Delete Thread

Those desserts look delicious. I think its cool they can make "alien food" look appetizing. I couldn't tell from your pictures, where is the viewing area for the fireworks?

Light Speed Margarita, and I couldn't tell you what was in it :rotfl:

gD8USGNl.jpg

Tequila, blood orange syrup, sour mix and lime juice - Luke had a few of these the night we did this dessert party, so I made sure to write down what was in it :)

Josh grabbed a Swamp Milk which is a vodka and melon liqueur drink.

Uk4wM9ul.jpg

I like vodka, and I'm ok with melon flavour, but I refused to try this because it also had half and half. Dairy and alcohol is not a mixture I enjoy at all.

Just look at that beauty of a bread pudding! Marshmallows, chocolate, and pretzels oh my!

I didn't get to try this! It was basically scraped clean every single time I went up to get some :(

(Not a fan of tomato or green olives though so I may have skipped that part)

Haha, I did the exact same thing!

Josh liked his, but to me it just tasted like ice cream

Yeah, I wasn't blown away by this either...

They were nice fireworks, but not being too keen on Star Wars they were definitely my least favorite of the night shows I've seen. I'm sure if I liked Star Wars though I would've loved it.

I hadn't watched any Star Wars movies before our first trip to WDW, but I forced myself into watching all of them (in chronological order, not release order) before we went on our January 2017 trip, and I'm now a huge fan. Love it.

I don't understand this sentence :confused3 What language is this lol????? It's the best combination in the world!

Haha, I was thinking the same thing! I don't even like peanut butter on it's own, but mix it with chocolate and I'm all in!

Actually there were 2 dessert plates :rotfl:

CUQZQhd.gif
I'm pretty sure I tell myself this 5 times a day

Josh's box included: fruit skewers, with a gel/mousse dessert (the sparkly thing) that he just called "the super sour thing", in the back is an Enjoy Life rice milk crunch bar, a chocolate mousse (I think), and what looks like a gluten free version of the pita bread for dipping. He definitely liked the "super sour thing" and fruit skewers. He also had cheese, and some of the freeze dried nutella ice cream. He liked the freeze dried nutella ice cream and said it was a lot smoother than regular ice cream. All in all the gluten free choices were alright, but not the greatest (I would rank it maybe 2 out of 3 for dessert parties we've gone to. (They usually don't have a ton at dessert parties, and if they do it's just prepackaged stuff and fruit).

5OxXdNMl.jpg
That's nice that they gave him something different than normal though

That bread pudding does look delicious.

Since I'm not in a hurry to see the fireworks again and dessert parties are expensive we probably wouldn't do this again anytime soon, but it was definitely a good experience. Next trip we're doing the new Frozen Ever After dessert party at Epcot so we'll be able to compare them all since we've done the Hallowishes, Happily Ever After, and Star Wars ones as well.
My mom and I are going to do the Frozen dessert party so I'm excited to see what you think of it.

I love cheese an un reasonable amount so these were my first, but not my last cheese skewers by far. :lovestruc (Not a fan of tomato or green olives though so I may have skipped that part).

I love cheese cubes!! I also love olives, so I'd have been all over those skewers!

Bread pudding is something they always do right however, and it was delicious.

#truth

I'm also just not a fan of peanut butter and chocolate together, which I know is super weird. I like them both separately, but I just find them too much maybe when together? :scratchin I'm not sure, I'll eat it but it's far from my favorite combo.

I don't like it together either unless it's a Reese's cup!! But I'm not a big peanut butter person. (unless it's involved in a Reese's cup, haha!)

The Stormtroopers were leading us to the fireworks!

I would have been freaking out!!!

We got our Chewbacca mugs

I love these mugs, and I was disappointed they didn't do something like this for Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam. 3D fireworks glasses were just NOT the same as a cool Chewbacca mug. This is definitely a party I really want to do. I was waiting and waiting for it to be offered last December and then they switched it to JBJB (and we enjoyed that party, but...no Chewie mug!!)

Next trip we're doing the new Frozen Ever After dessert party at Epcot

Oh, I am so, so excited to hear how this goes!! I thought about doing this with my mom, but I'm trying to keep things low key. If I do a party it will be for Happily Ever After...I click on it to book every day and then change my mind.

We haven't done Illuminations since our first trip so I'm looking forward to it too! I love that they always have cheese cubes :rotfl:

Yes we went to Ohana last year! Sadly, I wasn't a huge fan of the food overall even though dessert was good. I may try to grab some more bread pudding at the Tambu Lounge next trip though.
Yes we love Tambu Lounge we got this in March
IMG_7966.JPG IMG_7967.JPG

I think I would love this dessert party the most, huge SW fan and the food looks good with some variety. We have never done a dessert party, thanks for the good review!

I love cheese an un reasonable amount so these were my first, but not my last cheese skewers by far. :lovestruc
Oooh, me too!!! ::yes:: Bring on the cheese!

Actually there were 2 dessert plates :rotfl:
Without dinner beforehand, you should have started out with 3! :laughing:

They were in no danger of running out so I'm not sure why she was acting like it was Black Friday, and she just saw the last TV.
People confuse me.

Looks like you all had a great time at the dessert party. I can't believe how many savory options they had. Good thing you all didn't eat dinner. I've contemplated doing the party a few times, as I know the hubby would love it, but i can't get over the price for kids. Better do it before she's an "adult" though :-)

I do love the lounge menus though!
Agreed! :thumbsup2

She seemed frustrated and visibility annoyed with our table from the moment we didn't order alcohol.

And I think the waitress was wrong It did not come with a lot of fries, I would've happily eaten a whole order on top of that.

She informed us that it would "take a reaaally long time" to make his.
What the heck!?!? In the words of Stephanie Tanner, how rude! As someone who waitressed for a million years, I can't imagine ever having treated my customers like this. :sad2:

Although would our waitress have really told us if it could be? :rotfl:
Doubtful.

Ugh, sounds like a disappointing - and expensive - meal. But at least the fries were delicious!!! ::yes::

Those fries look so good and so does that cheesecake brownie. I'd say that's a perfect meal :thumbsup2
Your waitress however not so perfect :sad2: :rolleyes1
Looking forward to watching your latest vlog on the dessert party after work :surfweb:

Those fries look so good and so does that cheesecake brownie. I'd say that's a perfect meal :thumbsup2
Your waitress however not so perfect :sad2: :rolleyes1
Looking forward to watching your latest vlog on the dessert party after work :surfweb:

You're right fries and cheesecake brownies are all you need :thumbsup2

:rotfl: far from it.

:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter