Few questions about our July trip

Mom2micayla

DIS Veteran
We're AP holders and planning on taking a short 3 day drip to DLR in July for my daughter's 3rd birthday. :)

I have a few questions. We've never gone during peak season. Normally I'd avoid it at all cost, actually. But we figured we'd go ahead and take advantage of the AP as much as possible. Right now we're looking at either July 11-13(or 14) or July 18-20(or 21). Both are T-Thur(F). My daughter's birthday is the 13th so I'd sort of prefer that week, but was wondering if one week would be slower than the other? I'm assuming it's going to be crazy busy b/c it's peak season and the 50th is going on, right? I have 3 toddlers and I don't want them to be miserable waiting in lines all day.

I've been looking at hotels and they are rather expensive those weeks. We've gotten pretty spoiled with off-season rates I guess. Anyway, any suggestions on how to get the best deal? There will be 5 of us going.

Lastly, does anyone know if any conventions are going on either of those weeks? I went in Feb. when the cheerleaders were there and it was sooo crowded! I'd like to avoid going during a major convention again if possible.

http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/events.cfm

That's the link to see what is going on at the convetion center. Looks like the second week you are thinking of going has three conventions (including some soccer thing) and the first week has one.

As far as crowd levels I would assume it would be busy either week you are going summer is usually just downright busy. Maybe some who have actually gone in July have some more insight.

Sounds like you know DLR, and this link to hotel locations may or may not help:

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

We usually go in July or August, and have converged on the philosophy of staying as absolutely close as we can. Last two trips we have stayed at Best Western Park Place and gotten a suite. We paid $130 a night last August. We break for 4-5 hours each afternoon for a swim and nap, and get to the parks early.

The crowds do not bother us at all, but we do avoid weekends. By getting to the parks early, leaving mid-day, then returning in the evening, we bypass most of the crowds.

I do not know about convention info. And either week in July will be about the same I expect. From July 1 to mid-August DLR is maxed out.

I would go with the earlier week. The second week has the start date that's the day after DL's B-day. While the 51st won't be as nuts as the 50th, some people make special trips to be to DL for it's b-day and likely there'll be some carryover crowds into the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter