Favorite Activities at the Fort

Bigcheeseesq

Earning My Ears
Besides the Parks, I don't want to leave the Fort while we are there since this may be the only trip with our MH.

What are the best things to do? The Archery class, wagon ride?

What else?

What is worth the money? What is not.

Of course we will check out the campfire and pools.

I did the Segway off road tour about a year ago and it was great fun. Mind you, I had never been on a Segway before so that may have influenced my level of fun! :)

Canoe rental is fun. You could bring a fishing pole and fish from the canal banks. Surrey bike rental. The Segway tour is a blast.

Not all activities cost money.

We like to see the horses in the Horse Barn at the Tri Circle D ranch down near Pioneer Hall. We frequently see them getting bathed, fed, shod, or other plus you can watch the pony rides for the little kids.

We like to sit on the porch of Trails End with an adult beverage with our feet up on the railing any time of day watching the world go by.

We like to walk the old Fort Wilderness Railroad route through the woods and sidewalks and visit the old section of track still left deep in the woods.

We like to walk the paved Exercise Trail (wide paved concrete) the mile to Wilderness Lodge to get a snack or ice cream and then boat back.

I am not a fisherman but I hear it's fun for some. :rolleyes:

We like to go looping (walking/biking/golf carting) around the various loops checking out other peoples' rigs, setups, decorations, etc.

Bama Ed

Campfire with Chip & Dale is a must. Looping and meeting other campers is always a good time, but as Bama Ed said, can't beat feet up on the railing on the porch at Trails End with an adult beverage:thumbsup2:drinking1

We like to rent a boat - either the small Sea Raycers or the larger pontoon boats at the marina. Yes, they cost $$, but I always thought the price has been worth it.

Besides the Parks, I don't want to leave the Fort while we are there since this may be the only trip with our MH.

What else?

Of course we will check out the campfire and pools.
We enjoyed renting a bicycle to bike around the Fort, and it didn't cost very much.

. . . meeting the other campers in the adjacent campsites within your "loop"
. . . Chip-n-Dale Campfire and sing-along
. . . Hoop-Dee-Do-Review dinner show
. . . sitting on porch and people-watching (like bama-ed mentioned)
. . . renting a boat for the lake or a canoe for the stream
. . . biking (your own or rented at The Fort) through the "loops", looking at the campsites of others, and talking to the other campers
. . . pools and pool gamesg
. . . wagon ride can be fun, based upon the other guests who are on the ride
. . . horseback riding is very boring as the pace s slow and the horses know the trail too well

. . . at The Fort, nothing is really over-priced (except buying beer and soda at the store)

NOTE:
I admit to being biased in favor of The Fort, and it my favorite resort at which to work.
The guests are so friendly, and you make life-long friends!
Some people meet throughout the year at other camping areas/locations in the country (in addition to The Fort).

Last edited:
Seeing other people's setups (looping)

Squirrel watching

People watching from the porch at TE

Fireworks on beach

My girls did the horseback riding and really liked it

My favorite: Early morning, coffee in hand, walking around the Fort. Quiet as can be, animals moving all around.

Except the 2000 loop, which is usually in full rampage mode. (Sorry @snowmedic )

Except the 2000 loop, which is usually in full rampage mode. (Sorry @snowmedic )

That's alright. That is the main reason we switched to the full hook-up sites. I took the cart looping earlier this year and it did not change.

The early morning walks is always nice to do at the Fort. Listening to the boat whistles, and just watching the CM's getting ready for the day.

Love this thread! We're going in January and not planning on leaving the Fort so these ideas are great.

Question: How early should you get in line for the 8:30PM wagon ride?

Love this thread! We're going in January and not planning on leaving the Fort so these ideas are great.

Shelly, for an 830pm ride I don't think there would be a big crowd. Plus it's a big wagon.

That's just my humble opinion.

Bama Ed

I agree, about an 8PM arrival should be good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter