First camping trip in 2018...Sadly not Disney.

PaHunter

Reasonably Knowledgable Individual.
Well just booked our first camping trip of the season. We are off to Tennessee, and the East Coast HDT Rally. It is a get together of Heavy Duty Class 8 trucks used to pull Fifth Wheels. DW and I are talking about selling off our one ton and purchasing a larger truck. She wants to see first hand what it is about, and take a ride in one. So now it is time to get the checklist out and start prepping the camper.

PaHunter,

Assume for a minute that I don't know anything about trucks ( :rolleyes: ). Remember, I'm the guy who pulls a popup.

So to put it roughly, a 1500 is a half ton, 2500 is three quarter ton, 3500 is a one ton, so you are looking for more than a 3500? What is in that class?

Bama Ed

PS - what part of 10RC?

PaHunter,

Assume for a minute that I don't know anything about trucks ( :rolleyes: ). Remember, I'm the guy who pulls a popup.

So to put it roughly, a 1500 is a half ton, 2500 is three quarter ton, 3500 is a one ton, so you are looking for more than a 3500? What is in that class?

Bama Ed

PS - what part of 10RC?

So our 3500 comes in as a Class 4, and yes we are looking at Semi Trucks, similiar to Randy's, but only to tow RV. It would be a class 8, class 7 if you drop one of the tandem axles.

Headed to Deer Run RV park, in Crossville. It is about a 600 miles from our place.

For a pop up this maybe overkill...:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter