Favorite Solo Places to Dine?

It's up and down. I've always felt Biergarten and Teppan Edo were good choices; because, you dine as a group. I've had it in both places where that can be really a good choice and a bad choice.

Yes, those can be very good or very bad. The one time I dined at Teppan Edo, it was very bad. I was seated next to a teenager who was enduring her worst nightmare-vacation with her PARENTS and now seated next to a stranger, and (I'll bet she could tell) this stranger was a teacher! Trying to be nice and ask her questions was only met with monosyllabic grunts. Since I taught high school, I recognized those grunts. When the meal was over, I don't know which one of us was more anxious to leave. That's when I decided I'd rather dine alone, then to wish I was dining alone. I've never done communal dining since.

I've eaten at the bar at the Wave solo. I own BLT so I've been to the Wave multiple times as it's so convenient. I enjoy the restaurant and the bar.

One time when I was there waiting for a friend from West Palm Beach to drive up to see me, I had a young guy about 30 try to pick me up. I was well into my 60s. He kept telling me how he was getting a divorce and how his wife didn't understand him. He was pretty drunk - obviously. My friend laughed when she showed up.

I've done Jiko solo at the bar and at a table. I like Sci-Fi solo. I don't think I've ever had anything but a burger there.

The ABC restaurant in Hollywood Studios at dinner time. Nothing extravagant but I love the BQQ chicken meal and the quietness of it. I usually dine an hour before it closes. It's casual but it's my favorite place to dine solo. :)

Hi everyone, I'm new to this and haven't had a solo trip to WDW- YET! I'm planning on rectifying this pretty soon. I'm a squirmy kind of person when I'm uncomfortable and have to try to pretend to be confident as not to draw attention to myself. I'm looking for restaurants with bar areas so I don't stand out so much. I love the look of Beaches and Cream and sadly had to cancel a reservation for it on my last trip. Do any of you have any recommendations

It's up and down. I've always felt Biergarten and Teppan Edo were good choices; because, you dine as a group. I've had it in both places where that can be really a good choice and a bad choice. I still will take a chance with both places.

I would have said anyplace except those restaurants because of the group dining. It depends on your personality. If you're outgoing, 'family style' seating might be right up your alley, but for someone who is a smidge shy, it felt very awkward.

Shulas steakhouse and Yachtsman S'House. I ate at both places solo and I was treated like gold. The meals are also some of the best I have ever had on Disney property.

I like Kona Café alone, and I haven't gone yet, but I want to do Jiko solo. They have a counter you can dine at so you're not all alone at a table. Oh, and 50's Prime Time's bar is the bomb for solo dining!

You can eat at the bar at 50's Prime Time bar? Do they have the full menu?

How was Victoria and Alberts? I cancelled because I heard it took 2.5 hours.

I prefer to take 3 hours. Tasting menu dinners aren't meant to be rushed. Its intention is that you savor each dish and experience each part of the dish both individually and together along with wine pairings. It's the best dinner I've had. Been 3 times, 4th in May for my birthday.

Have you done the Chef's Table?

I have not. There is a minimum of 2 people required and I have yet to find anyone who wants do it with me let alone go to disney with me. It's on my bucket list as I've done QV room and main dining.

I have not. There is a minimum of 2 people required and I have yet to find anyone who wants do it with me let alone go to disney with me. It's on my bucket list as I've done QV room and main dining.

Well, if we can get a critical mass of people, count me in. I've been wanting to go there, but it is hard to find a combination of Disney fan + foodie.

it is hard to find a combination of Disney fan + foodie.
That is the summary of me! I am a really big foodie. I divide disney experiences into 3rds.

1. Food
  2. immersion
  3. customer service
Glad to meet another foodie! We should plan a date for later this year or early next year for disboard food enthusiasts to go!

Jiko at AKL- I highly recommend as a solo diner. You can sit at the fireplace bar and chat with the chefs or at a regular table with privacy. At both, I’ve experienced excellent service and food.

I did a solo character meal at Tusker House bc I like the food there, but didn’t like the solo experience. They put me in a back dark corner with another solo diner at the next table. It just felt weird back there like they wanted to hide us away. Characters did come by though.

Solo dining at Marrakesh in epcot is fun if musicians and dancer are performing

Monsieur Paul was my favorite solo experience. I went early so it was not busy. Felt completely spoiled by the service there and the food was ridiculously good.

Has anyone done solo dinner at Narcoossee's? Thoughts?

I dined solo at Narcoose's once. I thought it was fine, but by now, I've taken so many solo trips and dined solo at so many places, I'm comfortable almost anywhere. My server was from Maine, and since I'm a former Massachusetts person who misses New England lots, we had a nice time. One thing I've found almost everywhere is that when I dine solo, the servers tend to be extra nice and chatty with me.

Has anyone done solo dinner at Narcoossee's? Thoughts?

Yes, loved it and would go back. Good food and service and it felt more relaxed/less formal than some signatures.

Answering the OP, I've eaten lots of places solo and been perfectly happy and comfortable. I will say, I have never eaten at a bar or at a communal seating place (Teppan Edo or Biergarten), and I've never eaten at a family-style meal solo (Ohana,,Garden Grill, etc). Personally, I would tend to avoid those, but I would go anywhere else that sounded appealing.

I love the Wave for any and all meals, food, service, atmosphere, can't go wrong. I also really like Hollywood Brown Derby, where you have been, for reference. Via Napoli is always a must-do for me.

My character meal reference is Tusker House breakfast. Good food and selection, classic characters, and you will not be the only adult there. I was seated at a table next to the table of an adult couple. A CM character handler came around before the characters started and engaged us in conversation and offered to take picture for all of us. After the first 2 characters, he had to move on, but since he had broken the ice, my table neighbors and I offered to take pics for each other and did so. It was a nice experience.

Actually I agree-I found Sci Fi a great place for a solo diner without much solo dining experience. First, it's dark, so no one notices that you're there by yourself. You sit there eating your food while there's a movie screen in front of you. It gave me the feeling of sitting at home on the living room couch, watching TV while I ate by myself. I bet lots of people have done that. Great suggestion!
I agree with you guys! @mrswillson SciFi is a great restaurant for a solo traveller. I LOVE scifi alone....as stated by @Simba's Mom , nobody really notices youre alone because they're busy watching the screen. its great!

I think SciFi would be better alone than 50's to be honest. At 50's if you get a server that "plays the part" then you'll be drawing attention to yourself and to the fact that you're alone. ;) Personally i prefer the theme at SciFi over 50's anyway.

That is the summary of me! I am a really big foodie. I divide disney experiences into 3rds.

1. Food
  2. immersion
  3. customer service
Glad to meet another foodie! We should plan a date for later this year or early next year for disboard food enthusiasts to go!
@HooplaFan @RajunCajun im also a huge foodie!! This is why I go to F&W every year. :) I love disney food just as much as the experience/park as a whole. Dining at disney is half the fun!

I agree with you guys! @mrswillson SciFi is a great restaurant for a solo traveller. I LOVE scifi alone....as stated by @Simba's Mom , nobody really notices youre alone because they're busy watching the screen. its great!

I think SciFi would be better alone than 50's to be honest. At 50's if you get a server that "plays the part" then you'll be drawing attention to yourself and to the fact that you're alone. ;) Personally i prefer the theme at SciFi over 50's anyway.

I like the setting for scifi, but the food has been underwhelming the times that I have been there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!