Favorite newer Disney Springs restaurants

goofy4wdw2

DIS Veteran
What are your favorite Disney Springs restaurants that have opened in the past year or two? Sit down or counter service. Thanks!

We recently ate at Homecomin and it was AMAZING. Frontera Cocina is also excellent.

Had burgers at D-Luxe Burgers. They were fun, messy burgers, but not sure I'd be back again. The root beer float might be worth it, though.

Splitsville - we really loved this place. Varied menu, and everyone liked there meals. It is loud here, but if you are up for it, give it a try.

Raglan Road, I hear is excellent. Cannot wait to give it a try. My favorite is House of Blues (I know, it has been there a while), the shrimp & grits are awesome!!!!

Splitsville is good. We've been a few times and are always surprised that the restaurant area isn't more crowded.

The Boathouse - GOOD: service, location, ambiance, and food largely superior (big fan of the beef carpaccio)
Morimoto Asia - GOOD: again, mostly excellent food and quality service--try the buri bop
Vivoli il Gelato - GOOD: Gelato. Need I say more (dessert)
Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar - GOOD: excellent selection of drinks and wines; haven't tried the menu but it looks decent
Art Smith's Homecoming - FAIR: I'm a southern born/raised man. Don't like sweetness on my chicken (never had that growing up in MS or LA); the mashed potatoes were okay except contained bacon which is totally unnecessary for a good mash, and the gravy was gluey. Salad was wilted and loaded with dressing rather than crisp and on the side or lightly dressed. I don't doubt Art Smith's pedigree, and the food wasn't awful, but the execution was only average.
Paddlefish - DON'T BOTHER: poor host/hostess interaction (it's a common theme if you look them up on rating sites), just average service, and very inconsistent food (lobster corn dogs were excellent, grilled octopus was uneven, crab ceviche was terrible). These are not uncommon critiques based on my research, so given that you'll pay Signature prices, I'd avoid it.

Last edited:

Another vote for Frontera Cocina - we had a fabulous meal, and the drinks and atmosphere were wonderful as well. We also had a really great server!

Chef Arts Homecomin' definitely has to be one of my favorite restaurants ever. The food is beyond delicious. The portion sizes here are awesome too (I'm a girl that can really eat so that's important to me). I'm also a born and raised southern girl, so I can truly say that this is true southern, comfort food.

Raglan Road is also a favorite, but it has been over there for years. The Irish cuisine is authentic and very, very good. The Irish dancer and musician entertainment is also amazing; never gets old. The food and entertainment aspect is really cool.

We have eatan at Boathouse 2 years in a row (this year and last) and found it to be fantastic both times.

We went to Paddlefish and it was very good, although people seem to have very mixed experiences there. But we have zero complaints about our food or service there. Would definitely return but given an edge to Boathouse.

We're hoping to try Homecomin' and Frontera on our next trip (which sadly probably won't be 'till 2019).

We loved the Boathouse for a nice steak and sit down meal and for a quick, nice walk up late night or anytime really we enjoyed Blaze.

The Boathouse - GOOD: service, location, ambiance, and food largely superior (big fan of the beef carpaccio)
Morimoto Asia - GOOD: again, mostly excellent food and quality service--try the buri bop
Vivoli il Gelato - GOOD: Gelato. Need I say more (dessert)
Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar - GOOD: excellent selection of drinks and wines; haven't tried the menu but it looks decent
Art Smith's Homecoming - FAIR: I'm a southern born/raised man. Don't like sweetness on my chicken (never had that growing up in MS or LA); the mashed potatoes were okay except contained bacon which is totally unnecessary for a good mash, and the gravy was gluey. Salad was wilted and loaded with dressing rather than crisp and on the side or lightly dressed. I don't doubt Art Smith's pedigree, and the food wasn't awful, but the execution was only average.
Paddlefish - DON'T BOTHER: poor host/hostess interaction (it's a common theme if you look them up on rating sites), just average service, and very inconsistent food (lobster corn dogs were excellent, grilled octopus was uneven, crab ceviche was terrible). These are not uncommon critiques based on my research, so given that you'll pay Signature prices, I'd avoid it.

I agree on Art Smith's. I'm from SC and my friend from Tenn, and neither one of us cared for it. I went for the fried green tomatoes and they were not good at all IMO and she got the barbeque and had to send it back. She said it was not like any bbq she'd ever tasted and she couldn't eat it. I got the fried chicken sliders and there was nothing familiar and Southern about them. It was a spin on Southern cooking at best.

I agree on Art Smith's. I'm from SC and my friend from Tenn, and neither one of us cared for it. I went for the fried green tomatoes and they were not good at all IMO and she got the barbeque and had to send it back. She said it was not like any bbq she'd ever tasted and she couldn't eat it. I got the fried chicken sliders and there was nothing familiar and Southern about them. It was a spin on Southern cooking at best.

I'm reluctant to try Homecomin' for the same reason. I just don't think anyone could compete with my Mississippi Memaw's fried chicken or chicken and dumplings or greens or.... Her chicken was raised in the yard, free range before there was such a thing. No moonshine cake though, Memaw was a tee-totaling Baptist.

I'm reluctant to try Homecomin' for the same reason. I just don't think anyone could compete with my Mississippi Memaw's fried chicken or chicken and dumplings or greens or.... Her chicken was raised in the yard, free range before there was such a thing. No moonshine cake though, Memaw was a tee-totaling Baptist.

I do realize that southern cooking varies from state to state, county to county, and even home to home. Much like other foods, there is usually no one way to cook any particular dish. When someone says "authentic Italian," that could mean any number of regions, each with its own take. Thus it is with southern cooking. I didn't grow up thinking syrup, honey, or confectioner's sugar had anything to do with fried chicken. Donuts? Yes. Batter on chicken (or fish)? No. However, I'm sure many folks did. Our mashed potatoes were creamy and didn't need bacon since that's what scratch gravy is for. Our deviled eggs were piquant since we put a healthy dose of mustard in along with mayo and either relish or chow-chow. Art Smith's deviled eggs were good but inconsistent. Of the six eggs, two were close to the zest level I enjoy while the other four bordered on bland. However, I live in an area where bland deviled eggs are the norm.

My overall point is that this was an okay restaurant for us, certainly the food wasn't inedible, and in fact, I ate most of it. Still, it wasn't the food from my youth nor my adulthood, for that matter. So, I merely caution those going that while you may love it--as many do--you might also find it an experience in average to above average food for near signature prices. I will say my Basil Smash drink was superb!

We love Morimoti Asia. Each time we've gone we have tried something new and it's always phenominal.

Omg, I LOVE this response!:rotfl2: We are from the Northeast, and are trying Homecoming for our December trip. I have Zero expertise on fried chicken, so I'm sure we will love it! That being said, being from the Philly area, we would never dream of getting a Cheesesteak anywhere else but here! I completely understand how the Southerners are feeling about Homecoming.

hahaha! Mine too! Yep, I've lived in SC most of my life, but also Oxford Mississippi and Virginia and I don't think Southern food varies in the way it's made too much. Crisco and fatback....that's about the extent of it. lol I would call this restaurant "upscale Southern". I tried Paula Deen's in Tenn, and found it to be the same as Art Smith's. Good, but not home cooking. You have to hit a hole in the wall place for real deal!

Had burgers at D-Luxe Burgers. They were fun, messy burgers, but not sure I'd be back again. The root beer float might be worth it, though.

Splitsville - we really loved this place. Varied menu, and everyone liked there meals. It is loud here, but if you are up for it, give it a try.

Splitsville is good. We've been a few times and are always surprised that the restaurant area isn't more crowded.

Splitsville is a fantastic option...love the food and vibe. I am always shocked, too, that there aren't more people there.

We are trying Boathouse next week; hope to love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter