Favorite stroller for toddlers to take to Disney?

ForEver2016

Mouseketeer
We currently have a Baby Jogger City Select, which is just not super ideal for Disney. It’s pretty heavy and bulky, and it doesn’t recline fully so it’s not great for afternoon stroller naps.

We are looking for a stroller that is lightweight but has a decent size storage basket underneath, and that reclines fully.

What are y’all’s favorite lightweight, fully reclineable strollers to take to Disney?

Last edited:
Lol I use the BJ City Select or the double Summit X3 (their jogger). The seat does recline fully just there's some awkwardness with their legs.

We are planning to take our Uppababy Vista for our two boys, ages 1 and 2. It's heavy and cumbersome, but it's also comfortable for them and for us and we know it well. I'm still trying to decide how best to navigate buses with it now that we need two seats - we took it almost two years ago with only one kiddo.

The seat does recline fully just there's some awkwardness with their legs.

The leg awkwardness is what prevents the naps, I think! I’m looking for one that lays completely flat.

We are planning to take our Uppababy Vista for our two boys, ages 1 and 2.

I guess I should have stated that I’m looking for an inexpensive, more lightweight option. Uppababy’s are gorgeous, however out of our budget for a second backup stroller =)

If I were to get a stroller for the parks (my husband totally vetoes it every time), I would get a nicer umbrella stroller. I've had my eye on a Chicco for a long time but the price of the double always stops me from pressing add to cart.

We took our britax bagile. I had ideas of taking something lightweight, even bought a fancy $80 umbrella stroller that fully reclined, had a large basket, good wheels and one hand fold. I took it to the zoo a few times and couldn't get my stride to fit with the stroller. I kept kicking the wheels. Needless to say I sucked it up and took our britax and never regretted it! The bulkiness is only a pain loading in the bus and honestly it wasn't that bad.

My favorite stroller in general iss the Uppa baby Vista but not for Disney. It is too heavy and I wouldn't chance it being stolen (It doesn't happen often but it does happen). I have a City Mini as well and that has been perfect. A little bigger than an umbrella stroller and it has a big sun canopy so it is good for napping and relaxing. I have the snack tray on it so he can snack or use his sippy cup. I bring my handle caddy for our water bottles and we keep our rain ponchos and rain cover in basket below. We have taken this stroller on 5 trips so far with him ranging in ages 13 months to 3 years. We will bring it on our two trips this year as well although he never wants to sit in it anymore we find on occassion he gets tired and wants to go in.

I'm a big fan of Uppababy too (have a Cruz and even that was too big for me last May on our first Disney trip) and have been researching lightweight strollers. After looking at quite a few options, I ordered the new 2018 edition of Uppababy GLite -- very light and easy fold.
My dad has the Summer Infant Lite that many do but I had problems with opening and closing on a beach trip last year.

We took our City GT Mini this past trip and loved it. It's bigger than your typical Umbrella stroller, but not huge, and we had no problems navigating with it or getting on and off monorails. It just moves so easily, has the sun canopy and underneath storage. We found it really nice to have an extra "storage space" while navigating the parks. We also have an attachment for drink/ stuff storage on the handle, which was another nice place for carrying stuff. I would definitely take it again.

We were flying to Disney so we checked the stroller with American Airlines, but a friend of mine gave me a tip and we detached the wheels before hand (easy to do with the GT) and fit them into one of our large suitcases. We used a bungee around the stroller to prevent it from opening. These two moves were easy to make when checking bags and prevented any major concerns about damaging parts.

Our Maclaren Techno XT has served us well, though it doesn't have a very big basket. It does, however, fully recline and have an extendable sunshade for almost complete coverage. And ours came with a rain cover, which has come in handy many times at Disney.

I have a 2 year old and debating between bringing our Britax B-Agile or our Uppa Baby GLite. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Generally now, we always use our GLite and it has the added benefit of being red, rather than our black Britax. But not sure if the Britax is better suited for Disney- it’s my first time going with my own child so I am not used to having to push a stroller there!

We have a bugaboo that I was nervous about bringing since I heard there are thieves that target those high end strollers. A family member is going to lend us their City Mini GT stroller that they specifically use at disney.

I have a Baby Jogger Vue I bought specifically for Disney. I loved it so much, I sold my Britax.
It reclines flat, is easy to navigate, and it folds up small for buses. And it’s not crazy expensive - i paid about $130 a few years ago and I just saw some on Amazon for $89.

Here's another vote for Uppababy. We bought a G-luxe for our Disneyland trip. It fully reclines and the sunshade is huge. It's also got decent padding so my daughter is very comfy in it. The basket isn't very large, though. I have the Cruz but find myself reaching for the G-luxe on a day to day basis.

We had a City Select for our twins at home, but never took it to WDW. We used a double maclaren which was great. Also, a city mini gt has a lot of the same features that you probably love for your CS, but easier fold and carrying. I think a lot depends on if you are using Disney bussing. You need a quicker fold on those than the CS.

Maclaren all the way! We had the Volvo for years and it weathered multiple trips to WDW. Super lightweight and easy to throw over your shoulder when folded. Large canopy to protect from sun.... Also comes in unique / interesting colors so you can spot it in a crowd.

Uppa baby is awesome but no way would I have brought mine to the parks.

I love my joovy scooter double. It's lightweight and reclines fully and there's good size storage underneath. It's also reasonably priced at around $200.

We also have the City Select, but aren't bringing our own stroller down. We are renting a Citi Mini GT from a well known company down in Disney. We figured the most important factors for a stroller in Disney would be:

1) Easy to transport on/off buses & monorails
2) Decent canopy
3) Ample storage space underneath
4) Maneuvers easily

DH and I went to the store this weekend to "try strollers out" that the company offered and we chose the City Mini GT. It moved around SO easily, was so light (esp compared to our City Select) and easy to fold up/break down. Very excited to use the stroller once we are down in Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!