Fantasmic Thread!

I think we are going to switch our dining package to Rancho. When I go on the app, I need to select a time, but can we eat there at anytime throughout the day or only at the time we selected?
You are supposed to go at the time of your reservation. I hope there is a bit of a grace period because I’m worried we might be a little late to ours.

A manager was telling the CMs when we were lined up that RBT was oversold for the night, so I think they were really trying to pack us in.
Yes, I was told that by a manager earlier in the week. They oversold for the first couple of (maybe several) weeks. I think that is from when the app listed brunch, dinner and "special."

Last edited:
So I went Sunday....but did not see the show. I got there 5 mins before my dinning time (River Belle) and checked in and they said they were backed up (my time was 6:25 PM)

Waited 30 mins and checked again and they said a few more mins when I pressed them on the real time it would take they said 20-40 more mins. So I cancelled my table and left, I have not seen it that crowded since pre covid....was not fun and everyland was packed.

I'll just wait and see the show next month

So I went Sunday....but did not see the show. I got there 5 mins before my dinning time (River Belle) and checked in and they said they were backed up (my time was 6:25 PM)

Waited 30 mins and checked again and they said a few more mins when I pressed them on the real time it would take they said 20-40 more mins. So I cancelled my table and left, I have not seen it that crowded since pre covid....was not fun and everyland was packed.

I saw similar reports in 2022 when they did Hungry Bear. Its never advisable to do those late reservations, due to what you experienced. Earlier in the day is best, to give yourself enough of a buffer for unexpected delays like the restaurant being backed up.

That's awful. I wonder if that glitch that happened or whatever really over sold the riverbelle for this weekend..

Ugh, how disappointing! I’m so sorry that happened to you.

Ugh, how disappointing! I’m so sorry that happened to you.
It happens, honestly might have been one of the worst visits to Disneyland for me, so I took the dinning as a sigh to get out of the parks

I'll be back soon and hopefully next time things go more smoothly and hopefully people seeing this keep it in mind if they have a "later" reservation to check up on it early just in case this happens to you
That's awful. I wonder if that glitch that happened or whatever really over sold the riverbelle for this weekend..
No idea, about 10+ groups just standing in front the restaurant alone the railing from the check in table over to Frontierland

They keep telling people they were backed up and part of the issue was unlike lunch they were saving some tables for the Premium dinning so people pointed out all these empty tables that they said could not be used. Seems to be like they over sold it when I went or were short staffed

LKing mentioned upthread that a manager CM said that Riverbelle Fantasmic dining is oversold for the first few weeks. I suspect that "glitch" could have been a contributing factor.
And the fact that they probably weren't supposed to offer as many standard dinner reservations so close to when the premium package guests were due to arrive.

RB 1st show seating on Sunday wasn't bad. There was room even at the beginning of the show.
Thanks for sharing, very helpful. Also, curious about experiences moving forward in the Rancho section about crowds for the first show if showing up around 8:30. No desire to be up front, but want a few seats next to each other.

Here today. Brunch at RB. Server said arrive no later 845. Advised 815 with 800 lineup. Pointed out the areas and general specifics.

Large portions and be ready for that SWEAT dessert. Both options were very sugar laden.
Just wondering, were you allowed to order off the regular brunch menu or were you limited by a set menu. Did you enjoy the food?

Thanks for sharing, very helpful. Also, curious about experiences moving forward in the Rancho section about crowds for the first show if showing up around 8:30. No desire to be up front, but want a few seats next to each other.
I am planning on going this Thursday and I have the Rancho dining package so I'll report back. I definitely will not show up to the section before 8:30, we don't want to sit around too long.

I'm sorry that happened! How disappointing. Hopefully your trip next month will be better all around and you'll get to see Fantasmic.

Just wondering, were you allowed to order off the regular brunch menu or were you limited by a set menu. Did you enjoy the food?
We didn't try to order off the menu -- probably should have asked.

Food was good.
App: Soup and meatballs were very good.
Entree: Cuban was good; breakfast was standard fare; Big chicken was good; loaded fries were very good.
Dessert : both were WAY too sweet. cobbler was tolerable with the icecream and granola mixed.

Drinks: soft drinks/coffee/ice -- no mud pie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter