FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told my husband after I switched it back (he was one of the two switched to FoP) and he was like WTH, why take it away from me?! I was like hey, if I can't ride, you can't ride :sad: We don't have plans to wait standby or rope drop. With a group of 11 and seeing those stampede pictures of rope drop with a strategy seemingly necessary, we'll probably pass. If the kids can last until closing, we'll probably jump in at the end if the kids don't lose their minds waiting too long. This is my first wdw trip and who knows when I'll be back, that makes me hate to miss it.
Would you be able to take a break in the afternoon and then come back later? I think RD looks horrible! We were lucky to get a FP for it, but if we didn't I would wait until near close.

Would you be able to take a break in the afternoon and then come back later? I think RD looks horrible! We were lucky to get a FP for it, but if we didn't I would wait until near close.

Hoping to avoid a break as we're off site and the house is about 10 miles away. I'm glad we agree on that rope drop, I saw a picture and was like NOPE, I can't.

@nicolispicoli , you mentioned you’re a group of 11 with half of them being small kids. Are all of the children tall enough to ride FoP? If not, are you familiar with Rider Swap?

I am familiar with child swap, but all of them are tall enough except one infant. That could have helped us out in getting less if they were smaller and we could have used CS. I wish our trip had been a little longer, then we could have probably gotten them at 64 days even with our group size. There was not a single one to be had 61 days out :guilty:

If you buy tickets at the door, is there any way to link to a MDE while there or are you stuck with the kiosks? The app makes same day FP so much easier, so I'm trying to see if this is an option.

If you buy tickets at the door, is there any way to link to a MDE while there or are you stuck with the kiosks? The app makes same day FP so much easier, so I'm trying to see if this is an option.
The ticket number gets linked to the Profile via the MagicBands and Cards area of the MDX account.

Your brother can buy the ticket for your Dad now via his MDX account and pre-book FPs. At the ticket window, all he has to do is ask for a plastic ticket card to be linked up to use for park entry and FP lines.

The ticket number gets linked to the Profile via the MagicBands and Cards area of the MDX account.

Your brother can buy the ticket for your Dad now via his MDX account and pre-book FPs. At the ticket window, all he has to do is ask for a plastic ticket card to be linked up to use for park entry and FP lines.
Thanks again, Hiro! I have always had everything all planned out, so this really threw me for a loop and I book everything for everyone in my family, so I want to help them make ths most of their one day at EPCOT. S they can buy a ticket online link it to MDE and get hard tickets at the door. Awesome! You seriously are the best and a huge help! Thanks again.

Thanks again, Hiro! I have always had everything all planned out, so this really threw me for a loop and I book everything for everyone in my family, so I want to help them make ths most of their one day at EPCOT. S they can buy a ticket online link it to MDE and get hard tickets at the door. Awesome! You seriously are the best and a huge help! Thanks again.
You’re welcome! Glad I could help and hope they have a nice “guys’ day!”

I thought I read that the consensus is that Disney doesn't hold batches of FP for certain groups or dates out, etc.

That said, we did our FP at 60 days out and couldn't get FoP for 61 days, we weren't surprised. I've been watching to modify with no luck. I noticed I still had the 30 days out noted on my calendar for tomorrow. Is there any reason to believe any amount of FP would be released for people booking 30 days out? It doesn't really work like that, correct? Since they're already gone, there would be no reason to believe anything more than random ones would pop up for people booking 30 days out or less?

I thought I read that the consensus is that Disney doesn't hold batches of FP for certain groups or dates out, etc.

That said, we did our FP at 60 days out and couldn't get FoP for 61 days, we weren't surprised. I've been watching to modify with no luck. I noticed I still had the 30 days out noted on my calendar for tomorrow. Is there any reason to believe any amount of FP would be released for people booking 30 days out? It doesn't really work like that, correct? Since they're already gone, there would be no reason to believe anything more than random ones would pop up for people booking 30 days out or less?
I'd keep checking, there have been lots appearing yesterday and today for the first half of February, and there are still lots available on the 18th. So it might be new ones pop up beyond that, but not necessarily right at the 30 day mark

30+ days is usually when people with speculative booking drop the reservations, so it is possible their FPs dropped as well. But from reports it also seemed like they just dumped more slots into the system, perhaps as the lines became more manageable.

I've been doing some research and have been a bit confused with what I have read, apologies being a first timer to all this. I'm planning a trip for my family this summer (wife and daughter, 2) We will be staying on a Disney property for 3 nights then an off-site property for 6 nights. We are planning on getting tickets for 6 days. What does the 'rolling 60' days mean that I've been seeing. On the Disney website it says I can only book fast pass until my checkout date. Does that mean we will will not be able to schedule fast pass until 30 days out for the non property days? Does this change if I reserve the room, then get the tickets separately as opposed to altogether in the package on the Disney site?

Also, will my daughter receive a magic band and do I have reserve fast pass for her? Lastly, will the magic band work during the length of our off property stay (minus the obvious perks).

Much appreciated and sorry if my q's have all been answered in this thread! First timer and excited for the trip!

What does the 'rolling 60' days mean that I've been seeing.
Your FP booking window opens and includes all onsite park days.

Then, beginning with your 1st offsite park day, you can book FPs exactly 60 days out from that specific park day. It continues in that manner for any other offsite park days because the open booking window rolls/expands forward.

You’ll receive a MB for your daughter. It will open your room door and provides the link for PhotoPass photos when scanned - that’s about it because she doesn’t need a ticket.

And to add to that, she needs no FPs either. As an under 3yo, she can accompany anyone with a FP as long as she meets the height requirement.

If I have a MYW ticket for 9 days and plan to upgrade to an AP should I wait until day three of my trip to upgrade so the system won’t drop the last two days on my FPs since AP holders can only have 7 days worth if not staying on property?

If I have a MYW ticket for 9 days and plan to upgrade to an AP should I wait until day three of my trip to upgrade so the system won’t drop the last two days on my FPs since AP holders can only have 7 days worth if not staying on property?

Seems like a smart move to me.

I wonder if that’s worth a trip to guest services as the benefit of converting it on day one is the discounts (DLR in CA has a 10-15% off food- not sure about in Florida- the savings add up fast). Unless, of course, you would like the extra few days on your pass before its expiration.

Thank you so much! So it doesn't matter if I book the room separate from the tickets with the room?
Nope. You can actually save money by purchasing tickets through a 3rd party ticket vendor: ParkSavers, Official Ticket Center, and Boardwalk Ticketing are a few that are often discussed here on TPAS.

The onsite stay opens your booking window and any valid tickets allow you to book FPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!