeping at 9:30.

Remember how excited YOU were to get on board? There is a terminal full of people that excited to get on their cruise. And they cannot do that until everyone is off from the previous cruise.

And . . . is there breakfast?
You are assigned a specific breakfast time based on your dinner seating. Early seating is 6:45, and late seating 8:00. You eat in the dining room you had dinner in the the night before.

OR you can go to Cabanas (limited menu). That closes at 8:00, but you can usually hang around there until 8:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter