Festival of Fantasy Parade Dining Package?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Can this be purchased using the dining plan? If so, how many credits? Is the VIP viewing spot worth it?

Yes, 1 credit. We find it a great value - appetizer, entree, dessert and drink - plus the parade spot. I loved not having to stake out a spot in advance and it was a great location. We liked it so much we are doing it again this year.

Yes, 1 credit. We find it a great value - appetizer, entree, dessert and drink - plus the parade spot. I loved not having to stake out a spot in advance and it was a great location. We liked it so much we are doing it again this year.

So, if the parade is at 3, what time would you need to be at the location? I'm assuming the meal is a lunch?

Ooh, that sounds like a great plan! What time does the parade actually get to you?
I want to say around 3:20? I believe the ticket they gave us said to arrive before 3:00pm but there were people coming even 5 mins before with their ticket and they were letting them in.

We hadn't booked it for this year, then Dh showed me a pic of our girls last year at the parade. There is no one else around us at all all and the people across the street are packed 3 rows deep. Dh requested I book it again lol.

I want to say around 3:20? I believe the ticket they gave us said to arrive before 3:00pm but there were people coming even 5 mins before with their ticket and they were letting them in.

We hadn't booked it for this year, then Dh showed me a pic of our girls last year at the parade. There is no one else around us at all all and the people across the street are packed 3 rows deep. Dh requested I book it again lol.

I'm really thinking we will. We're bringing a first timer - and realistically, probably only timer, so I really want her to have a good experience.

You don't need a dining package to see FOF. If you're on the dining plan with kids, I'd much rather use that credit on a character meal somewhere. There are plenty of one credit character meals.

The package description specifically states that only a non-alcoholic drink is included. Does anyone know if this can be substituted for an alcoholic drink when using a 2018 dining plan credit?

The package description specifically states that only a non-alcoholic drink is included. Does anyone know if this can be substituted for an alcoholic drink when using a 2018 dining plan credit?
There are reports that ROL and Fantasmic packages are allowed to have an alcoholic bev when on the dining plan. Haven't heard any reports of Tony's specifically but I will report back next month when I go.

There are reports that ROL and Fantasmic packages are allowed to have an alcoholic bev when on the dining plan. Haven't heard any reports of Tony's specifically but I will report back next month when I go.

Thanks. It's not a big thing for me either way, just curious really. If the other fixed-price plans are allowing alcohol on the dining plan, I'd guess this one likely will too.

I think I know this answer- but hoping for a surprise...if I have reservations at Tony’s for lunch, Can I upgrade it to the FOF package there?

I think I know this answer- but hoping for a surprise...if I have reservations at Tony’s for lunch, Can I upgrade it to the FOF package there?

Not usually. It is supposed to be done through the website, BUT it NEVER hurts to ask once there.

I might be being a bit stupid but I can’t see anywhere how much this costs
Please can anyone enlighten me please
I’ll be there in August if this makes a difference

Looking forward to your report on this. Thanks!

Looking forward to your report on this. Thanks!
We did the parade package yesterday - were able to get one alcohol drink as part of our dining package with no issues. The food was excellent (really loved the ravioli) and the parade passes were awesome. Walked up at 3:10 and had front row seats for the parade with lots of room to move around. It’s a great value on the dining plan!

We did the parade package yesterday - were able to get one alcohol drink as part of our dining package with no issues. The food was excellent (really loved the ravioli) and the parade passes were awesome. Walked up at 3:10 and had front row seats for the parade with lots of room to move around. It’s a great value on the dining plan!

That's awesome. Thanks!

What time did the parade get to you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter