extra luggage China

notaprincess

Princess who?
Couldn't find anything at first glance...

Does anyone have experience on how a second piece of luggage is handled on the internal flights?
Can I just pay the extra fee at the counter when checking in?

Last edited:
Except for the Hong Kong to Beijing leg, you actually don't check in your own luggage. It's picked up for you, and one of the Adventure Guides checks all your luggage in, and it magically appears in your room. The not having to go to the carousel to pick your bag up after the flight is really amazing, and something I could get used to.

So you can't really pay the extra fee when checking in. I'm not sure how it's handled. I'd check with ABD and ask them. I'm sure there's some way to deal with it. Technically, you're not supposed to *have* extra luggage, but I can't imagine there's any way for them to enforce that once you're in China...

Sayhello

We were on ABD China last June. We spent a total of 18 days in China, and I feel you pain about the luggage, but I highly recommend trying to limit your luggage if at all possible. We were a party of 3 and each of us had a large checked bag, a small, international size rolling carry on and a backpack, and frankly it was a big pain. The trip has a lot of moving parts, a ton of moving around, long (amazing) days and too much stuff just complicated everything for us. Every time was walked into our next hotel room, I really wished I'd gone more minimal. LOL

Anyway, I know everyone's needs are different, but wanted to share my experience!
Jen

I'm someone who really hates checking luggage, but I know I can't avoid it this trip. I also don't like worrying about doing laundry while on vacation, but do any of you have info on laundry services or availability of washers/dryers for the China trip? I'm trying to figure out how to pack as lightly as possible. Have any of you done laundry or sent laundry out to be done during the China trip?

Last edited:

We sent our laundry out at the Shangri-La in Guilin. Partly because we were told it was the cheapest hotel to have laundry done and because with our post-days it was about half way through the trip. This trip does not have a lot of down time, so when we got to our hotel room all we wanted to do was go to bed (not laundry).

We sent our laundry out at the Shangri-La in Guilin. Partly because we were told it was the cheapest hotel to have laundry done and because with our post-days it was about half way through the trip. This trip does not have a lot of down time, so when we got to our hotel room all we wanted to do was go to bed (not laundry).
Thanks so much, CaliKris! That is really helpful. Heck, I don't like doing laundry ever, even when I'm not tired, and certainly not on vacation! Sending it out sounds much better to me if we can't pack enough to get by in our suitcases. I don't mind rinsing clothes out in a hotel sink once in awhile, but because we move from hotel to hotel so quickly, I don't think there will be time for anything to dry. Thanks so much for your response!

I agree with this. I rarely felt like doing anything but hitting the bed & watching TV at the end of the day! I dislike doing laundry at home, I really don't want to be doing it at home! I know I sent out some of my laundry at one of the hotels, but I'm not sure which. I'm trying to find my hotel bills to figure out which one...

Sayhello

On another thread someone mentioned sending laundry to an outside company and let the concierge deal with it.
I'll be able to go with 1 suitcase, but the 44lbs? Not so sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter