Express Transport Ending

Don't know if this is posted (didn't see it) but apparently the Recently added Express Transport service upgrade is ending on Aug 23.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/walt-disney-world-eliminates-express-transportation-service/

I suppose we could discuss why ? Its interesting I haven't read a single rumor about this ending, and bam, there it goes.

I wonder if its related to the Mini-Vans or what not.
It's been discussed the last day or two on the express transportation thread. I would guess because they have to shut down for lightening making it tough to operate in the summer. That and very few people used it. At most we had two other people on our buses.

I'm not doubting the validity of it but I haven't seen a Disney statement about this. I will say it doesn't surprise me since the buses were always talked about not being busy enough. I never understood the shutting down for rain and inclement weather thing though.... but that's probably why I don't run a resort :flower1:

It's been discussed the last day or two on the express transportation thread. I would guess because they have to shut down for lightening making it tough to operate in the summer. That and very few people used it. At most we had two other people on our buses.

Little use...pay per use service...

That's the death stroke in the world of disney

I'm not doubting the validity of it but I haven't seen a Disney statement about this. I will say it doesn't surprise me since the buses were always talked about not being busy enough. I never understood the shutting down for rain and inclement weather thing though.... but that's probably why I don't run a resort :flower1:

Because they were using backstage areas, so that causes liability issues for CMs and guests. Also, it's unlikely Disney will ever "put out a statement" as you mention. It'll just quietly go away, the page will be removed, etc as if it never really existed.

A CM confirmed the report on the Express Transportation thread.

A CM confirmed the report on the Express Transportation thread.
A CM can also lose their jobs for that, so I would just be careful saying it. (which is probably why the CMs post vanished). It sucks, but if it was doing successfully there's no reason to keep it. I have no feelings either way, other than being a tiny bit bummed if we can't experience it.

I do find it interesting that it wouldn't run in the rain (lightening I understand). In Feb it definitely ran in the rain. We left Animal Kingdom in the rain and hopped to HS to see Muppets and ride Star Tours bc they were inside.

I second this. I never used it, so I don't know the finer details... but if a normal bus route can run, then this could too? If it's a shelter thing (which is what I've seen), then why would they have not built the shelter for the money? Just a thought.

I don't understand why this is ending. It seemed popular. I thought it was a great add on and loved using it.
Maybe part of the reason it was popular was because so few people used it? Sort of like how the Pirate and Princess Parties were popular because they were so uncrowded.

So... (not saying this is the truth).. but I'm currently on the phone with a CM, and she has no record and is asking for links (to articles / sent via email) that state it's ending. It's apparently on the Hub.. so it would make no sense for her to lie... considering this phone call starting with a very upset me about being lied to (not this, but several other aspects of our trip have not gone well, long story)...

Maybe part of the reason it was popular was because so few people used it? Sort of like how the Pirate and Princess Parties were popular because they were so uncrowded.
It was popular because you bypassed security, had a fixed bus schedule that made it easier to plan around, and it dropped you off inside the parks which made it easy to get to the attractions. The fact it was empty frequently was more a concern.

Confirmed,, though I am terribly bummed it took me twenty minutes of insisting I had heard it for them to confirm it. They're not ready for the official announcement I assume.

Confirmed,, though I am terribly bummed it took me twenty minutes of insisting I had heard it for them to confirm it. They're not ready for the official announcement I assume.
There are certain posters I will trust here before I believe anything I hear from a random CM.

Glad you got your confirmation though.

There are certain posters I will trust here before I believe anything I hear from a random CM.

Glad you got your confirmation though.
That's good for you, but some of us don't trust random people over the internet. I'm actually really glad I got my confirmation because she's helping adjust the fastpass I was worried I wouldn't make :)

That's good for you, but some of us don't trust random people over the internet. I'm actually really glad I got my confirmation because she's helping adjust the fastpass I was worried I wouldn't make :)
I guess after you hang out for a while, some of the posters here don't seem so random. Anyway, glad you are getting the help you need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter