Fastpass time limit?

roserae

Mouseketeer
What is, if any, the minimal delay on a fast pass? When is it worthwhile to stand in line vs. getting a fastpass? Will a fast pass ever say to come back in 30 minutes, or will it always say 1 or 2 or more hours? Do you know what the fast pass return time is before you take the ticket? Thanks for any help.

Hi, roserae! Fastpass can be kind of confusing at first, but it is a really great system, so you'll definitely want to take advantage of it.

Here's how it works:

Some attractions throughout the parks are designated fastpass attractions. This means you have the option of either waiting in line or getting a fastpass and coming back during your designated time window (about an hour) for a usually minimal wait. You get a fastpass by inserting your park ticket in the attraction's fastpass machine, which is usually located near the entrance of the ride (if you can't find it, ask a CM). You may only hold one a fastpass ticket for one attraction at a time.

Usually come back times are an hour or more after you get your fastpass. Times are posted above the machines and printed on the fastpasses, so you'll always know when you should be back. If an attraction has a short return time, that means the line is probably also short, so you should go ahead and ride.

Fastpasses for the more popular attractions sometimes run out, so you should get one early if you plan to take advantage of fastpass. If you end up getting a fastpass that isn't valid for several hours, you will be able to get another pass for a different attraction. For example, if you get a fastpass for Splash Mountain at 4 p.m., but your window doesn't start till 8:30 p.m., you'll be able to get a fastpass for another attraction around 6:00 p.m.

I know it sounds kind of confusing, but it will all make sense when you get there. Good luck!

Disnee Dad Says................................Always grab a FP, when you can. Sometimes the return times are less than 40 minutes. FP is never a bad idea.

I'm confused!!!

For example, if you get a fastpass for Splash Mountain at 4 p.m., but your window doesn't start till 8:30 p.m., you'll be able to get a fastpass for another attraction around 6:00 p.m.

I havn't been back to WDW for quite a bit, but i thought when the fastpass system was introduced, each pass holder was only allowed to hold one fastpass at a time???

Thus, preventing people abusing the Fastpass privelidge (eg, holding Fastpasses for about ten attractions at any one time)

Has, and when did the rule change ???

Carene

Has, and when did the rule change ???

I think the rule has changed a couple of times. Initially, it was when your window hit that you could get another one. Then it was two hours from your last fastpass, or your last fastpass window. A couple of months ago, it was changed so that you could get one 45 minutes from the time you got your last fastpass, or your last fastpass window.

If you look above the Fastpass kiosks, there's a board that will say Return Time. That's when you'll need to be back if you get a Fastpass.

I had return times that were within a half hour of my getting the Fastpass in January. But if you go in low season, Fastpass might not even be available. It was for all the Fantasyland rides, but the major E-Tickets (with the exception of Big Thunder) all were closed. But that's good!!! It means the lines are short to begin with.

On a trip this past New Year's we were holding three Fast Passes at one time on an early entry morning at MGM. You can get another at 5 minutes past the start time of your most current fast pass.

HBC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter