First RCCL Cruise....I need help please

cherokeemamma

DIS Veteran
Hello! We are cruising on Brilliance of the Sea in October. This is our first cruise without our kids so we are super excited! However, we have only been on Disney cruises so I feel lost when planning. I noticed on the planning page under spa treatments they offer a S.E.A. Thermal Experience Week Pass Is this like the Rain Forest pass on Disney? I have found price discrepancy also. One says $50 for a week pass and another $99; I think the couples pass is $150. Has anyone done this? Is it worth the money? Do they offer a day pass? Are there showers and dressing areas for use?

I was reading about the adult only area, the "Solarium". On one page it said there is a charge to use this. UGH!! Another stated it was free. Can anyone tell me about this?

Is there anything we should know about this ship?

I am starting to feel like there is a charge for every little thing on this ship.....I'm feeling concerned. Please make me feel better.

Thanks everyone!

I am boarding the Brilliance on Sunday in Amsterdam. I have sailed on her before and she is a gorgeous ship. There is not a charge for the adults only solarium. I don't know about the spa, we never use it. The extra charges are very similar to DCL. Specialty restaurants, spa treatments, drinks, etc.
Denise

No charge for the Solarium.

I do not know if Brilliance still has the thermal spa (similar to the rainforest room) or if that space has been converted to cabins like on Jewel.

I had a salt scrub in the regular spa two years ago (only because I won the raffle). It was the typical cruise spa experience...relaxing and then the hard sell at the end even if you put “No sales please”.

After I board tomorrow I will try to get a spa brochure and post what is on it.
Denise

My only advice is not to compare RCCL to DCL solely based on an older smaller ship. Set some expectations there. RCCL is awesome.

Solarium is free. Depending on ship's atmosphere you may not get a 'strict' interpretation of Adults-only. On our last cruise there was barely any kids and the passengers were very international. As a result we saw a lot of tweens/teenagers in the Solarium. It didn't seem to bother anyone though. And we had the kids' section to ourselves almost every day! (with our kids)

Book spa appointments immediately. They fill up fast.

I think there's a change in cruising overall to start charging more for optional items/food. I don't care for it, but the onboard-credit promotions are keeping up to offset it.

Look into the premium drink package for at least one of you. I think it's worth it.

Hello! We are cruising on Brilliance of the Sea in October. This is our first cruise without our kids so we are super excited! However, we have only been on Disney cruises so I feel lost when planning. I noticed on the planning page under spa treatments they offer a S.E.A. Thermal Experience Week Pass Is this like the Rain Forest pass on Disney? I have found price discrepancy also. One says $50 for a week pass and another $99; I think the couples pass is $150. Has anyone done this? Is it worth the money? Do they offer a day pass? Are there showers and dressing areas for use?

I was reading about the adult only area, the "Solarium". On one page it said there is a charge to use this. UGH!! Another stated it was free. Can anyone tell me about this?

I am starting to feel like there is a charge for every little thing on this ship.....I'm feeling concerned. Please make me feel better.

Thanks everyone!
You mention twice that two web pages have two different costs for the same item. Are both pages from Royal Caribbean? Are you sure they're the same item? ie: I know some ships have a specialty restaurant in the Solarium that's open for dinner and that would have an upcharge. But using the Solarium itself is free.

As far as the Spa, everything is an upcharge there (except using their showers and dressing areas).

Thanks everyone!

We sailed the Brilliance this year and it is one of our favorite ships now. The solarium is awesome:) It is very easy to navigate and besides the soda package the only extra we paid was alcoholic drinks. Usually they will offer a ten drink card for 75 with the auto gratuity added to that, but no guaranties they will offer it.

We never felt the need to eat at a specialty restaurant, but I know others do like to do so. The staff was super friendly and the ship was very clean. If you search threads I have started you can find my Brilliance review on here which may help you out some.

Found it

https://www.disboards.com/threads/brilliance-of-the-seas-was-well-brilliant.3664175/#post-58812011

The only time I think there is a charge for the Solarium is on some cruises out of China (on Ovation of the seas there is). It is only on cruises out of China though, and not on any others. Honestly, I don't even know if it is on the other ships out of China or just Ovation.

ETA: I also wanted to add that I think there were also some recent cruises out of Asia (maybe just limited to China as well) that the solarium was used for suites only or some other similar restriction.I can't quite recall the specifics, I just know that I have come across trip reports/blogs stating this when researching our future cruise on Ovation this Spring.

I do think there is another line that does charge for a similar area so that might also be where the confusion is from.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!