First Haircut

WantToGoNow

DIS Veteran
IMG_3537.JPG My dgs2 has an appointment for his first haircut at the MK on the first full day of our trip. The only problem is I'm not sure he will have enough hair to cut. Has anyone taken a child with little hair?

We took my DS at nine months and he had less hair than your little guy. We juat asked them to clean it up a little. We did the first haircut package and it was very cute. They definitely get it is for the experience and not always just about the haircut.

He has plenty and will look adorable when they r finished. (although he's already adorable)He will make your trip so special, enjoy!!!

what is the first haircut package? do you need to reserve this?

what is the first haircut package? do you need to reserve this?
There is a first haircut package at Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street. We took my niece last year and it was such a cute experience for $25. They do take advanced reservations, but they also take walk-ups, but there might be a short wait. I recommend the reservation. We had an appointment right at 9am when the park opened, and my niece was the first one taken and we were done in 15 minutes.

my oldest was 1.5 years when she had her first haircut at MK. they sprayed her hair and gave it a little shape up. the whole experience including certificate, pixie dust/hair, and ears are totally worth the $25!

We did the first hair cut at the Barber Shop in DisneyWorld with our first three kids.....when our fourth came around I said we can't NOT do it with her. She was 9 months old and we weren't sure when we would be back so I made a reservation. She had a lot less than your child by the time of the appointment. We took video as they cut a few wisps and tucked it into the tissue with the Mickey confetti. We also have the certificate and the Mickey ears, but more importantly we have the memory for all of them getting a first hair cut on Main Street! If you want to do it more for the memory then go for it!

My 6-year-old had her first haircut their last year. It was just a little trim, but it was such a fun experience, especially with all the mementos. They put her hair in cute pigtails along with PLENTY of pixie dust. She was over the moon.

We went in June and my 2 year old niece had her first hair cut. She had very little hair and they just shaped it up. Cut very little but saved a snip for her mom as well a certificate and mickey ears. She loved it!

I would love to do this with my 13 month old gd's on our trip this fall. Do they give you the Mickey ears with straps for infants?

Yes, her Mickey ears had a strap that fits under the chin. And they say first haircut on the back. They are a great souvenir!

My 6-year-old had her first haircut their last year. It was just a little trim, but it was such a fun experience, especially with all the mementos. They put her hair in cute pigtails along with PLENTY of pixie dust. She was over the moon.

My daughter is 5 and hasn't had a haircut yet. This could be such a cute idea to have her first haircut at WDW! I found an older thread on here about the barber shop where they put color in a little girl's hair and put it up in pigtails. Do you happen to know if they still do the color too?

My daughter has long wavy/curly hair. I haven't been able to bring myself to cut it yet, because I don't want those ringlets in the bottom of her hair to disappear. Even if we get her haircut at Disney, it would only be a trim probably. Even though she could probably get several inches cut, I don't know that I'm ready!

I could have written this post myself! My daughter will be 2 weeks shy of 3 years old when we go and she has the best curly hair! I feel the same way but came on the disboards to get some more information about it! We will definitely be doing just a trim :)

I booked the First Haircut package for my 2.5 y/o daughter, but my husband thinks it will be a waste of park time. I really want her first haircut to be at Disney so it's extra special. Do you think we'll miss too much park time, even with an advance reservation? Thanks!

I booked the First Haircut package for my 2.5 y/o daughter, but my husband thinks it will be a waste of park time. I really want her first haircut to be at Disney so it's extra special. Do you think we'll miss too much park time, even with an advance reservation? Thanks!
We did this last year for our 2 year old daughter. It was great! They were very fast. We had scheduled it 180 days out and when we walked in they were ready for her within 5 to 10 min. Then it only took 15 min prob. Such a nice memory!

I wish I had done this. We had time, but I didn't get around to it. I don't think her hair is going to wait another 2+ years to be cut until our next trip, lol. She's 5 already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter