FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The easiest thing to do is book FoP for all 4 of you so the other 2 can ride it twice.

Then for your 4th FP of the day, Search for NRJ for your complete group.

There's no reason to waste a Tier 1 FP and you don't need a FP for FOLK.

Thanks! That is definitely good reasoning to let them ride FOP twice. Should I try to book the two FOP FP separately or as a whole group? I didn't know if most people would prefer to ride it twice at different times as opposed to book 4 FP at the same time and they would have to ride it twice in a row.

Thanks! That is definitely good reasoning to let them ride FOP twice. Should I try to book the two FOP FP separately or as a whole group? I didn't know if most people would prefer to ride it twice at different times as opposed to book 4 FP at the same time and they would have to ride it twice in a row.
I'd book 4 at once because it gives you a better chance of getting a good 4th FP for your group and you and DD have a full hour to do some non-FP things in AK.

I booked my FP+ for the first time today and it was kind of an aggravating experience. I am at my 60 day mark, I got on right at 7am and still was not able to get the times I wanted. I booked alternates anyway. I tried to see availability on the Disney site just now and it won't let me because I've reached my FP limits. Is there a way I can do this somehow or do I need to cancel something to be able to do this. Thanks.

I booked my FP+ for the first time today and it was kind of an aggravating experience. I am at my 60 day mark, I got on right at 7am and still was not able to get the times I wanted. I booked alternates anyway. I tried to see availability on the Disney site just now and it won't let me because I've reached my FP limits. Is there a way I can do this somehow or do I need to cancel something to be able to do this. Thanks.

From the Addendum:
Instructions for Checking Availability

You don't have to Cancel when checking availability, rebooking a new park, or when park hopping. Simply follow the instructions below.

From the app:
~ tap the "+"
~ select guests
~ select date and new park
~ continue beyond any warnings
~ you won't lose anything if just checking availability. After checking, back out of the window and your original FP+ remain.
~ when you confirm a FP+ for the new park, that's when any original FP+ are replaced.

Checking Availability for Same Park - Same Day
From the App
~ from a booked FP, choose "Modify"
~ scroll through selections to see availability
~ original FP remains intact if a new ride is not chosen
* The system only shows ride availability for time slots that are not blocked by original FP Return Windows.

Keep trying. I also find the FP times also very aggravating at first. When I did mine at 60 days, it took about five more days after that of checking and modifying to slowly move everything to the times I wanted but weren't showing. My advice, say you have a 11:30am FP for Toy Story Mania but you want 11am. When I saw 11:20 available, I changed it to it if it was the only earlier one available. Doing that slowly, over several days I got it to 11am. Modifying is your friend, good luck :goodvibes

Keep trying. I also find the FP times also very aggravating at first. When I did mine at 60 days, it took about five more days after that of checking and modifying to slowly move everything to the times I wanted but weren't showing. My advice, say you have a 11:30am FP for Toy Story Mania but you want 11am. When I saw 11:20 available, I changed it to it if it was the only earlier one available. Doing that slowly, over several days I got it to 11am. Modifying is your friend, good luck :goodvibes
Thank you! I'll keep checking! I could not get FEA at all and the only opening for FOP was much later than I wanted to stay. I booked it anyway and will keep checking and tweaking like you suggested! Epcot was hard since there is so few attractions to FP (and then there's the tiering!) Thanks again! :)

It may be worth @mesaboy2 adding a note in post #10 that for those trying to make FPs with their MNSSHP tickets, they should do those LAST. Otherwise, the system seems to assume they're using a regular ticket for that FP, and will not allow them to make FP's for their last day.

For example, this happened to me this morning. I have a 5-day base tickets, plus a MNSSHP ticket. I am not using a regular ticket for entry the day of the party (which is in the middle of our trip), so I would have 6 days of FP. I initially made them somewhat in order of days, but then when I got to the last day of my trip the system would not allow me to book a FP for that day. I had to go back, cancel my FP for the party day, and then book for the last day. At that point, the system would then allow me to go back and make a FP for the party day.

Luckily, I had happened to read on this thread and somewhere in the MNSSHP thread about this issue, so I knew to cancel the party day FP. I think it would be good to have something up in the FAQ though for other folks in the same boat.
Also worth noting that there have been reports of people getting their last day of FPs cancelled when they've used a party ticket to book FPs. No rhyme or reason at this point as to who or why (and it's not everyone) but just be aware.

It may be worth @mesaboy2 adding a note in post #10 that for those trying to make FPs with their MNSSHP tickets, they should do those LAST. Otherwise, the system seems to assume they're using a regular ticket for that FP, and will not allow them to make FP's for their last day.

For example, this happened to me this morning. I have a 5-day base tickets, plus a MNSSHP ticket. I am not using a regular ticket for entry the day of the party (which is in the middle of our trip), so I would have 6 days of FP. I initially made them somewhat in order of days, but then when I got to the last day of my trip the system would not allow me to book a FP for that day. I had to go back, cancel my FP for the party day, and then book for the last day. At that point, the system would then allow me to go back and make a FP for the party day.

Luckily, I had happened to read on this thread and somewhere in the MNSSHP thread about this issue, so I knew to cancel the party day FP. I think it would be good to have something up in the FAQ though for other folks in the same boat.

Also worth noting that there have been reports of people getting their last day of FPs cancelled when they've used a party ticket to book FPs. No rhyme or reason at this point as to who or why (and it's not everyone) but just be aware.

New verbiage added to Post #10 in green to address these points, let me know if I captured correctly what you have experienced. Thanks!

I'm really trying to understand, but don't think I do.

We are planning a June 2018 trip. We will just do AK and waterparks at Disney and spend days at Universal too. We are thinking of starting with 1-2 nights at Disney and then moving to Universal for the next 4-5 nights. We will buy 1 day PH+ tickets so we can do the water parks on 2 days.

My questions:
1. Let's say we do 1 night in a Disney resort - June 16. I know I can book FP 60 days before that, so April 17. For how many days can I book? I don't understand what a ticket "entitlement" is and if water parks count. Can I make FP for just June 16 and 17? Or can I do more since we have the water park option?

2. If I want to go to AK on June 22, I think I'd have to wait until April 23 - 60 days before June 22. Is that right?

Thank you.

Can I make FP for just June 16 and 17?
Your window will open for those two days but because you will only have 1 park ticket (entitlement), you have to choose which day you'll actually be in the park. Book your FPs for that specific day.

You'd only have 1 day of waterparks because you only have a single day park ticket. The waterpark option matches the number of park tickets. In your case, that is only 1 day at the waterparks.

If I want to go to AK on June 22, I think I'd have to wait until April 23 - 60 days before June 22. Is that right?
Yes because of your onsite stay on the 16th, the window will allow you to book at 60 days before June 22. Will AK be your 2nd Disney Park of the trip or your only Disney Park?

The Disney site says that 1 day tickets get 2 days of the water parks. Maybe that is a recent change? It says for all other lengths it matches, but 1-day tickets are an exception.

AK will be our first park. We may try to hop to Epcot that day as well. We plan to do both water parks earlier in the week.

The Disney site says that 1 day tickets get 2 days of the water parks. Maybe that is a recent change? It says for all other lengths it matches, but 1-day tickets are an exception.
Ok, thanks! Then you have 2 waterpark days but only 1 park day.

When your window opens for the 16th, you won't be able to book FPs for AK - you'll have to wait.

Thank you for your help. I find this all so confusing! I'm glad there are people who understand and can clarify.

If I purchase an Annual pass but don't activate it, will I be able to make my FP+ reservations at the 60 day mark as if I had park tickets?

I am thinking yes..but just want to make sure.

thanks

Do the 30 day or 60 day FP+ booking winder ever come out earlier than 7am Eastern or has it consistently been right at the top of the hour?

Do the 30 day or 60 day FP+ booking winder ever come out earlier than 7am Eastern or has it consistently been right at the top of the hour?
The only exception I've noted is if you have 2 onsite stays booked within 60 days of each other, the FP date for your second stay will open at day 59.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts