Experience Prior to DCP? (newbie questions)

wayoutshay

Earning My Ears
Hi!

I've been wanting to apply for DCP for a really long time and I finally have the opportunity to!:jumping1:

I had a few questions before I apply. Do you need any special kind of experience before you apply? Are there any specific qualifications that would help you get into the program? Or any types of jobs in particular? And does volunteer work count?

(On a side note, are there any forums for Disney Professional Internships?)

Just to let you know-the applications for the Fall/Fall Advantage Season closed. Your next opportunity will be in late August presumably, for the Spring and Spring Advantage Programs. I don't believe there's a specific forum for PIs-you might want to see if there are any Facebook groups for them.

You do not need any special experience-the only requirement is that you are a student or have recently graduated from college. There's really no specific qualifications that help you get into the program-I know people who got in with little to no work experience and I know people who have worked at a Disney Store for two years and got denied. Volunteer work would be helpful to list on your application if there's room for it and you feel it's relevant. I had both volunteer work and customer service jobs that I listed.

Any type of work experience is valuable. It's all about how you market yourself.

For PIs, your bets bet is Facebook.

The groups generally follow naming of Disney Professional Internship | {session year}

The one for current applications is Disney Professional Internship | Summer & Fall 2017

Experience helps, even volunteer work. Just make sure you can apply whatever experience you do have to a role or quality. For example, I volunteered at a food shelter. On my application, I said that my responsibility was to organize. Organizing and keeping a clean work station are two qualities that could be useful at Disney. I was also captain of my high school color guard team, and I put that down on my application because it showed that I had leadership skills. You can spin anything, really.

Any job experience is better than none, but is not required. There have been plenty of people accepted without any work experience. A great resource that I used when I was applying for the DCP was dcpguide.com. It has a bunch of great info and answered a lot of my questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter