Finding Place to Stay Near L/A

mastodon

Mouseketeer
I am trying to find a place to stay after Disney for 3 nights. Would like to sightsee in LA, go to dodgers game, warner brothers studio tour and go to the beach. We fly out of LAX. Santa monica is just very expensive. Any other resort type places? Huntington Beach too far from everything? Any advice would be welcome!

Are you planning Universal at all? I've stayed at both the Universal cirlty hotels, decent hotels with fair pricing, and close by WB and not too far for Dodgers.

I have stayed here in Santa Monica https://www.choicehotels.com/california/santa-monica/comfort-inn-hotels/ca430 its affordable and about a mile from the main shopping and restaurant area and the beach / pier. Its also a good location for travel into Hollywood.

The Warner Bros Studio Tour is located in Burbank, which is north of Hollywood. I went there this year and loved it, although at the moment it is Pretty Little Liars heavy, great if like me you are a fan of the show, but my friend who has never seen the show was a bit underwhelmed.

I have stayed here in Santa Monica https://www.choicehotels.com/california/santa-monica/comfort-inn-hotels/ca430 its affordable and about a mile from the main shopping and restaurant area and the beach / pier. Its also a good location for travel into Hollywood.

The Warner Bros Studio Tour is located in Burbank, which is north of Hollywood. I went there this year and loved it, although at the moment it is Pretty Little Liars heavy, great if like me you are a fan of the show, but my friend who has never seen the show was a bit underwhelmed.

never seen that show, but getting to go to Central Perk is worth it.

We'll be out there for our 1st trip in a few weeks. We are staying at an Airbnb in North Hollywood. We found a really nice one for $128 a night. It seems in a great location. Then we are heading to San Diego for a long weekend and are also staying at an Airbnb there. Then back to Anaheim and are staying across the street from DL at a hotel off property. I would definitely check Airbnb though. My husband was against the idea at first but once I showed him some places and he read some reviews he felt better about it. Plus we are saving a ton of money! I feel like I couldn't find a decent place for under $200 a night in either LA or SD.

When are you looking to stay? As I'm sure you know, prices will be very different during summer/offseason. There are some decent hotels in Burbank, Studio City and even Hollywood that you can find in the $200 range but those are not really "resort areas." Beachside is always going to be ridiculously expensive to stay somewhere nice. Huntington Beach is nice but with everything you want to do being in LA you will have significant travel times.

I can honestly recommend Air Bnb or Home Away. They seem to have places literally all over. you should be able to find a nice place to stay within 1 of these 2 sites.

We stayed in the ELan Hotel in Beverly Grove few weeks ago. Walking Distance to Farmers Market. Super cute boutique hotel. Great service. Great price!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter