Family-Friendly Neighborhoods with Good Schools?

MouseFan88

Mouseketeer
Hi DISboarders!

This life-long Disney addict is super-excited to be expecting a corporate job offer with Disney within the next week, and I'm hoping to get some house-hunting done prior to an official offer so I can negotiate if necessary. I have a 2-year-old daughter and another baby on the way, and my husband is a stay-at-home dad. So we want a home that it is in a good public school district and is within about 30 minutes commute from either the Feature Animation building or an office building in downtown Celebration (exact location TBD at this point). We would also like to stay under $300,000 for a 4-bedroom home, but could inch up toward $350,000 if necessary. Any suggestions from the experts regarding where we could start our hunting?

Thanks!

Hi DISboarders!

This life-long Disney addict is super-excited to be expecting a corporate job offer with Disney within the next week, and I'm hoping to get some house-hunting done prior to an official offer so I can negotiate if necessary. I have a 2-year-old daughter and another baby on the way, and my husband is a stay-at-home dad. So we want a home that it is in a good public school district and is within about 30 minutes commute from either the Feature Animation building or an office building in downtown Celebration (exact location TBD at this point). We would also like to stay under $300,000 for a 4-bedroom home, but could inch up toward $350,000 if necessary. Any suggestions from the experts regarding where we could start our hunting?

Thanks!
Windermere is a highly sought after place for teachers. DD has friends who have taught in different school districts and then were able to secure positions with the Windermere Schools.

Polk County isn’t known for their school system so Davenport, even though it isn’t too far from Celebration, should be ruled out.

Champions Gate and Winter Garden are nice areas.

Don’t go west of Celebration (Davenport/Championsgate). I cannot tell you how BAD traffic backs up on I4 headed that way from World Drive. It’s awful.

There are some newer developments along the 429 that you could look into - Winter Garden area.

I live in Celebration and love it here so you could look here as well. :)

I grew up in Doctor Phillips/Bay Hill, and it's still a fairly sought-after area for schools.

Winter Garden is an up-and-coming area ... you can find a house on a larger piece of property for a decent amount and with the toll road, the commute shouldn't be terrible.
Windermere is also great, and very established, but is likely going to be pricey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts