FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not made any fastpasses as of yet, but I am already worried because I have a party of 8 to make fastpasses for during Christmas week. For the hard to get ones should I split my group in half? And if I do get 4 for a fastpass and cannot get the other 4, is there a way to try to add one fastpass at a time?

I've never had a group that big, but I would try splitting it 4 & 4, at least for the big rides like 7DMT and FOP.

You can add one FP at a time. You would just need to click on the person that still needs a FP and can select it that way.

I've never had a group that big, but I would try splitting it 4 & 4, at least for the big rides like 7DMT and FOP.

You can add one FP at a time. You would just need to click on the person that still needs a FP and can select it that way.
Thank you! I appreciate your reply and I will take your advice; fingers crossed!

Thank you! I appreciate your reply and I will take your advice; fingers crossed!
Just my 2 cents, but I'd try booking for all 8 from the start. The amount of time it will take you to keep changing your booking group will not be worth it. Put things like FOP and SDMT at the end of your trip and you should be fine. Only if you can't find something for the whole group would I start searching by smaller parties.

Just my 2 cents, but I'd try booking for all 8 from the start. The amount of time it will take you to keep changing your booking group will not be worth it. Put things like FOP and SDMT at the end of your trip and you should be fine. Only if you can't find something for the whole group would I start searching by smaller parties.
Much appreciated. I just wish there was a way to figure out if you get four fastpasses and need four more that you didn't have to eat up valuable time reducing 4 to 3 to 2 etc.. but all is good, it is vacation after all!

Much appreciated. I just wish there was a way to figure out if you get four fastpasses and need four more that you didn't have to eat up valuable time reducing 4 to 3 to 2 etc.. but all is good, it is vacation after all!
In that situation I usually find it's easier to book anything, then work to modify the FP 1 by 1. Much easier than changing your group size and re-starting the search.

In that situation I usually find it's easier to book anything, then work to modify the FP 1 by 1. Much easier than changing your group size and re-starting the search.
I guess that is what I am confused about. How do you modify a party of four fast passes to five?

I guess that is what I am confused about. How do you modify a party of four fast passes to five?
You will use the "change party" function to add people to the FP.

You can also book the original four for the FP that you want, then the next four for something else (assuming there is no availability for the original attraction once you've built and searched for your second group). Then go into the second FP and modify one at a time to times that overlap with yout first FP.

Last edited:

After having trouble booking FP online this morning, I called and had a CM book them for me. No problems for when my entire party will be present, but after some depart and only 4 of us remain, when he tried to book them, I recall him saying to himself "hmmm...okay...I'll have to do these this way instead...", and the remaining Fastpasses all look like this in my app when I click on the FP for more info. I'm confused about the marked pink part, and the bottom saying we each have 1/1 experience remaining (they all have this exactly the same.) Do I need to be concerned? It reads that Im not going to be able to adapt these at all, and the normal tabs to Edit/Modify are not there. Looks like another phone call?

View attachment 270673
I got these after my FP's were messed up and one person was excluded, and no availability was left on that ride. All it means is there was a system override to include the right number of guests.

You will use the "change party" function to add people to the FP.

You can also book the original four for the FP that you want, then the next four for something else (assuming there is no availability for the original attraction once you've built and searched for your second group). Then go into the second FP and modify one at a time to times that overlap with yout first FP.
Thank you! I truly didn't understand this. Now I do, and have practiced this.

I booked a FP+ for TT on our second Epcot day, but had forgotten about the single rider line. Is that line always open? We don't mind being separated for the ride. Maybe we should switch our FP for FEA or Soarin' instead? We will be rope dropping the park twice.

I booked a FP+ for TT on our second Epcot day, but had forgotten about the single rider line. Is that line always open? We don't mind being separated for the ride. Maybe we should switch our FP for FEA or Soarin' instead? We will be rope dropping the park twice.
I've never seen the single rider line closed for this ride. If you don't mind separating for the actual ride, I would recommend switching your tier 1 fast apss to FEA or Soarin'.

I've never seen the single rider line closed for this ride. If you don't mind separating for the actual ride, I would recommend switching your tier 1 fast apss to FEA or Soarin'.

Okay, but the single rider does usually offer shorter waits? I know that the singe rider for Rock n' Roller, for example, is not always that much different from the standby line.

Okay, but the single rider does usually offer shorter waits? I know that the singe rider for Rock n' Roller, for example, is not always that much different from the standby line.
Since Test Track is 3 people across, the single rider line works quite well. It's always much shorter. Rockin' Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest are only 2 people across on the ride vehicles, so those single rider lines are slower.

I read thru the first page of this thread and found answers to a lot of my questions but I have one more.
If we have a eight day on site reservation but have 2 sets of 4 day military tickets will we be able to make FP for our entire stay at 60 days or only the first 4?

I read thru the first page of this thread and found answers to a lot of my questions but I have one more.
If we have a eight day on site reservation but have 2 sets of 4 day military tickets will we be able to make FP for our entire stay at 60 days or only the first 4?

As long as both sets of 4-day tickets are linked to MDE you will be able to make FPs for all 8 days at your 60 day mark.

I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask this question. Some friends are going to AK, and currently have fast passes for FOP in Animal Kingdom. They're a family of 5, with 1 child being an infant. Since that child cannot ride FOP, should some of them book a fast pass for NRJ instead? I'm unclear on the current rules of child swap. Thanks!

They could keep their fast passes and simply just have one or two wait with the child and then they could use their fast passes after the others come off the ride.

The other option is switch two of their fast passes to River Journey (if available at same time). Then have the whole party go to the Fastpass lane at FOP and ask for a child swap ticket. Baby and other two guests ride the river and then three people could use the child swap ticket to ride FOP. Though I have seen on this board that at times some cast members don't honor/follow this practice. It might be a bit of a gamble.

Reactions: CJK
Hi! We just booked a split stay trip for June 2018. We will be at CBR June 18-20 and have booked 8 day PH tix as part of that reservation, then we have a ticketless package at the Poly June 20-25 (with dining plan). I originally thought I would have two fast pass booking dates - 1 for each reservation, but after reading through this post now I think it might be possible for me to book my full 8 days based on my June 18th check in. Can someone confirm that I am understanding this correctly? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!