FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to use a FP without actually riding the ride. Could I scan my passes at the Mickey hand and then chose not to ride. Is this possible with or without Magic Bands? I want to use the strategy of burning through my Tier 2's as quickly, ride the Tier 1 and then get a 4th FP as soon as possible. Thanks.

Is there a place on MDX that tells me the date I can start booking FP? I know there are calculators and such, but it just makes me feel better to see the official Disney date that I can start booking.

Is there a place on MDX that tells me the date I can start booking FP? I know there are calculators and such, but it just makes me feel better to see the official Disney date that I can start booking.
Yes - when you log into MDX you will see this screen....look below the line where it says My Plans...when it says "60" that's your FP window.

ETA...this screen shot was from a desktop - on the mobile app, you need to click on "See All Plans" and it will tell you when you can start your your Check-In which is at 60 days - IF you are staying on Property.
upload_2017-7-27_10-13-48.png

Last edited:
Yes - when you log into MDX you will see this screen....look below the line where it says My Plans...when it says "60" that's your FP window.

ETA...this screen shot was from a desktop - on the mobile app, you need to click on "See All Plans" and it will tell you when you can start your your Check-In which is at 60 days - IF you are staying on Property.
View attachment 256411

Thanks! I have 7 days! I really need to figure out my FP plan! I only have AK figured out so far, haha.

Any advice on the best strategy for (1) modifying existing FP+s and (2) snagging a 3rd FP+ for a ride currently unavailable?
I figured out how using the FAQ, but how often should I be stalking MDE to look?

I am trying to move up two existing FP+s at MK if I can and get a FP+ for Safari at AK (I did not think that would be so hard to get).

Should I just periodically keep checking, wait until closer to my trip (29 days out now)?

I have read the FAQ (read the section on park hopping several times) but I'm paranoid and have a slow learning curve. This will be my first time since the changes.

I currently have FPs back to back to back at AK beginning with Flight of Passage. FoP is the only FastPass I wish to use before heading over to the MK for the rest of the day. Before I cancel my two extra FPs at AK I want to make sure I have this right.

If I only book one FastPass (Flight of Passage) at AK my FP will work, right? I don't have to book all three at AK to use my FoP FastPass?

After tapping my band at FoP can I then immediately make 2 new FPs at MK (my next park) without using FPs for any AK attractions other than the FoP one?

Stupid problem, I know, but I'm having a hard time actually cancelling those two extra AK FastPasses!

Sorry for repetitive questions but a little more reassurance will ease my mind!

I have read the FAQ (read the section on park hopping several times) but I'm paranoid and have a slow learning curve. This will be my first time since the changes.

I currently have FPs back to back to back at AK beginning with Flight of Passage. FoP is the only FastPass I wish to use before heading over to the MK for the rest of the day. Before I cancel my two extra FPs at AK I want to make sure I have this right.

If I only book one FastPass (Flight of Passage) at AK my FP will work, right? I don't have to book all three at AK to use my FoP FastPass?

After tapping my band at FoP can I then immediately make 2 new FPs at MK (my next park) without using FPs for any AK attractions other than the FoP one?

Stupid problem, I know, but I'm having a hard time actually cancelling those two extra AK FastPasses!

Sorry for repetitive questions but a little more reassurance will ease my mind!
Yes to all your questions. :)

Any advice on the best strategy for (1) modifying existing FP+s and (2) snagging a 3rd FP+ for a ride currently unavailable?
I figured out how using the FAQ, but how often should I be stalking MDE to look?

I am trying to move up two existing FP+s at MK if I can and get a FP+ for Safari at AK (I did not think that would be so hard to get).

Should I just periodically keep checking, wait until closer to my trip (29 days out now)?
Check ALL the time. Anytime I pick up my phone to check an email, make a call, whatever, I hop into MDE to check :)

can i make sure i have this right? my stay is slightly more complicated than i'm used to.

ressie # 1 group A- RO 11/5 (decided to add a day but only different room type available)
ressie # 2 group A- package? 11/6-11/14
ressie # 3 group B- package? 11/7-11/14
I'm assuming the TA has ressie 2 & 3 as packages, since i have to pay at 45 days, but she said i can remove the tickets and get same hotel discount rate)

For Group A-
so at 60 days from 11/5, i can make FP for any day but 11/5, because 11/5 would only tie to the RO and the tickets would have to be activated first to make them eligible for FP for that date. but i can go ahead and make FP for my package check in date of 11/6 and beyond because both ressies are in my MDE.

For group B
i can also make FP for them at 60 days from 11/5 as long as they are for their check in date of 11/7 or later, because i linked their mde to mine

thanks

can i make sure i have this right? my stay is slightly more complicated than i'm used to.

ressie # 1 group A- RO 11/5 (decided to add a day but only different room type available)
ressie # 2 group A- package? 11/6-11/14
ressie # 3 group B- package? 11/7-11/14
I'm assuming the TA has ressie 2 & 3 as packages, since i have to pay at 45 days, but she said i can remove the tickets and get same hotel discount rate)

For Group A-
so at 60 days from 11/5, i can make FP for any day but 11/5, because 11/5 would only tie to the RO and the tickets would have to be activated first to make them eligible for FP for that date. but i can go ahead and make FP for my package check in date of 11/6 and beyond because both ressies are in my MDE.

For group B
i can also make FP for them at 60 days from 11/5 as long as they are for their check in date of 11/7 or later, because i linked their mde to mine

thanks
Correct for Group A and Group B! :)

I've got a big group of people going to Disney over the Christmas break. Some of us are staying onsite and some of us are staying offsite. I understand that we should be able to book fast passes for the offsite folks too, if our accounts are linked - 60 days in advance. As the designated Disney planner, everyone wants me to book their fast passes. Here's the thing. While we're meeting for a meal here in there, we won't actually all be doing many rides together due to different ages, interests, etc... For this reason, I don't want to have all of our accounts linked at the time of our trip. It may be annoying to see so many people listed on my MDE app, when trying to book 4th and subsequent fast passes on the fly for my immediate family, you know? Is it possible to book everyone's fast passes 60 days in advance, and then 'unlink' some of the accounts 30 days before the trip? Does that make sense?

Is it possible to book everyone's fast passes 60 days in advance, and then 'unlink' some of the accounts 30 days before the trip? Does that make sense?
Yes, you can unlink the other MDEs and you don't have to wait until 30 days out. You can rearrange the linked MDEs as soon as FPs are booked.

I'm new to the the split stays, we've only ever stayed offsite, and the majority of our trip this time will still be offsite with the exception of the one night.

We have a 5 day pass. We are staying offsite November 25-Dec 2nd, then return for the night Dec 9th, which is onsite, RO. Our plan is to use 4 day passes for the offsite stay, and leave one day for when we're back Dec 9th.

Will we only receive a 60 day fastpass window for our Dec 9th stay? What about the offsite portion, will this be a 30 day window only?

I'm new to the the split stays, we've only ever stayed offsite, and the majority of our trip this time will still be offsite with the exception of the one night.

We have a 5 day pass. We are staying offsite November 25-Dec 2nd, then return for the night Dec 9th, which is onsite, RO. Our plan is to use 4 day passes for the offsite stay, and leave one day for when we're back Dec 9th.

Will we only receive a 60 day fastpass window for our Dec 9th stay? What about the offsite portion, will this be a 30 day window only?
When your FP booking window opens for Dec 9, all the offsite park days are included in the booking window.

Book for all 5 park days when the window opens.

Hope someone can help me with a fp question. We are a family of 5 going to Disney in August staying on property. I made my fp's for the 7 days we are going to be at the parks. I received 5 anytime fp's because of an issue we had at Disney. I can see it on my MDE account saying 5 guests and some balloons above it. My question is, if I made fp's for a ride within a certain time frame and I opted not to go on (I have vertigo but always make the fp's that my children are going to go on anyway) and my children decide to ride the ride again using the anytime fp's, will it use my fp for one of the children if I let them wear my magicband? Also, how does it know to use the reserved fp VS. the "anytime" fp? Hope I am making sense. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter