family of five

Wade Shrader

Mouseketeer
Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered before. We're WDW veterans, but have not tried the cruise line yet. We have a family of 5 (6 year old triplets). I assume that we would have to have 2 staterooms, is that correct? That could make it financially much tougher on us.

Our two sons also have cerebral palsy, so I'm a little concerned for one of my son's wheelchair, and the other one's crutches, with accessibility issues on the boat. I've posted a similar thread on our disABILITY board, so hopefully, between the 2 forums, I'll get the info I need!

Thanks in advance!
Wade

Well u could get one room cat 4 it will sleep 5
Try messing around with WWW.EXPEDIA.com
the cruise booking section go threw the motions of booking a cruise and it will tell u for sure what Catagory options u have
u could also try to get 2 staterooms in cat 10 CONNECTING
u can open the door in betwen the rooms and that would work for u, and it will probably be less money ....
If u r intrested in 2 rooms in cat 10 Try this this is a well know Disney Secret on deck 5 there r 6 rooms disney sells as
cat 10 deluxe inside staterooms but they Really have a porthole
go to www.castawayclub.com and look under staterooms to see the actual pictures taken by people on this board....
so that means u pay for inside room but get a porthole.............
Im not sure if the wheel chair will fit in threw the standard door or if u will have to get a handicap room....
peter

There are accessible cabins in many categories on the ships. If there is an accessible category 4 room, that might be best for you. The connecting rooms might be harder to manuver with a wheelchair.

Okay....just grabbed my book. There are no accessible rooms in category 4, and no connecting rooms in other categories with one of the rooms designed for wheelchairs, except the category 3 suite. You'd better call Disney to inquire about your situation. Surely they will be able to accomodate.

The only options I'm familiar with would be a Cat 4 (or larger) or two Cat 10 cabins for likely a little less. I think Cat 10 is the lowest that has connecting room options, others can correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, no good and economical way to cruise for a family of 5. You may want to check around with other cruise lines to see if they have cheaper options that will work for you.

Is your sons wheelchair full size or is it smaller than the normal ones for adults? If it is smaller it might be easier to move around in the connecting rooms and maybe a little less expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter