First Solo Trip starting May 18th -- Any Tips?

JudyS

Disney Lover, DVC Member, and Timeshare Fan!
I am doing my first solo trip to the World very soon! :Pinkbounc Actually, it starts off as a couples trip, me & my DH, Tom. Then, he has to go back to work (poor guy!) and I'll be staying another week (lucky me!) So, I will be on my own from May 18th through May 25th. Part of the time I will be at Old Key West, and part at Boardwalk.

Any suggestions for a first-time solo-er? I have been trying to read these threads to see when there are meet-ups for DISers, but I am getting a bit confused :crazy: I see there is a Solos Jellyrolls meet up on the 20th. I also found a spot on a Wishes cruise via the Theme Parks board, and a lunch meet on the 22nd at Tubbi's Buffeteria that was listed on the meet-up board. I wouldn't mind doing another meet-up or two -- anyone going to be there during this time, who wants to meet up? (I'll be checking both my email, and my DISboard PMs. Donna, I posted on your thread about Jellyrolls!)

Hope to meet some of you at The World! :wave:

(edited for spelling)

I won't be solo during the time that your there but you'll have a great relaxing time. I would tell you to do those things that you've never done before or always wanted to do. For instance, don't push yourself to wake up early for the parks, go and come to them as you please. I had a blast spending a day at TL. I also spent a good part of a day wandering around DTD and before you knew it several hours of amusement has passed by. If you haven't seen some of the other Disney resorts, take a bus from DTD or theme park and check them out, have lunch - dinner or just coffee and dessert, shop and wander the property looking for all the unique arctiture. Do the Monorail shopping tour. There are so many relaxing things to do especially when your staying at two different DVC properties. Enjoy.

Hey Judy. We have a meet at Jelly rolls on the 24th set up for around 8:30 if you want to join us. You can pm if you are interested. Enjoy your time solo
Debbie

My first tip is not to feel like you have to fill up your time with meets and other planned activities. Just relax, enjoy the slower, more sedate pace of a solo trip, and do whatever strikes your fancy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter