Exactly what we needed...$467.00 of

OMG you NEVER let men go grocery shopping alone. They always go rogue. If they insist, they must take a list and stick to it. Sigh.....what are you having for dinner tonight? Spam and beans???? LOL!!!
My husband is a great grocery shopper. Much better than I am, but I end up doing it 99% of the time, due to schedules.

DH often does the food shopping alone. If I go with him, it's just to push the cart. He also does all the cooking, the cleaning, the laundry (including folding and putting away clothes), irons his own work shirts, fixes anything that breaks, takes care of the cars, works around the farm...and yes he has a brother, but no, you don't want him LOL.

Sound like a complete moron.
Pretty sure the OP was trying to be funny and start a light-hearted thread. 'Cause if she was implying that her husband was a moron, that would be totally disrespectful, right? :rolleyes1 No justification for considering an adult partner to be a "moron" just because the person made some choices that are different than the ones the OP would have made. What's wrong with what he did anyway? He presumably helps pay for the groceries and wanted to try some new stuff. We wouldn't look to kindly on a thread where a husband was criticizing a wife for getting the "wrong" kind of tires put on the car or mowing the grass too short, or whatever. I really don't think the OP was truly complaining.

ugh I feel you. since moving I've been sticking to about $50 in groceries a week for the 2 of us. Took him shopping with me last weekend and spent $150 because he doesn't understand how to check prices and insists on buying multiples of everything

DH isn't allowed to go grocery shopping. I never thought I would prohibit a grown man from doing something, but I did. Our grocery budget is $200-250/ month. In a single trip, he'd spend $300 and come home with nothing but frozen tv dinners, snacks, and pop to last a week.

I can't send him up to Walgreens to pick up a gallon of milk anymore either, as last time he returned with $10 worth of chocolate (neither of us eat chocolate), a 12 pk of pop that he spent $6 for :scared: (even though we have plenty at home), 2 cans of beef noodle soup because "I know how much you love soup" (which I do, but I've been a vegetarian since long before I met him), a $40 electric razor that he has never even opened, 4 single serving bags of the same flavor of chips (rather than spending half the price for a large bag), 4 16.9 oz bottles of DIET Mtn Dew (again, why not spend less and get the 2 liter AND no one drinks diet here), a tube of Colgate (we use Crest and had almost a full tube at home), 2 sets of nail clippers (again, several sets at home), spray on deodorant (he thought it was air freshener :rotfl2:), and 2 of the kid juices with the character head tops that I refuse to buy because they're way over priced ($3.29 ea for 6 oz:sad2:). Oh, and the milk? We drink 2%. He bought skim and the expiration date was two days later. This happened almost a year ago. OP, you're not alone.

DH isn't allowed to go grocery shopping. I never thought I would prohibit a grown man from doing something, but I did. Our grocery budget is $200-250/ month. In a single trip, he'd spend $300 and come home with nothing but frozen tv dinners, snacks, and pop to last a week.

I can't send him up to Walgreens to pick up a gallon of milk anymore either, as last time he returned with $10 worth of chocolate (neither of us eat chocolate), a 12 pk of pop that he spent $6 for :scared: (even though we have plenty at home), 2 cans of beef noodle soup because "I know how much you love soup" (which I do, but I've been a vegetarian since long before I met him), a $40 electric razor that he has never even opened, 4 single serving bags of the same flavor of chips (rather than spending half the price for a large bag), 4 16.9 oz bottles of DIET Mtn Dew (again, why not spend less and get the 2 liter AND no one drinks diet here), a tube of Colgate (we use Crest and had almost a full tube at home), 2 sets of nail clippers (again, several sets at home), spray on deodorant (he thought it was air freshener :rotfl2:), and 2 of the kid juices with the character head tops that I refuse to buy because they're way over priced ($3.29 ea for 6 oz:sad2:). Oh, and the milk? We drink 2%. He bought skim and the expiration date was two days later. This happened almost a year ago. OP, you're not alone.

OMG....Too funny. Reminds me of someone on these boards complaining about their DH and shopping. She sent him out for ham and cheese to make sandwiches and he came back with a can of cheez whiz and a steak...I almost died laughing.

When my DH stops at the the store to pick up a few things, there's usually an added box of ding dongs, a jar of Nutella or some Cocoa Puffs. Things I do not buy!!

When my DH stops at the the store to pick up a few things, there's usually an added box of ding dongs, a jar of Nutella or some Cocoa Puffs. Things I do not buy!!
DH does that when we are shopping together! I'm always laughing as we unload the cart, to see what goodies he's snuck in there. :goodvibes

Guess I should appreciate DH's efforts more. He does make mistakes and brings home too many cookies and candy, but he's pretty good about getting everything on the list (given enough details), and I'd rather send him than go shopping myself.

Too funny.

My DH does not go to the grocery. Every once in a while I will ask him to run into the Wal-Mart grocery by our house for something quick like hamburger buns - he usually though ends up spending $20 on things like puffy Cheetos, Hostess cakes, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter