Fast And Furious

EveDallas

Always keep fighting
Does anyone know the actual opening date for the F & F ride? We'll be there April 28 - May 5 and would love to ride it.

I would like to try this too even though I've seen exactly ZERO of the movies. I'm willing to bet it's done with the same tech as Kong. You know how it is when they come out with new tech...all rides to follow are done in the same format. ie; Spiderman...Transformers....Forbidden Journey. Dark ride/motion simulator was all the rage and a step ahead of what Disney was doing if you ask me. Now it's going to be the surround screen on both sides thing. Anyone have any other ideas as to what they'll do?

I would like to try this too even though I've seen exactly ZERO of the movies. I'm willing to bet it's done with the same tech as Kong. You know how it is when they come out with new tech...all rides to follow are done in the same format. ie; Spiderman...Transformers....Forbidden Journey. Dark ride/motion simulator was all the rage and a step ahead of what Disney was doing if you ask me. Now it's going to be the surround screen on both sides thing. Anyone have any other ideas as to what they'll do?

From what I know (not much since most of this is third hand info), the first and second rooms are similar to Hollywood, but with some more. The finale is different, though, with some practical stuff with the cars. The first scene has a live actor intermixed with the projections (similar to they had an actor with Christopher Walkin in Disaster), but with a big truck that moves in and out.

Middle scene is the wrapped tunnel (no 3d glasses, but screen based), finale has some cars on robot arms (this one does NOT exist at Hollywood) and real fire! There are some differences too in the other scenes, they are not the same as Hollywood (largest difference is Orlando's takes place in San Fransisco), and the queue is nice (no queue in Hollywood as it is just part of the tram tour). I'd expect soft openings late Feb or early March.

Most hard core Theme Park folks will probably not care for it, but I think everyone else will enjoy it a lot.

I just noticed they updated the web page about it very recently --- in the last few days--, it shows the first scene with the live actor mixed with filmed stuff (with the glass-less 3d musion effect that they used in old disaster ride, forbidden journey queue (For Dumbledor and Harry/Ron/Hermine), and the gringotts preshow) https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/theme-parks/universal-studios-florida/fast-furious-supercharged/index.html#section-latest

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter