Fairytale Package Question

TinkerBelle_325

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I'm planning on booking the Fairytale package for our stay in August tomorrow morning.

I read on mousesavers that it would be wise to book a room only ressie the first night and then a 7night/ 8day FT package, as my stay is 8 nights. It ends up saving me $536 as opposed to $400 were I to go with the 8 night FT package.

The only problem I see is, will they make me move rooms? Both rooms are being booked at CSR, both waterview. Is it likely they will let me stay in the same room for the duration of my stay or will I have to move after my first night?

I'm thinking they will let me stay in the same room the entire time as I've booked trips in 2 parts before. For example, I've booked my first 5 nights under the regular season rate and the last 3 under value season rate because the seasons changed in the middle of my stay. When I did this in the past they allowed me to stay in the same room.

TinkerBelle_325

Could you please post the web address of the page where you read about that suggestion to book a room only ressie? DW and I have been reading over the mousesavers site and missed that. We are in a similar situation, that we'd like to stay longer than 7 days, but not the full 14 that is needed if you want to get the maximum benefit from the FT rate. We wanted to stay 10 nights and were looking for the best way to book that... sounds like you found some good info...

Many Thanks,
Darian

When booking 2 separate reservations at the same resort, there is always the chance that you will have to switch rooms. The resort will usually try to keep you in the same room, but it is not always possible.

Hi there...

I have done this before - had a few nights on one reservation and the rest on another...

I have not had to switch rooms but they slip the bill under your door on your last night of the first reservation and then you have tosettle that bill and 'sort of' check in again - sometimes they give you new cards... no big deal though

I have never heard of anyone physically having to change rooms.

>>^..^<<

I have had to change rooms before.Two years ago I had an 8 night stay booked ,4 under a code rate and 4 under an AP rate. Both were at Allstar Music.I had continuing noted on ressie and also was assured at check in on Day one I would not have to move just check in again Wrong I had to move.But I just packed up, called bell services,they moved our luggage and we did get a preferred room ,ground floor,pool side and only paid for standard room,so yes you may have to move but it's not very painful.at least you can sort out some things mid way.

If you inform them at check-in that you have a continuing reservation, they will try very hard not to make you move. As Keeva discovered, sometimes it just isn't possible for them to let you keep the same room -- but that's rare.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter