• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finding Dopey

AllyGirl

Earning My Ears
In a few weeks I will be embarking on my 12th trip to WDW.
Every year, since my first trip in 1990 at the age of 10, I have tried to get a picture with Dopey.

On my last trip in '01, I found him. We were leaving Tony's on Main Street, and Dopey was walking with his CM minders through the building. I shrieked and ran over, and they were kind enough to stop and take a picture with me. When I got home and developed the film, the photo didn't turn out. Apparently the flash didn't work, and all you can make out is the bright purple hat.

This trip I will start searching again - does anyone have any tips? Have you seen my favorite dwarf hanging out anywhere in the past? Any ideas would be much appreciated for this Disney kid. Thanks!

I found not only Dopey, but all the dwarves at the Kodak picture area. I forgot the exact name. When you walk into the Magic Kingdom it is one of the very first buildings on the right hand side. It is the Kodak exhibition hall or something like that. We saw all 7 dwarves there, and there is plenty of time for pictures.

We were just there last month and we saw Dopey and Snow White at the front of the MK, right next to Town Hall.

We also saw Dopey in Fantasyland in July.

He's so cute! :D

We found Dopey at the Town Square Exposition Hall (the Kodak hall) on two separate trips; once outside under the covered walkway/ramp nearest the entry tunnel, and the second time he was inside the building (back past the specialty photo area, where the movie theatre is set up - where they continually show the old cartoons in air-conditioned comfort!)

On the second occasion, he spent quite a bit of time playing with our girls at the interactive kiosks during the 100 Years of Magic celebration. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: (I guess there weren't that many people around that wanted his photo and autograph at the time!) :eek:

Exposition Hall is a great place to find all sorts of characters... I think that's where most of our autographs have come from. It's also a nice place to be when it gets really warm, or when it rains! (It's getting to be that time of year now, you know!) ;)

If you still can't find Dopey, here's something else you can try:

(This is from Deb's Unofficial WDW Information Guide)
Use Guest Relations -- Guest Relations at the parks are very useful (Also City Hall at the Magic Kingdom). They have numbers they can contact to see where everyone will be making appearances. If your child has been aching for a photo with Donald Duck, when you arrive at the park in the morning, your best bet would be to go to Guest Relations . They can find out for you where the good spots are to spot that duck. Though, these schedules are always subject to change, there's a good chance of finding them.

Good luck, and have a great trip! Wish we could be there, too!

Sandy

from my guide:

Dopey

Disney Characters on Holiday (AM)/Germany Pavilion(PM) - Epcot
Sorcerer Mickey's Hat - MGM

You guys are fabulous!

Excellent ideas - I printed them out! You know, I always walk right past the Kodak hall in my excitement. This year we'll have to stop by.

Thanks!

i love dopey too!

When i went in March - i just had to see him.

Yep - he is right in MK as soon as you enter. Along with various other characters.

I would have liked to have seen all the seven dwarfs - but i got my picture with him - so i was dead happy.

He is lovely:bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter