Expo

jkh1978

DIS Veteran
I'll be running my first marathon. Family coming to visit. How much time should I tell them I want to spend at the expo? Lots of good things to buy? Any good freebies? How long will packet pick up going to be? I'll be arriving noonish on Saturday.

Lots of things to see....there are lots of freebies--but per my coach...by Saturday that may be thinned down a bit.

They have lots of vendors--they have a HUGE display of official merchandise--though this is available in some of the hotels as well. There are running merchandise vendors all over the place. Stuff to cure what ails you, garments, shoes---just fun to look at it even if you don't plan on buying anything.

Allow 30min-1hr to pick up your race packet and shirt (you signed in upstairs and then went downstairs to get your bag and shirt last year). Allow 1-2 hours to walk around the expo. So if you get there at noon--plan until about 3 or 4pm at Expo.

Great info, Lisa!!

So, I am wondering as the non-runner--do they sell as special pin with the marathon as the theme?????? LOL Please say "yes"! ;)

Yes, there are special pins for the marathon weekend. If you got to the official pin trading site(don't know the url) and look at upcoming pins, its got all 4 listed. Pins have become my WDW souvenirs of choice so I was wondering too.

just never went to an expo like this before, so I want to know how much time I should set aside for it.

jkh1978 said:
just never went to an expo like this before, so I want to know how much time I should set aside for it.

About 2 hours or so--if you listen to speakers and still wish to walk around...add another hour or 2. 2 Hours is sufficient to get your race items and browse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter