FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a party of 4 adults with a spring trip planned. 2 of us are arriving on the 11th and the other 2 on the 12th. When it comes time to get the fastpasses, will my window open up first because I'm a day ahead? Or will I be able to book the fastpasses for all 4 of us? Thank you in advance.

We are a party of 4 adults with a spring trip planned. 2 of us are arriving on the 11th and the other 2 on the 12th. When it comes time to get the fastpasses, will my window open up first because I'm a day ahead? Or will I be able to book the fastpasses for all 4 of us? Thank you in advance.
If Party#2 has separately linked tickets - not a package - you’ll be able to book for them when your window opens.

If they have a package, their window opens a day later. Disney has been tweaking this scenario.

If Party#2 has separately linked tickets - not a package - you’ll be able to book for them when your window opens.

If they have a package, their window opens a day later. Disney has been tweaking this scenario.

I think it's considered a package. Our room was the Disney Visa discount room only plus tickets. Their reservation was Family Gift of Magic room and tickets. That sounds like a package. I see two ways of booking fastpasses here -
A - wait the extra day and book all 4
B - book our fastpasses on the first day, and on the second day try to get their fastpasses to match/overlap with ours

Which do you think is the better way? Thank you again.

@Moomduck1 - When your window opens, first check to see if you can select the Party#2 people.

If not, you can book yours and then Change Party the next day to include them in your FP selection. The problem with this is Change Party has to be done for each booked FP.

If you can’t select Party#2 when your window opens, waiting the one day will save you the hassle of updating each FP.

Which day in your trip is AK? If it’s day #5 you should be okay waiting for them.

@Moomduck1 - When your window opens, first check to see if you can select the Party#2 people.

If not, you can book yours and then Change Party the next day to include them in your FP selection. The problem with this is Change Party has to be done for each booked FP.

If you can’t select Party#2 when your window opens, waiting the one day will save you the hassle or updating each FP.

Which day in your trip is AK? If it’s day #5 you should be okay waiting for them.

I was going to start on our last day for AK (which would be day #7. I would have preferred it to be day #2, but I think that will be much harder.

I was going to start on our last day for AK (which would be day #7. I would have preferred it to be day #2, but I think that will be much harder.
You may be okay with booking everything for your family when your window opens and then looking for overlapping times when Party#2’s window opens. That’s better than Change Party.

I’m reviewing my touring plans and noticed that in most cases TP says there will be a 4-10 min wait with rides I have FP for. Is this accurate for SDMT or should I expect us to wait longer to get on the ride?

I’m reviewing my touring plans and noticed that in most cases TP says there will be a 4-10 min wait with rides I have FP for. Is this accurate for SDMT or should I expect us to wait longer to get on the ride?

The rule of thumb is 15-20 minutes maximum for any normally-operating attraction. In the case of 7DMT, it’s about half that.

The rule of thumb is 15-20 minutes maximum for any normally-operating attraction. In the case of 7DMT, it’s about half that.
Thanks. I'm trying to finalize touring plans as I recently realized DD will just miss the height requirement to ride SDMT (by 1"!!) so I'm trying to find another attraction for her and I to visit while DH and DS get to go on SDMT, but I want to make sure I'm accounting for proper wait times as I've read FOP can have a 20 min wait with FPs and saw TOT was having long FP waits too recently.

O.k. I read the first few posts but don't know if I fully understand how the fastpasses work for split stays so I am hoping mesaboy2 or someone can help. We are arriving in May of next year and will be staying offsite first arriving on May 25th. We will then move onsite to AS Music on June 1st. With that being said, I know we can start making fastpass selections 60 days prior to June 1st, but when that window opens am I able to book fastpasses for the dates we will be at the parks prior to June first? So, starting with the May 25th date? Or can we only book FP for June 1st and later? I hope this makes sense??? Thanks in advance for the help. jmoak

O.k. I read the first few posts but don't know if I fully understand how the fastpasses work for split stays so I am hoping mesaboy2 or someone can help. We are arriving in May of next year and will be staying offsite first arriving on May 25th. We will then move onsite to AS Music on June 1st. With that being said, I know we can start making fastpass selections 60 days prior to June 1st, but when that window opens am I able to book fastpasses for the dates we will be at the parks prior to June first? So, starting with the May 25th date? Or can we only book FP for June 1st and later? I hope this makes sense??? Thanks in advance for the help. jmoak

If you bought a room/ticket package, no. If you have a room reservation separate from tickets, yes.

Just an FYI: I've read reports from two people in the last week that had their FP booking window open before 7am. They aren't exactly sure when but I believe they were able to book around 2:30 or 3am...it may have been as late as 4am...but it was definitely before 7am. And both checked when they went to bed around midnight, but the window was not open at that time.

Any other reports?

Just an FYI: I've read reports from two people in the last week that had their FP booking window open before 7am. They aren't exactly sure when but I believe they were able to book around 2:30 or 3am...it may have been as late as 4am...but it was definitely before 7am. And both checked when they went to bed around midnight, but the window was not open at that time.

Any other reports?

I’ve seen similar reports for quite some time, and I think in most cases it came down to miscalculating the 60-day window (I’ve done it myself) or there were 2 trips involved—which complicates things even more than it already is.

I’ve seen similar reports for quite some time, and I think in most cases it came down to miscalculating the 60-day window (I’ve done it myself) or there were 2 trips involved—which complicates things even more than it already is.
It is definitely possible as I don't know all the details...but I do know that they both checked before going to bed and the window was not open.

If I by a ticket at the gate, do I need to set it up in some way to use fastpass, or can I just go to a kiosk and select fastpasses?

If I by a ticket at the gate, do I need to set it up in some way to use fastpass, or can I just go to a kiosk and select fastpasses?
You can use it at the kiosk. But, if you have your MDE account info set up, your tickets can be linked to your MDE account.

You can then book FP#4 while you are in the FP#3 line and so on. Saves you time from finding a kiosk to book single FPs after you use your initial 3 FPs.

*Tickets purchased online are discounted compared to the price you pay at a Ticket Window.

Is anyone else suddenly having problems booking FastPasses? They apparently did some kind of website upgrade last week and ever since I can't book any (using multiple different devices/platforms). It keeps telling me we've booked our limit for them ... on days when we have booked absolutely nothing. I tried chatting with them and also emailing but haven't had a resolution or any answer other than an upgrade was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!