First solo trip!

Kellyh123

DIS Veteran
I am so excited! I have had a real tough year at school this year and I am finished June 2nd. I have a trip planned for July with my family, my parents my brother and his family etc.. I just can't wait that long. I have an AP and airline miles.

I really need to get away so today I booked a trip for just me June 10th -June 14th.

I have never gone by myself before but I am really excited. I still need to find a place to stay. I have always stayed onsite and would really like to do so again but need to keep this trip cheap so I am not sure.

So my question. What are some things I really should do while I am there by myself? I know there are a lot of experienced solo travelers out there. I would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks so much!

Kellyh123 said:
I am so excited! (...) I have never gone by myself before but I am really excited.
Thanks so much!

:wave2:
Hi Kelly I'm on my first solo too so I know what you're feeling :wave:

Sorry Kelly, I forgot to mention that yes I'm on my first solo but unfortunately not to WDW , I'm going to DLRP (Disneyland Resort Paris). This year I need to get away for so I decided to go to my favorite place DLRP , I'm staying for 7days/6 nights (wich is enough specially since this is not my first time there and to this Park it's much smaller then the ones in the USA) , and I will take a couple of days to go to Paris.

I did a solo trip in January for the 1/2 marathon, and then my family joined me later in my trip. It was wonderful! I took the Keys to the Kingdom Tour which was great and which neither my DH or DD would be interested in. I also took the time to really enjoy and watch things and people. My family never watched the parades, so I enjoyed those. It felt a little odd to me to ride rides by myself, but I felt that way, no one made any comments, etc.

I also did some of the things I was scared to--like ride Mission Space. I also spent the time to send the video postcards, something I had never done before.

i'm going solo for the first time in early june. a little nervous about it, but i love disney and couldnt wait any long to go, so decided to go alone. its been an overerly stressful year so far, and i think disney is just the cure. booked the POLY to go all out on myself. i've got the same jitters though...

I just came back from my first solo, I to have been in college and wanted a mental break before next classes. I was there May 20-27th and stayed at the Beach Club and Wilderness
lodge!! I got so much done solo, it did not bother me at all, I even did a sit down resturant or two, and always had someone to talk to!! I also did some people watching at the parks...that was extremely interesting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter