Everything Hurts & I Need A Bathroom! A First Timer's Guide to 2018's Disneyland (COMPLETE)

Oh man, that rainbow crosswalk. I sort of want to go just to take that selfie. Sounds like you kicked off the trip in a grand manner!

SO BRUNCH IN ONE OF THE GAYEST PLACES THERE IS IT WAS!

My gay heart was SINGING!

BRUNCH YAS! Excellent idea.

39701540172_8071be02b9_c.jpg

You're adorable.

And YES, it was 200% as it good as it looked. My goodness. This was THE MEAL of the trip. I'm always weird about smoked salmon for textural reasons, even if flavor is always on-point, but this was perfect. The sauce mixed with the egg and the crispy things on top (I forget what they were called) made for a culinary EXPERIENCE. I DEVOURED it.

This sounds amazing!! Yum!!

Normally I'd push that idea aside and end our meal on a normal note, but I realized I was in California, I was only here for a few days and you only live once. So... after Raven signed her check (I paid with cash, she paid with card), I took my receipt that I was supposed to take and wrote a little note with my number.

Hey, when in California! Sounds like you had a great start to your day in WeHo!

So...did the waiter ever call you?!

I also need to know this!

So...did the waiter ever call you?!

And, also waiting to hear about the waiter...
giphy.gif

I also need to know this!

To avoid drawing out the suspense, I never got a text nor a call. Nothing. Oh well. I didn't expect much from it, especially since there probably wouldn't have been much I could've done had he responded. Love how y'all got so invested in that though lol

Sounds like a great time in WeHo! Love the pics of the rainbow crosswalk!

It was! And those pics forever remind me we need more rainbow sidewalks in this world.

I'm a big fan of RHOBH, New York, and New Jersey. I LOVED watching RHOA back when it first began, now, not so much.
I think that crosswalk is the happiest crosswalk on earth... too bad traffic was busy bc I might would've laid down to take a cool picture!

I love New York too! Not a huge fan of NJ because I always end up hating my faves on that in the end. I will always love Atlanta as long as Queen NeNe Leakes is there.

'Tis the happiest crosswalk and I totally would've done that, but I just don't trust LA drivers. Nope, never ever.

Oh man, that rainbow crosswalk. I sort of want to go just to take that selfie. Sounds like you kicked off the trip in a grand manner!

It's worth it. Definitely go on a day that wasn't nearly as gloomy as it was for us. Kick off the trip in a grand and BRIGHT manner :thumbsup2

BRUNCH YAS! Excellent idea.

It was the BEST idea.

You're adorable.

Oh stahp

tenor.gif

Hey, when in California! Sounds like you had a great start to your day in WeHo!

It was. Too bad he wasn't as interested as I was lmao *insert upside down happy face emoji here*

Hi Timmy just found your TR and will be back to catch up. Can't wait. :rainbow:

Hello! :welcome:

Glad to have you joining in! :mickeyjum

Last edited:

Okay, Timmy ~ you are like the cutest thing ever! You have the best smile and your happiness and positivity shine through in all of your pictures.

Your salmon brunch looks delicious! I've never heard of that rainbow crosswalk, but how neat is that?! Sounds like a fun start to your trip!

my future husband will propose to me on the spot where Constance's ring is found in the pavement
LOL or you could propose to him.

Disneyland is so special and magical in its own unique way.
I can only imagine and can't wait to hear about your experiances.

No parades were at the parks. No fireworks either. Splash Mountain, Dumbo and Haunted Mansion are all closed for refurbishment at Disneyland along with refurb walls surrounding the hub and Town's Square. In DCA, Paradise Pier was all under construction with Mickey's Fun Wheel and California Screamin' in particularly closed for my entire trip. So it was a rather partial Disneyland I experienced, but all the more reason to go back.
Bummer but I love your attitude.

I'm he-ere.
:wave2: HI Kaitlyn, Good to see you around the boards again. Hope school is working out great for you. Come check out my TR https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-999th-haunt-stole-my-bra-updated-1-19.3652878

Like most people go on break and they start giving themselves like a 1am curfew or something when they don't have plans for the day. Me? Not at all. I'm sleeping all day and up until 4am every night to do it all over again.
Sounds like my college years. Oh to be young again.

IT WAS SUNNY!
Yay but then I see that didn't last.

We also walked by a toy store, but not the Disney kind of toy store
Your killing me here. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I ordered a Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict.
Oh that looks seriously awesome.

To avoid drawing out the suspense, I never got a text nor a call. Nothing. Oh well. I didn't expect much from it, especially since there probably wouldn't have been much I could've done had he responded. Love how y'all got so invested in that though lol
Yes my inquiring mind wanted to know.

My brother who is also gay lived in San Diego for about 10 yr's, so much of what your describing of gay LA, sounds familiar to my visit to him. Oh memories.

I asked on my TR if you've been having problems posting gifs appears not??? Wonder if I need to do something different? Also curious how on my TR I can post a link at the bottom of my post for the next post (post continued here)?

Okay, Timmy ~ you are like the cutest thing ever! You have the best smile and your happiness and positivity shine through in all of your pictures.

Your salmon brunch looks delicious! I've never heard of that rainbow crosswalk, but how neat is that?! Sounds like a fun start to your trip!

Awwww, thanks Lauren! You're so sweet and that means so much.

It WAS. Best meal of the trip. And omg the rainbow crosswalk is a must-do in WeHo, you just have to see it, take pics with it and walk it.

LOL or you could propose to him.

True. But I'm the princess sooooo...

tenor.gif

Bummer but I love your attitude.

The crowds were still low and it gave me more reason to enjoy the other things. I wouldn't have nearly done as much if I had to worry about doing all that was gone.

Sounds like my college years. Oh to be young again.

When I'm the only one I know who does it regularly lol

Yay but then I see that didn't last.

Nope :(
Your killing me here. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Yes my inquiring mind wanted to know.

Y'all so nosey. ;)

I asked on my TR if you've been having problems posting gifs appears not??? Wonder if I need to do something different? Also curious how on my TR I can post a link at the bottom of my post for the next post (post continued here)?

I saw. You might just need to find better links. Some links don't work well with the DIS for some reason idk why

And linking at the bottom. I just highlight that text, click the link icon, copy-and-paste in the link of the next chapter and voila, you can link all your chapters together. :teeth:

Hi everyone!

I just want to give fair warning that I'm back in school (and unfortunately fighting an obnoxious cold) so updates might come less frequently since I never got ahead too too far with this trip report. Don't worry, I will do my best with my typical crazy schedule, just be patient. Thank you and enjoy the update!

No One's Gonna Rain On My Parade (of Fame)!
January 9th, 2018

We left off with Raven & I heading out to Hollywood Boulevard for the Walk of Fame and various other iconic locations found there. It was raining off and on so we were nervous it was going to just get worse and worse, meaning a not-so-fun Walk of Fame experience since it is indeed completely outside.

As we drove along, I took a pic of your typical SoCal street, complete with Snapchat geofilter:

I mentioned earlier to note Raven's swallowing whole of her brunch at The Abbey. I say so because Raven's decision to do so was in poor taste because on the drive she was not feeling good at all. We were on the phone with her girlfriend while driving and it was just a cacophony of many crazy things being said as we navigated the craziness that is the streets of LA. It was quite the drive and as you can see from the picture, it did indeed start to rain but then it went away. It was off-and-on right up until we arrived at Hollywood Boulevard when it became rather steady. We weren't sure how much walking we were going to have so I tried to take pics of the various landmarks as we went by them like The REAL Grauman's Chinese Theater (which I must say is a bit smaller than the one found at Hollywood Studios), El Capitan, The Dolby Theater, etc. The only one that really came out decent or at least decent enough a photo was El Capitan. The rain droplets on the windshield gave it an artsy vibe (Also, GO SEE COCO!!!).

After that mess of a drive, Raven started feeling better and we found a garage in no time with yet another rather low parking fee, heaven bless. Raven paid for the last garage so I was to pay for this one. Unfortunately, this meant we had to go to a store and buy something to confirm we parked in order to sight-see around the Boulevard.

The garage led us right into the Dolby Theater area, which led into a mall of sorts on one side then Grauman's on the other. It was still pouring so we spent some time wandering around inside there. Eventually, we found the viewing area where you can look at the Hollywood Hills and likewise the Hollywood sign. Unfortunately, it was SUPER overcast so while it wasn't too too hard to see it in person, at least for me with my scarily good vision (ask anyone, I can see pretty well compared to most), but with a camera not so much. I tried my best, but this is what I got:

We didn't stay there for long because it was pretty packed and we were not about that.

As we walked around, Raven rattled off all these little tidbits she knew about the place, trying to be my tour guide. Obviously she didn't know everything so we kinda made up some facts like how I was walking up-and-down the same stairs Julie Andrews walked on when she won her Oscar (Oscars are held at the Dolby Theater) for THE PRINCESS DIARIES (actually Mary Poppins, if you didn't know). It was really funny and our best way of distracting ourselves and preventing us from going out in the rain.

We did peak out for a moment on the other viewing area to get a better view of the El Capitan theater where Coco AND The Last Jedi were playing. I personally LOVED both films and was kinda willing to go see them there (because EL CAPITAN), but Raven was obviously in the crowd that DID NOT want ANYTHING to do with Last Jedi. I already gave her my few choice words on the matter and that was that on that. The Disney Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop (since being taken over by Ghirardelli) was also nearby so I was able to get some good pics of those up above. Raven was also kind enough to get a pic of me with them nearby. The rain had subsided a bit so we weren't getting too wet, but it was cold so we kinda rushed these.

Back under cover we went. We wandered around a bit more, which was when the bathroom run marathon began, where the title of this TR comes in ("I Need A Bathroom!"). I don't know why, since I'm normally not too too bad, but this trip became the trip where my bladder turned into that of a kid. It was like of every so many hours I had to take a bathroom break. No one else did except me. It was weird. I don't know what came over me. Whatever, it didn't really get much in the way of anything (if anything, it gave us some break time when we got into the thick of the REAL reason I was in California).

Anyways, after ducking under cover and a bathroom break, we decided, it was getting ridiculous how we were just wandering under cover. I came for the Walk of Fame so we needed to figure out how to get out in that rain without getting wet and enjoy what Hollywood Boulevard had to offer. How to though? Raven neglected to bring an umbrella and we couldn't find ponchos ANYWHERE so we were ready to brave it when... HEAVEN BLESS OUR GUARDIAN ANGEL. Right as we were about to duck out of the Dolby to get a look at the Walk of Fame, we saw a street vendor walking around with a cart of $5 umbrellas. Raven & I very quickly made a split cash fund and ran out to go buy the umbrella and we were finally on our way for our Walk of Fame adventures.

The umbrella was a good investment, but I wanted pics with some of the stars so wet I did eventually get. Not to mention, I wore converse and skinny jeans and there were puddles EVERYWHERE so my legs got wet pretty quick as did Raven's. It was not very fun. However, we took a lot of vids and held on tight to one another and made the best of it, mostly making cracks about how this was too Florida for California considering Florida's rep for weather (and how we knew that all too well). All-in-all, it was a memorable time we won't forget anytime soon. I got a lot of photos along the Walk of various stars. I won't bore you with all of them, especially since it will go over the photo limit so here are my faves along with the few stars I decided to get photos with aka "Selfies with Three Queens & the LOML" (your job to guess which is which).

Let's get started on the Splash Mountain version of the Walk of Fame...

"Harry Potter! Such an honor it is."

We love you, Genie. Rip. :'(

Didn't find Beyonce's star for some reason.

The Queens of my Elementary School Life!

My spirit animal!

Oh yeah, we're going here soon!

One of the Holy Chrises

Could not find Walt's star. What was up on the Walk of Fame today?

Han! Indy!

Sandy!

Danny!

Not Disney.

The King of Pop! Rip x2.

Nothing but respect for my Presidents:

I also have a vid of us walking around just to give you an idea of what was happening. It involved a lot of pointing out stars or taking pics as we walked. It was a rather farcical Walk of Fame.

Click to watch!

As you can tell, Flickr got these all hopelessly out of order so I apologize. You also might notice, we might've made some stops. The Disneyland star stands directly in front of the door to the Disney Soda Fountain Shop where we went in to hide from the rain and oddly cold temperatures. We also managed to ask a cast member to scan our parking ticket to confirm we were on Hollywood Boulevard so we wouldn't be charged extra for parking. She was very nice and did it without making us buy something there. We sat around there trying to warm up then headed out to walk some more. It was really cute in there, reminded me a lot of the old Disney Stores. It also let us go in and see some of the entrance to El Capitan. Fun fun NOT in the rain.

Later on, we managed to find ourselves out in front of the Grauman's Chinese Theater. There, we decided to look at all the handprints and footprints, many of which do exist at Studios, but it was cool to see the originals. With the rain, it's hard to make out who was who so I've written so in the captions for ya.

Michael Jackson. Again.

Dick Van Dyke (above) & Gene Kelly

After that, we re-congregated, soaked to the bone, at The Dolby where we were parked to figure out what to do. Raven had suggested a tour but they all cost A TON and I wasn't really in the mood, I'm not much of a tour person as is. I like to do things my own way, not have someone guide me through an itinerary. I like to give my trips a little spontaneity. I saw some of the life-sized Oscar statues (the Oscars are in February so they were out prepping) and wanted pics with those as well as some pics around the Dolby then we could go. The 7 hour flight was starting to weigh on me and we had a long three days ahead of us so I think it was best we head out. Also, Raven's house was about an hour plus away without traffic so we were ready to go.

First up, some pictures of the Dolby!

If you notice the pillars that line the entrance to the Dolby Theater, they have listed every winner of Best Picture from every year with years in the future already set up. Raven & I took notice and added some like-minded commentary (no, this was not a planned Snap vid).

Click to watch!

We had a bit of a hunt trying to find the Oscars. On the way, we stopped in one of the many generic souvenir shops for souvenirs. We wandered around in there while I tried to pick out what I wanted. Almost bought this Megaphone (I do love being a director and bossing people around).

I DID end up buying the two shot glasses in my hand. I thought they were the most perfectly tacky thing to get at a perfectly tacky little souvenir shop. One was your generic shot glass that said LA and Los Angeles on it. The other was a rather hunky man's torso in a blue speedo that said Hollywood. I don't shy away from my thirst lol They were going to be worthwhile purchases for my party house apartment back at school hehehe

After that, we finally found the life-sized Oscar statues for my final pic with me in it on Hollywood Boulevard. Oscar's a rather attractive man, don't you think?

Note how soaked the bottoms of my jeans were. You can only imagine how bad it was for my converse.

We rushed back to the Dolby, but before we could go, Raven & I took immediate notice of Madame Tussaud's (the wax museum) main draw...

Don't deny it. Zac Efron is very very nice to look at. *sigh*

Umm yes what? Where were we? New Hampshire? NO. Hollywood. California. Disneyland trip. Trip report. GET IT TOGETHER TIMMY. MEN ARE TRASH.

*ahem*

Anyways. After momentarily getting mesmerized by Troy Bolton in only swim trunks and considering going into Madame Tussaud's ($30.95 to go in, NO WAY), we rushed back to the Dolby before we got even wetter and colder. We quickly found the place to pay for the car and got that squared away with only $2 for our two hours wandering around. Raven luckily made note of where her car was in the garage and before we knew it, we were on our way to my college student version of the Disneyland hotel, our afternoon in Hollywood officially ended.

Our day was not over yet. No, not at all. Although we were in for an early night (Disneyland tomorrow!), we still had some other forms of business to attend to. I'll be back with that later so stick around!

Continued Here

Last edited:
I mentioned earlier to note Raven's swallowing whole of her brunch at The Abbey. I say so because Raven's decision to do so was in poor taste because on the drive she was not feeling good at all.

Oh no!! I'm glad this didn't last too long.

(Also, GO SEE COCO!!!).

Such a beautiful movie!! We loved it! So visually impressive!

Obviously she didn't know everything so we kinda made up some facts like how I was walking up-and-down the same stairs Julie Andrews walked on when she won her Oscar (Oscars are held at the Dolby Theater) for THE PRINCESS DIARIES (actually Mary Poppins, if you didn't know).

:rotfl:

I don't know why, since I'm normally not too too bad, but this trip became the trip where my bladder turned into that of a kid. It was like of every so many hours I had to take a bathroom break. No one else did except me. It was weird. I don't know what came over me.

:rotfl2: When ya gotta' go...

One of the Holy Chrises

The Holy Chrises! Yas!

This is so cute! :-)

Almost bought this Megaphone (I do love being a director and bossing people around).

It's a good look for you!

That stinks about the rain but I'm glad you braved it to see the stars! Brings back memories of my LA trip a few years ago :) Love the pic with the Mickey Mouse star, so cute!

Anddd I'll pretend I didn't hear that comment about Christina Aguilera :rotfl:

Oh no!! I'm glad this didn't last too long

Me too and luckily it didn't happen again.
Such a beautiful movie!! We loved it! So visually impressive!

I've only got to see it once but I want to see it again so bad. I was bawling through the last half hour, it was so beautiful.

:rotfl2: When ya gotta' go...

I definitely exceeded some quota tho sheesh

The Holy Chrises! Yas!

Sadly only found him. I hope the rest have Stars and weren't Minnie'd.

This is so cute! :-)

Thanks! :teeth:

It's a good look for you!

Lol thank you

That stinks about the rain but I'm glad you braved it to see the stars! Brings back memories of my LA trip a few years ago :) Love the pic with the Mickey Mouse star, so cute!

It was worth it and we definitely have a hilarious memory about the whole deal. And thank you, it definitely took extra time for that photo.

Anddd I'll pretend I didn't hear that comment about Christina Aguilera :rotfl:

tenor.gif

Hope you are feeling better. I am loving reading your report. We are going to Hollywood/Disneyland for the first time in June. My 15 year old is obsessed and wants to see all things Lala Land. She is anxiously waiting to be able to do the college program when the time comes as she has basically grown up at WDW with hundreds of visits. (We live an hour and a half away)

All the love for the best boss ever.

Humm sorry the torso just can't make up for how creepy that face is.

Looks like you enjoyed yourself even if it was wet. Memories for live.

Lol I kinda had that feeling too... but such a nice torso... Anyways, it was a good time. Definitely something to laugh about looking back on it.

Hope you are feeling better. I am loving reading your report. We are going to Hollywood/Disneyland for the first time in June. My 15 year old is obsessed and wants to see all things Lala Land. She is anxiously waiting to be able to do the college program when the time comes as she has basically grown up at WDW with hundreds of visits. (We live an hour and a half away)

I'm feeling much better, thanks for asking. And :welcome: Glad you're enjoying it!

Omg that's so exciting! You are all going to love it, Disneyland's such a different atmosphere (you will not feel AT ALL like you're in a MK copy) and can be kind of a breath of fresh air for those used to the insanity that is WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts