favorite shampoo

I started using Tresemme Thick and Full formula shampoo and conditioner a couple months ago, and I love it. My thin hair has a lot more body and fullness. I have fine hair that is thinning because of medications, and this stuff makes it feel so much fuller, like it used to feel.

I usually let my hair air dry, but when I blow dry it, this stuff really makes it full.

My hair is wavy, but I use a flat iron on it. My other go-to product is Living Proof Prime Style Extender, bought at Ulta. A little bit of this in my hair after I get out of the shower, and I can go several days between washings. The Tresemme fullness lasts, combined with this.

Thanks. I will look into the Living Proof Prime Style Extender too.

Just as an fyi...if you buy products like shampoo/conditioner at Beauty Brands and do not like them they let you return them...thinking maybe Ulta will do this too, anyone know about Ulta?

I use OGX Lavender Shampoo & Conditioner for color treated hair. My hair is not only color treated, but has a natural wave which tends to be frizzy whether I go more natural or blow dry it out. I think a product that specifically tames frizz is a good idea.

I use OGX Lavender Shampoo & Conditioner for color treated hair. My hair is not only color treated, but has a natural wave which tends to be frizzy whether I go more natural or blow dry it out. I think a product that specifically tames frizz is a good idea.

Love this shampoo! I have fine hair with a natural wave that's a bit dry/can frizz a touch, mostly from color processing. I also really like Pureology and the Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser shampoo, conditioner and reconstructing butter.

I have baby fine hair and a lot of it. It's pretty straight with a slight wave. Its easily a puff ball if I start using different products.
Currently my hair is short but short or long I still like the same thing.
Pantene "smooth and sleek".
It makes my hair so soft and shiny and cuts out the frizz.
After my hairdresser bleached my hair and I came in the next time she was freaking out on me about how dang healthy it was and asked what I had been suing.
I told her what I always use and after I told her what it was she suddenly started freaking out saying how bad those cheap drugstore brands are.
I don't know clearly its not that bad since a minute prior to she was amazed with my healthy hair so... I'm sticking to it.
Besides one time after she did a fashion color on me she gave me a specific shampoo and conditioner to use and it gave me huge pimples in my hairline that wouldn't go away until I started using my normal shampoo and conditioner.

I have baby fine hair and a lot of it. It's pretty straight with a slight wave. Its easily a puff ball if I start using different products.
Currently my hair is short but short or long I still like the same thing.
Pantene "smooth and sleek".
It makes my hair so soft and shiny and cuts out the frizz.
After my hairdresser bleached my hair and I came in the next time she was freaking out on me about how dang healthy it was and asked what I had been suing.
I told her what I always use and after I told her what it was she suddenly started freaking out saying how bad those cheap drugstore brands are.
I don't know clearly its not that bad since a minute prior to she was amazed with my healthy hair so... I'm sticking to it.
Besides one time after she did a fashion color on me she gave me a specific shampoo and conditioner to use and it gave me huge pimples in my hairline that wouldn't go away until I started using my normal shampoo and conditioner.

In this case, as I usually believe, more expensive product is not always better.

My favorite is Fekkai, I love it, I find it's a thicker formula, so I don't have to use very much, plus I basically only shampoo my scalp and just like the rest wash over my hair, I only use one product, so I don't really worry about product build up on the strands

My second favorite is Paul Mitchell Awapui, or Shampoo One.

Lastly, I love getting the bars from the Basin shop at Disney Springs or Grand Floridian. My favorite is the yellow (lemon?)

My favorite is Fekkai, I love it, I find it's a thicker formula, so I don't have to use very much, plus I basically only shampoo my scalp and just like the rest wash over my hair, I only use one product, so I don't really worry about product build up on the strands

Lastly, I love getting the bars from the Basin shop at Disney Springs or Grand Floridian. My favorite is the yellow (lemon?)
Yes that yellow shampoo bar from Basin is awesome!!

So, you all are going to think I'm crazy but Pert Plus.... I use all kinds of expensive shampoos, I've even bought the stuff that my hair dresser recommended for nearly $100. Well, my fiancé uses pert plus and one day I ran out of shampoo so I used his and my hair felt and looked amazing! I thought it might just be that I had been using one brand of shampoo too long and it's always good to switch every so often to get rid of any buildup. So I tried it a few more times and every single time my hair turned out amazing. So, I've stopped buying the expensive stuff and just use Pert Plus!

I like Redken Beach Volume shampoo or Redken High Rise Shampoo

VERB Ghost Shampoo or Verb Volume Shampoo

Very expensive but very good is Alterna Moisturizing Shampoo.

Al of these you do not need a lot of product.

I have used Fekkai - used to love it, now not so much.

Giovanni - the creamy pearl shampoo is my favorite. I also like the volumizing conditioner, or Tea Tree.

Does it actually smell like tea tree oil?

It smells like peppermint. I hate tea tree oil smell and it also can get my allergies going, but I like the smell of the Paul Mitchell shampoo and my 12 year old DD loves the smell. I thought the first time we each tried it our hair seemed a little frizzy, but after that first time when we tried it a second time, our hair did great and there was no frizz. She really likes that shampoo. Judging from the shelves at the store- a lot of people seem to use it. There is a big section of it at the store we go too and the shelf is rarely full.

We have currently been experimenting. We had been using Color Proof for probably the last couple of years (switching between the moisture and the volume types) which I really like as it keeps my highlights from fading and which was doing really well with DD's hair even though she does not use color-- but DD's hair suddenly started looking oily or greasy pretty quick after washing. I'm talking even the same day she washed her hair, it would look really greasy by that night and she certainly couldn't go every other day like usual. Probably hormones, but we have been looking for something that fixed that issue and in researching the most common recommendations were the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Oil and Pureology (the Hydrate or the Clean Volume). The Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Oil seems to help with that quite a bit. I also noted that my hair felt a lot lighter when I switched, so there must have been a lot of build-up. I do still really like the Color Proof for myself though- but I will remember to use a different shampoo for a day or two every few weeks. It is high priced too- so I am now debating whether it is worth it after trying some other brands.

We also tried the Pureology Hydrate and it smells terrible. The scent is extremely strong. Unfortunately, both of us agreed that our hair did absolutely fantastic with that shampoo, but I couldn't stand to use it a second time. DD did as the smell didn't bother her that badly- but DH couldn't take the smell coming from her head and told her to find something else. It was absolutely the best as her hair did not even look remotely greasy or oily 2 days after she washed it, but the smell was a deal breaker. If you don't mind the smell of that one, it really was a great shampoo. Really had to think about whether the way the hair looked and felt might be worth dealing with the smell. I'd like to find one that works just like it, but without the smell.

Neither of us was a fan of the Pureology clean volume. I was surprised at how completely different it was from the Pureology Hydrate. The shampoo doesn't lather at all, and the conditioner is so thick it barely comes out of the bottle. The smell of that one wasn't bad- but it seemed to bother my allergies worse than the stinky one. I sneezed quite a bit after using it and my eyes were burning and watering. Wasn't thrilled with how our hair looked with that one either . Funny at how much difference a shampoo can really make in how your hair turns out.

I would suggest whatever you decide to try that if it is the more expensive brands that you see if you can get the travel sized bottles first. Unfortunately, we made the mistake of buying the full sized expensive Pureology Hydrate and now are stuck with a very expensive bottle of stinky shampoo that DH does not want us to use.

If anyone else has any idea for ones that are good at preventing oil and grease (especially for pre-teen/teens), I'd love to hear those.

I bought trial size Nexxus and really like it so next time I go to Costco I will get it there. Thanks everyone!

I just found my new love at CVS.... Maui moisture...no sulfates,chock full of natural moisturizing product and smells TOO good! As I get older I'm pretty much using all natural products that are highly nourishing only....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter