FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two RO Stays. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second stay (and potentially beyond). This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

I apologize because I'm sure this has been asked but please help me understand for my dates. I'd like to book the campgrounds from Oct 28th-Nov 2nd. For now, I can not find availability for Oct 31st. But if we stay offsite the 31st, we still would get fastpass+ for the entire time from 28th-Nov 2nd IF I book campground 28th-31st and not stay the 31st but then book again the 1st-2nd? So these would be Room only reservations and we would have tickets linked through UT.

Thank you for the help!!

But if we stay offsite the 31st, we still would get fastpass+ for the entire time from 28th-Nov 2nd IF I book campground 28th-31st and not stay the 31st but then book again the 1st-2nd?
Yes because Stay#1 meets up with Stay#2, you’ll be able to book for all park days.

Oct. 31st is full because only campground guests can take part in the Halloween activities on that day. Anyone without a reservation there gets turned away.

Yes because Stay#1 meets up with Stay#2, you’ll be able to book for all park days.

Oct. 31st is full because only campground guests can take part in the Halloween activities on that day. Anyone without a reservation there gets turned away.

Oh, that makes sense why it's full! I couldn't figure it out and the CM's couldn't help me out either.

Thank you for the split stay answer too! i'm sure you've answered it a ton of times!

I have one more question, somewhere I read that I can book fastpass+ 60 days out for family/friends who are staying offsite IF I'm staying onsite if they have their tickets linked to my MDE account. I thought I read that somewhere but I can't find it now, so not sure if I made that up! :)

I have one more question, somewhere I read that I can book fastpass+ 60 days out for family/friends who are staying offsite IF I'm staying onsite if they have their tickets linked to my MDE account. I thought I read that somewhere but I can't find it now, so not sure if I made that up! :)

From post #3 of this thread:

Offsite Guests - 30 Days Before Park Day:
  • Guests not staying at any of the resorts listed above, but with tickets linked to an MDX account. Note: If offsite guests are linked to or listed on accounts of onsite guests above, they share the onsite guests' booking window of 60 days.

From post #3 of this thread:

Offsite Guests - 30 Days Before Park Day:
  • Guests not staying at any of the resorts listed above, but with tickets linked to an MDX account. Note: If offsite guests are linked to or listed on accounts of onsite guests above, they share the onsite guests' booking window of 60 days.
Thank you!! :)

Hi! My apologies if this has been asked and answered -we're planning on going on a 7 day cruise and staying onsite one night before and one night after...this isn't considered a split stay rather 2 separate reservations? It will be room only but I want to buy a one day ticket for the day we return...will I be able to book the fast pass with the first hotel night stay even though I won't use the park ticket until 8 days later?
Thanks!

Hi! My apologies if this has been asked and answered -we're planning on going on a 7 day cruise and staying onsite one night before and one night after...this isn't considered a split stay rather 2 separate reservations? It will be room only but I want to buy a one day ticket for the day we return...will I be able to book the fast pass with the first hotel night stay even though I won't use the park ticket until 8 days later?
Thanks!
You’re correct in that it is 2 separate stays.

So, 60 days out from your check-in date for Stay#2 is when you can book for that one park day. :)

You’re correct in that it is 2 separate stays.

So, 60 days out from your check-in date for Stay#2 is when you can book for that one park day. :)
...was hoping for the extra days since I want an a FP for FOP and they are not available at exactly 60 days out..that will be my only park day :(
Thank you!!!

Hi! I read on here about the "umbrella" strategy where guests with an earlier booking window can book FPs for guests with a later booking window. Can this be used when the later window is associated with a package reservation?

Kind of a long story - we are going to Disney with some friends, but they are arriving about 6 days after we do, so our FP window opens before theirs does. Their reservation is a package. My 60 day window opens tomorrow, but I went on MDE today and our trip dates were "blue" as if they could be selected for FPs (I've ALSO read on here that sometimes the FP window opens a day early when you have two onsite reservations relatively close in time to each other - which is the case for us here. I've had that happen before, so I thought maybe that was happening again).

When I tried to umbrella over my friends who have a package, I got this message:

"To continue, please address the issues that apply to these Guests.
Have a vacation package? Looks like you're early. Please come back 60 days prior to check-in.
Resort reservation within the next 60 days? Check that it's linked to your account.
Theme park tickets? You need to link them to your account
No theme park tickets? Purchase admission to start making FastPass selections
Child under age 3? No ticket or FastPass is needed."

Obviously the first question - about a vacation package - got me nervous. I'm hoping it's a glitch given my FP day should *really* be tomorrow, and that tomorrow things will go smoothly, but in the meantime I wanted to check here to see if anyone has ever successfully used the umbrella strategy over friends with a package booked.

Thanks!!

Thanks for this thread and I’m sure it’s been asked but we have a trip planned may 27-June 3. And I know it’s been rumored that toy story land might open memorial weekend. Will we be able to make fastpasses 60 days in advance for the rides there? Didn’t know how that worked, if we have to wait in line or if there’s a certain amount of days before hand that we can make them?

Thanks for this thread and I’m sure it’s been asked but we have a trip planned may 27-June 3. And I know it’s been rumored that toy story land might open memorial weekend. Will we be able to make fastpasses 60 days in advance for the rides there? Didn’t know how that worked, if we have to wait in line or if there’s a certain amount of days before hand that we can make them?

Short answer is no one knows. From Post #10:

- Similarly, FPs for any new attraction may or may not be available to schedule once Disney announces the attraction’s opening date. FPs may not be released for a new attraction until just days before or even after the attraction is open. Guests wishing to schedule FPs for new attractions will need to remain vigilant once their booking windows open, and can assume that these attractions will be very popular FP choices.

We will be using park hoppers. We will have one full day and a partial morning at AK. Our priority will be to get FOP and Navi River FP - one for each AK day. My question is -- on our partial AK day will have breakfast at tusker house then hit one of the FP Pandora rides and then leave the park.

We will be going to MK later in the evening -- I am guessing that i need to book essentially 2 other AK FP even if we won't use them so that it will free up being able to book a FP at MK later in the day. I feel bad booking FP when we likely won't use them, but i guess there really is no other option.

We will be using park hoppers. We will have one full day and a partial morning at AK. Our priority will be to get FOP and Navi River FP - one for each AK day. My question is -- on our partial AK day will have breakfast at tusker house then hit one of the FP Pandora rides and then leave the park.

We will be going to MK later in the evening -- I am guessing that i need to book essentially 2 other AK FP even if we won't use them so that it will free up being able to book a FP at MK later in the day. I feel bad booking FP when we likely won't use them, but i guess there really is no other option.
Not so. Just book your 1 AK FP and once you tap it you can start looking to add FP's for MK.

As @JETSDAD explained, you don’t have to pre-book 3 FPs if park hopping. More tips are here:
FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Checking Availability; Park Hopping; Additional Tier 1 Booking; FPs for Long Stays

Today was my 60 day booking window. I checked yesterday and it let me book fp. So that was 61 days beore. I have an ap and a short 3 day trip onsite in Feb. Im afraid there was a glitch and my fp will go poof somehow. Has this happened to anyone before? Does the feb trip have any impact on my marcg trip? I dont know if i should call to make sure they are really there.

Today was my 60 day booking window. I checked yesterday and it let me book fp. So that was 61 days beore. I have an ap and a short 3 day trip onsite in Feb. Im afraid there was a glitch and my fp will go poof somehow. Has this happened to anyone before? Does the feb trip have any impact on my marcg trip? I dont know if i should call to make sure they are really there.
Not a glitch at all, so don’t worry. :)

It’s because of the rolling window from your February stay rolling up to your March stay. When the rolling window rolls to the day before your “new” window, the new window opens.

Looking to book onsite for Dec. 25 to 28 buying a 7 day ticket with our resort and moving off property afterward. I’ve read about split stays which this is not. So what happens as far as making fast passes after we check out?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter