Express Passes - Weekend before Thanksgiving??

mommypenguin29

Mouseketeer
So we are coming the weekend before Thanksgiving on our way to visit family... How busy are the Universal parks (not water park) usually that weekend? Trying to decide if we need express passes. We currently have hotel reservations off site and will have a rental car. We are planning on doing the parks for 2 1/2 days and looking at park to park...

Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks!

I don't think it will be that busy...you should be OK w/o Express passes.

Thanks for responding! Trying to decide if we really need to spend the extra money for express passes as it is already expensive just for the tickets:)
Wait until you arrive and see if you need them...you can purchase at either park. Maybe go ahead and budget for them and if you don't need to buy then you will be money ahead.

Wait until you arrive and see if you need them...you can purchase at either park. Maybe go ahead and budget for them and if you don't need to buy then you will be money ahead.
Thanks - trying to decide if I should stay on site just for the passes since it would be cheaper then buying them the day of...but I have a hard time spending more money when I am already spending over $1000 for tickets already...

Thanks - trying to decide if I should stay on site just for the passes since it would be cheaper then buying them the day of...but I have a hard time spending more money when I am already spending over $1000 for tickets already...
I really think you would be OK without staying onsite...I doubt it will be busy enough to justify it.

It's worth noting that the express passes now include all of the Harry Potter Attractions. So IMO it is worth it. Even when it's not busy season, those rides and Kong can be 90 minutes or so. And the weekend before Thanksgiving won't be slammed packed, but it will be decently busy.

That weekend is the first weekend of the Hogwarts Christmas season. So it may be busy saturday and sunday.

Thanks everyone - reconsidering to stay on site for 2 nights and off site the first night so we can get the express passes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter