$ exchange rate

Disneynutinlondon

<font color=blue>It's been such a blast with all t
I've been keeping an eye on the rate all day as it's been creeping up and right now the interbank rate stands at $1.69 to £1 fingers crossed it keeps on going up and stays there for a while :)

Let's hope it stays like that for a good while!

The exchange rate is a funny thing. It is so relative, isn't it? A few years ago we were all jumping up and down and rushing out to buy when it was close enough to hitting 1.50. A couple of years before that I had a panic when it dropped below $2/£1 and rushed out to buy TC's at $1.97 feeling quite cheated :rotfl:

You are so right Lee.

I take cash with me (I know it's not everyones cup of tea but it helps me budget) so when it reached $1.60 after being in the $1.50's for ages I rushed out and changed £4218.15 to give me the required $6750 that I wanted. Fast forward to today and the same amount of $$ would have cost me £3994.08 a saving of £225.06 which I think is a lot in anyones book :sad2::sad2:

Still you win some , you lose some and tbh it doesn't really bother me that much as I get to spend my $$ at Disney :cool1::cool1::cool1:

That's also very true.

I probably feel it less because I change money throughout the year, every year, whether I have two trips booked or no trips booked at the time. I don't buy a lot in cash but when I see a rate I am happy with at the time, I just top up or buy. The saving grace in this method is that I could never really tell how much it's worth as a straight conversion so when we are in the USA, I spend $ as $ without thinking of them in pounds. Except of course on the odd occasion like when DD said "Look! Crunchie. Can I have one?" to the $3 a piece chocolate bars at the UK pavilion and I knew that the week before I'd seen them in Tesco at 4 for £1 :lmao::lmao:

Except of course on the odd occasion like when DD said "Look! Crunchie. Can I have one?" to the $3 a piece chocolate bars at the UK pavilion and I knew that the week before I'd seen them in Tesco at 4 for £1 :lmao::lmao:

LOL!!! that's our favourite game when we are in the UK pavillion at EPCOT ......laugh at the price of the chocolate :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter