Express Pass needed in Jan?

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
Have a trip planned Jan 25th. One day. One park (studios). Will be there for rope drop (IF that's a thing at Universal. LOL)
Can skip any thrill rides. Brother and SIL want to get Express Pass. I'd rather not spend the $ if not necessary.
Touring Plans gives this date a 2 out of 10 crowd level.

While I have you.... best place to buy tix? Under Cover Tourist? AAA?
Please advise.
TIA

Last edited:
If you are unsure about EP now, don't buy it. You can always buy it in the park after you get there and check out the crowd situation. If you're skipping rides and the crowd level is predicted as a 2, I would definitely not buy it now.

If you are unsure about EP now, don't buy it. You can always buy it in the park after you get there and check out the crowd situation. If you're skipping rides and the crowd level is predicted as a 2, I would definitely not buy it now.
Thanks! Those were my thoughts too when I read that one could buy it as an "add-on" in the park. Being a Universal newbie, I wanted to hear it from those "in the know".

Yep, never buy them ahead of time in case you don’t need them.....they are date and park specific, so, no refunds if you don’t need them.

For my own reference, is this option to add on the express pass to your existing tix, at the park, the day of your visit something new? Or has that always been an option?

Last edited:
For my own reference, is this option to add on the express pass to your existing tix, at the park, the day of your visit something new? Or has that always been an option?
Not new at all. There is a small chance of them selling out during the busiest days. In those cases, getting it before might make sense. (Or staying at a hotel that includes them). But they will not sell out for your date so no harm in waiting.

That day should be reasonably safe, the 26th is the start of the Harry Potter Celebration event which will drive it up greatly. (although you may have some early arrivals the day before). You'll be missing the extra expo events and exhibits on the 25th, but the crowds should be lower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts