Excursion to visit Atlantis

lovedisney123

DIS Veteran
Is if fairly easy to just book the excursion to visit Atlantis once you get on board? We don't want to do the swimming or anything other than just go over and walk around and see it. If the weather isn't going to be nice, then we would prefer not to go. So I would rather decide once we are onboard. So if this one that is fairly easy to book the day you arrive?
Thanks!

I got off last year with my group of 12 of us and we took a taxi over . I want to say it was 4 -6 dollars per person each way. We stayed for about 2-3 hours played a few slots and walked around the resort and marina. Then took a taxi back

There will be a bunch of taxis/vans waiting as you get off the ship. Cheaper than DCL and you don't have to wait for a busload of people.

There will be a bunch of taxis/vans waiting as you get off the ship. Cheaper than DCL and you don't have to wait for a busload of people.

How can you tell which ones are legit/trustworthy/official? I wouldn't want to get scammed (or worse) by going with the "lowest bidder."

LAX

How can you tell which ones are legit/trustworthy/official? I wouldn't want to get scammed (or worse) by going with the "lowest bidder."

LAX
1. Nassau taxis are on a zone system...there are regulated fares from one part of the island to another. This also means that taxis do not have any incentive to take the long way. Here are the regulated fares:

NASTxi.JPG

2. Taxis all have yellow license plates that start with NP, like this:
LicensePlate.jpg

A shared van is $5 per person, but will wait to fill up with strangers. A dedicated taxis is $11 fare +$1 bridge toll + fees for more than 2 passengers + tip.

I paid $4 there and $4 to a van outside. We just went with the lowest bidder of people around. They had about five other people go with us from other cruiseships that were looking to visit Atlantis. Didn't feel unsafe and I'm pretty sure it wasn't a legit taxi

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a legit taxi
Many taxis have no markings at all....just the license plate. Few, if any, have a meter and a passenger/driver divider. And the vehicles run the gamut from brand new luxury vans (very rare), to beat up old models that were discontinued by the manufacturer 20+ years ago (many of these).

But more to the point: there's be some vigilante justice if an unlicensed taxi picked up passengers. From the drivers/vehicles I've been in in Nassau, the minimum requirements for vehicles and drivers must be very low. That being said, all the drivers I've had in Nassau have been infinitely nicer and more pleasant that any taxi driver I've ridden with in Washington DC.

Thanks! Sounds like we can just get off the ship and easily find a way there. Thanks for the information.

1. Nassau taxis are on a zone system...there are regulated fares from one part of the island to another. This also means that taxis do not have any incentive to take the long way. Here are the regulated fares:

View attachment 271244

2. Taxis all have yellow license plates that start with NP, like this:
LicensePlate.jpg

A shared van is $5 per person, but will wait to fill up with strangers. A dedicated taxis is $11 fare +$1 bridge toll + fees for more than 2 passengers + tip.

Thanks. I will take a look at the license plate before getting on.

LAX

In Feb 2017 we took the water taxi over at 4pp and we had an ecv. The walk from the dock
was long and up hill, so we took a taxi back. The driver made us pay $4 x 4 since the ECV
took up the room of 2 more passengers. I didn't argue, I just wanted to safely get back to
the ship. Won't do that again. We have also taken the guided tour excursion thru DCL
(without the ECV).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!