Finding Disney Dollars at Parks

Scootin'By

DIS Veteran
I love the old Disney Dollars (I'm so sad to find out that they stopped making them). When there used to be a lot more of them, you'd sometimes see them in the change till at a kiosk in Disney World and be able to ask for them with your change ("Hey, I see you've got a Disney $5, I'll take that instead of $5 USD).

Since the Parks are still accepting them as "currency", has anyone found one like this recently?

The last time I used Disney Dollars was around 2015. My mom gave me a couple of $50s for Christmas because she knew we were going to the park. I was really tempted not to spend them, but it's $100!

If you happen to see Disney Dollars in registers at the theme parks these days, it would only be because they were in such bad condition that the person who used them knew it couldn't be sold for more than what it's worth. $1 Disney dollars of even a crumpled variety can be found selling for $5 - $15 dollars or more on E-Bay.

Also, if you spent those $50 dollar bills, you missed out on a lot of money because those bills sell for easily $500 - $750 on the low end. On the high end they get even crazier in price dependent on how low the serial number on the bills are.

I casually search on eBay and have not noticed values for Disney dollars.
Where are you finding this information about $50 50th Anniversay dollars from DL Resort selling for $500?

The easiest way to confirm pricing would be to just go on eBay, type in what you're looking for on the search bar: example ' 2005 $50 Disney Dollar ', then filter the results by sold & completed listings. (it should automatically filter it by ended recently, if not make sure you change the results to search by 'ended recently', to get more recent sales data)

For example, the last sale of a 2005 $50 Disney Dollar sold for $842.50 on July 26th. That was an ungraded version by the way. The graded ones sell for even more usually. So if you have one, get it graded before selling and increase your profits.

a 64PPQ version from PCGS with Charles Boyer's signature on the envelope sold for $961.01 on June 25th, just to give you an example. I think PMG graded notes go for more in the instance of Disney Dollars from my observations. No idea why though considering PCGS is one of the authorities when grading coins.

It's one of the few Disney Dollars I'll probably never attain just for the sheer fact I can't justify the cost of buying it.

Also, if you spent those $50 dollar bills, you missed out on a lot of money because those bills sell for easily $500 - $750 on the low end. On the high end they get even crazier in price dependent on how low the serial number on the bills are.
Well now I feel terrible LOL Oh well, you can't keep everything in life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter