First time at Palo - what should we get?

I have been to Palo at least 15 times for dinner, I have never put something in my mouth there that I didn't like.
My favorites are the mushroom risotto, grilled portobello mushroom and polenta, the tenderloin and of course the souffle.
The brunch is pretty amazing too!
Don't miss it.

We are signed up to go to the brunch this time. Can you get the risotto, tenderloin and souffle at the brunch?? I may change it if I cannot get the risotto!!!

My last Palo experience was very different. Our server made a show of noting we had the wave phone because our DS was in the club and fussed about how we should take our time and his was our night.

He then shoved us through a revolving dinner door - we were rushed through in under an hour. For dinner.

The food was good but frankly I would not have been willing to pay more than the actual up charge for the food we got and the service we got (kind server but again - revolving door). I can get better food in my neighborhood. And not be rushed through my meal. YMMV.

Now Remy - that was great and we would do that again.

I would add a caveat to all the recommendations for the chocolate soufflé. My husband and I both typically prefer fruit (especially lemon and cherry) desserts to chocolate desserts but, based on the overwhelming recommendations on the disboards, ordered the soufflé when we went to Palo. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the soufflé and it tasted just fine - but the waiter also brought us a bite of a lemon dessert that we both thought was AMAZING. Next time I will stick with my known preference for lemon desserts and leave the soufflés for the chocoholics.

We are signed up to go to the brunch this time. Can you get the risotto, tenderloin and souffle at the brunch?? I may change it if I cannot get the risotto!!!

They do not offer the souffle at brunch. Here is a picture of the brunch menu from Nov 2017. I forgot to take a picture of it last month - but it was very close to this if not the same menu.
DSCN9983_zpsnlpxgahw.jpg

DSCN9983_zpsnlpxgahw.jpg

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

They do not offer the souffle at brunch. Here is a picture of the brunch menu from Nov 2017. I forgot to take a picture of it last month - but it was very close to this if not the same menu.
DSCN9983_zpsnlpxgahw.jpg

DSCN9983_zpsnlpxgahw.jpg

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
This is very helpful. We may have to book a dinner as well!! Thank you!

DSCN9983_zpsnlpxgahw.jpg

DSCN9983_zpsnlpxgahw.jpg

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Chicken Parm, Chicken Parm!!

Tom especially enjoys the tenderloin, and I enjoy the lamb or the Dover Sole, we were there last night.

I agree with having the Caprese salad and yesterday we shared a small taste of the gnocchi which was fabulous. We also enjoy the antipasti!!!

For dessert we usually ask for berries and maybe ices. However, yesterday I had the chocolate soufflé for the first time in over 10 visits and it was excellent. I had not liked it the first time I ordered it. Tom was given a portion of fresh berries and FIVE scoops of gelato! Flavors were Macadamia, Mango Mint, Double Chocolate, Berry and Expresso. WOW!

The fried calamari w/ a jumbo shrimp appetizer is INCREDIBLE. The tenderloin w/ the red wine & Gorgonzola sauce is great. Our sever also brought us a pasta with a spicy(ish) marinara sauce with jumbo shrimp on top that was amazing, I just don't know how it's listed on the menu. The chocolate souffle is an absolute must for dessert. If you don't get the souffle you basically didn't really go to Palo.

Seriously, everything I've ever had is great so just order what sounds good and don't be afraid to order a lot. Enjoy!

We have only dined at Remy, which I thought was a lovely experience, but I could not tell you anything that I had to eat. It was all very good, but nothing that I actually remember and could call out as a 'must have'. I am a vegetarian (dh is not), and the items you all are listing (I love mushrooms) sound great for Palo. We were planning another visit to Remy on our fall cruise, but now I am questioning if we might enjoy Palo more. ???

We have only dined at Remy, which I thought was a lovely experience, but I could not tell you anything that I had to eat. It was all very good, but nothing that I actually remember and could call out as a 'must have'. I am a vegetarian (dh is not), and the items you all are listing (I love mushrooms) sound great for Palo. We were planning another visit to Remy on our fall cruise, but now I am questioning if we might enjoy Palo more. ???
My motto is ..............when in doubt, do both!

Our sever also brought us a pasta with a spicy(ish) marinara sauce with jumbo shrimp on top that was amazing, I just don't know how it's listed on the menu.

Probably the pasta arriabiata. I like arribiata but I'm allergic to seafood. More than once at Palo, they've brought me a small plate of it without the shrimp. The menu has changed over the years and some of what I liked I think is no longer on it but I've never had anything I didn't like. I was a big fan of the gorgonzola gnocchi but I don't think it's on the menu anymore. I'm generally not a big fan of lamb but I've had it there a few times and it was really good - very mild and tender. I love the souffle and have it every time. I often ask for just a half portion of the entree (or two entrees) because I need to keep room for the caprese salad, the antipasti and the souffle. Sometimes DH and I will order our entrees and then one more to share.

Risotto is served with the chicken parm at brunch!

There is also a delicious risotto served in the one of the dining rooms, I can't remember if its Royal Palace or Enchanted Garden. I believe its served with a fish dish. It was so delicious. Maybe someone else will remember.

The butternut ravioli/agnolotti with brown butter sage sauce at Palo is vegetarian and one of my favorite dishes in the whole ship and I’m not a vegetarian!

There is also a delicious risotto served in the one of the dining rooms, I can't remember if its Royal Palace or Enchanted Garden. I believe its served with a fish dish. It was so delicious. Maybe someone else will remember.

Yes, it was the Pan Seared Bass with Fava bean and pea risotto and it is a very light but flavorful dish. I have a menu from 2017 showing Royal Court offering it. But in 2016 we have a picture from artist palette offering it and this year DH had it at enchanted garden.

First, enjoy the antipasto. I could make a substantial meal just from the choices on that plate. Try to limit yourself so you have room for the rest of the meal. I usually start with either the caprese salad (have some more of that delicious balsamic vinegar on the tomato and mozarella) or the ciuppin (fish) soup. Either is a great starter. I follow wtih a small (half) order of pasta, usually the mushroom risotto unless the server recommends a chef special. Last week, this was a thick hand-made pasta with a delicious spicy tomato sauce. My entree of choice has usually been the rack of lamb with a side serving (again a half order) of the seared scallops. DW usually has the filet which is her favorite cut of steak and always cooked to perfection. For dessert, I used to go with the chocolate souffle, but have now been getting an Amaretto souffle that I actually like even better. The chocolate is a caffeine overload at that time of night (I normally limit my caffeine intake after 2 pm because it keeps me awake at night), but the Amaretto souffle normally comes with a scoop of espresso gelato. I ask to substitute the vanilla gelato served with the chocolate souffle so I get the best of both worlds. We tip $15 per person for the dinner plus whatever additional makes the gratuity for the wine I order at least 25% rather than just the 15% autogratuity since I seek the advice of the Palo sommelier. I take any infinished wine (DW doesn’t drink) back to the stateroom to enjoy before dinner the next night.

The brunch is a must do. Somehow it feels more relaxed than the dinner, just a different atmosphere i think. We also seem to try a few more things at the brunch.

Lamb, or Dover Sole for me and the incredible chocolate souffle although I was brought an additional amaretto souffle too which I hadn't ordered lol! I just had to eat some of that too!
As for tipping it's up to the individual. My son who was Platinum way before me suggested approximating what the meal would have cost shoreside in an equivalent restaurant and tipping 20% on that amount. I've no idea if that's the norm but I've just gone along with it unless my server has been sub par which did happen once out of all my times there. Then I tipped a bit less. However, I've since chatted with other folk on the ship and most don't seem to tip anything like that, so tip what you are comfortable with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!